Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
i did this when i was fourteen op

also you should split out the lennon, mccartney, and harrison songs and listen to them as three albums. and there's always the ringo stuff as a single with a b-side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

mookface posted:

the beatles are decent have some nice songs and everything but there was better stuff at the time in my opinion. It's probably good that they were only around for ten years because I'm sure they'd start to suck and churn out crap

seven, really

Kyrie eleison posted:

every song on that album is a loving gem you imbecile, listen to it again until you learn to appreciate good things

i'm sorry, but im not going to hold up wild honey pie as a good song

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

mookface posted:

their early pop songs are catchy but other bands like the kinks did them better and that's like half of their catalogue

the beatles did go a lot farther out than most rockers did in the 60s, though. you might not like their horn-heavy or experimental stuff as much as she loves you, but it was revolutionary at the time.

also lol if anybody thinks the stones are more authentic than the beatles

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

the blue stymie experience

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Amethyst posted:

like, the only bad song in abbey rd

i heard an orchestral version without any lyrics on the local classical station and i was a little amazed

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
one thing we can all agree on is that pete best was fired for being a bad drummer, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

swampland posted:

harrison album would only be four songs this is a bad idea and you didnt think it through

it's a joke based on a couple of reviews from when it was first released

• Locked thread