Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Nice LP so far! I played a bunch of hours of the new-ish PC game and now I'm trying to find a PnP group too. This should be fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

AltaBrown posted:

This thread is making me want to dig up the old Shadowrun novels, and give them another read. They were terrible, but pulpy fun.

Can you recommend somewhere for a neophyte to start? I've read a ton of cyberpunk but never anything specifically Shadowrun-based.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This update was hilarious. Kitsune getting more and more sick of Armitage's poo poo :lol:

SilverMike posted:

The Secrets of Power trilogy starting with Never Deal With A Dragon. I don't think the books hold up that well on their own merits, but as an introduction to what you can expect from Shadowrun, I think they work well.

Cool I'll see if I can pick these up this weekend, I need a new time-waster book.

RickVoid posted:

And because I never miss an opportunity to pimp a certain series; if you dig on speculative Sci-Fi, the Revelation Space trilogy and its associated novels are also good fun.

Hadn't heard of this one, I'll check it out as well. Also, I don't know how anyone could claim to have read cyberpunk without including Gibson and Stephenson :)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Is there anything stopping a runner from becoming a Goro with four shooty arms, or one of those MGS triple-arm-bots?

Chokes McGee posted:

Remember mi, mon? When mi burn down ya buai, mi sound jus like dis!

:lol:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Booooo quad-katanas seems 100% shadowrun to me.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

My first exposure to arcologies was in SimCity 2000 and I would always beeline for them because the :krad: concept. Nothing has changed in the subsequent years.

And then they blast off into space!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

A bit late but gooning it up in Shadowrun sounds like the absolute perfect thing so please someone make this poo poo happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Great LP, I really enjoyed all the side conversations and personality you crafted for the runners. Also now I get why Armitage showing up in Returns is significant!

• Locked thread