Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This is a nice game. It's pretty rough around the edges but not too bad for a point and click action game.

And yeah, it's REALLY hard to screw yourself. I recall in my first playthrough having to go through a place that took me about an hour and a half because it was my first time through, only to get to the end and be laughed at for missing a keyword. It was a pain but I could still go back and get that keyword despite the place looking like a point of no return, even though the circumstances ended up a bit silly when I thought about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ah, the Zip Gun. Honestly the first time I came across it after selling the Beretta I was amazed I wasn't stuck in an unwinnable situation and the game had a fail-safe in place already.

Also wow did you go nuts on the grinding. Ok so people who haven't played might not realize it but you'd be lucky to find 50 nuyen on a thug, heck he might not drop anything at all. So 4.5k? Yeah that's pretty rich for this early on. Not that that I'm complaining but that finale episode must have lasted quite a while for you to get so much.
Actually, couldn't you buy something else from the Lone Star guy? I can't recall what it was but it wasn't too expensive either.

Liking the self-insert dialogue. This isn't something I usually remark on but the way sentences flow with your keywords can get kinda weird at times so this helps a bunch.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ha, that was pretty good. I always liked the arena because really, you just took down almost the entire thing with the damned Zipgun. And even if you're not too hot at fighting, the game gives you multiple outs too, so there's something for everyone here.

Although I'll have to admit I bought Slap Patches from that little kid for like, the next 3 hours of the game. What can I say, I was young and awful at strategy.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Shotguns are always the best (well, 2nd best sometimes) and this game has good taste for making it so good. And it's not even one of those videogame shotguns with the horrible aim!

Ha, that's what you get for skimping on quality and going for a street doc. At least that bomb is mighty generous and gives you a good few minutes to look around for a solution rather than blow you up on the spot. Guess whoever installed it accounted for tampering.

quote:

"I see a need for it in your future. He who seeks it is a bearer of untruth!"
I can't believe I never picked up on this. That's good early foreshadowing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Honestly I'm glad this LP got so much discussion/interest in the series going, just because Shadowrun has so much to talk about (that's not in this game either). I really enjoy the setting/game world. The last few didn't really get much traction by comparison.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This part. Screw this part. Or maybe not really, but still. Here's my dumb little story.
First time going through, I didn't know what to do after the strobes since I'd just completely ignored the stake for some reason. So off backtracking I go to get it, go all the way back down to Vladimir and use it. Once. Then immediately leave since I'd saved the PC hacking for later but forgot about it while getting caught up in this mess.
In case it's not apparent by next update, Bremington is long. Long, tough and with a few puzzles. And then you get to the Jester only to have the bastard laugh in your face. For some reason this didn't prompt me to reload the game but rather backtrack all the way to Vlad and back to the Jester. To say the least, it was a bit upsetting.

Also for a vampire Vladimir sure sucks (please don't hurt me).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Basically, whatever nonsense you think we're doing right now, it'll all be worth it and self-explanatory once we reach the conclusion of this revenge quest. Because believe me, if this were optional, you'd still do it just because of how much bullshit we're going to have wade through/face.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pffff. Seriously loving your humor. Adds some spice to the game.

So yeah Drake's one unoriginal bastard. Also someone please tell me, is he seriously wearing a blonde wig? I AM seeing yellow hair and not going crazy right?
And now we can see that we're up against waaaay more than we bargained for with a damned dragon. Jester Spirit is downright necessary even if the game didn't railroad us.

And that ice is the dumbest puzzle. I mean, 100 nuyen isn't even much too. Still, what an exchange.
"I want you to go dump a ton of ice in the sea right now."
Also if I remember my science right that poo poo would barely have an effect even in the closest part to where you dump it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Uh.

Aren't we forgetting about some dumb joker we picked up just for this? No seriously I didn't think you could beat this fight legit, I never could manage. That's a pretty chilling result!

• Locked thread