Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Hoi chummer, always room for a true LPer! You're handling the game mighty fine.

I never did beat this game, so I'm looking forward to this LP.
Is there more to combat than just stand still blasting away until someone drops dead?

You should drop by TG, there's games of Shadowrun every once in a while, in addition to endless bitching about the latest version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
As I recall, the Rusted Stilettos are an Ork and Troll gang that lives in the radioactive toxic wasteland part of the Redmond Barrens. They do tons of drugs, are completely nuts, and look kind of like the ghouls from Fallout.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Danaru posted:

Update 6: This Subplot Would Be Moot If This Were Canada

Yesssss. This line. This line is the one thing from the game that's really burnt into my brain.

Although speaking of Canada, the arena guy looks kind of like John Candy.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Yeah, in the tabletop version, any fraction of Essence loss rounds up to Magic loss. So, even a datajack is as damaging as, well, anything that costs less than one Essence. This does lead to some weird number shaving, but it's usually never worth it.
Unless you're an Adept, in which case the cyberware is probably better than your powers. Poor Adepts :(

I don't think it comes up in the game, but as you lose essence, you start getting weird and take social penalties, and if you use up all your essence you die.
Unless you decide to make a bunch of stupid bargains and use up more essence than you have, in which case you get to be a cyberzombie. Or rather, you get to make a new character, because they're just too messed up for a PC.
They're basically what you get when you have so much cyberware your soul fails to recognize your body and decides to leave, only to grabbed and nailed to that catalogue of cyberware you call a body. They have negative essence, and are basically equivalent to a minor atrocity in terms of spellcasting interference and haunting by evil spirits.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

On the other hand, heh, there's a relatively rare magical mutation called Shiva arms. It's either part of a set of random mutations that usually turns you into a furry, but there's also a stable new subspecies called Narataki, which get that and red or blue or gold-colored skin.
You can totally build a six armed gunslinger, but you have to divide your dice pool uo between those six guns. Best to use the grenade pistols.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I haven't played Shadowrun in a while, and that makes me sad. :smith:

On the other hand, Dragonfall was great. I don't really care for the combat system, but the writing is fun and the fuckery you can accomplish with high level Charisma/Decking is amazing.
I haven't had a chance to try out the user generated modules, though.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

On the other hand, ghouls also exist to run Tamanous, the loving terrifying organlegging and used cyberware outfit. If you're dealing with them, you're probably a seriously bad dude. Or thrifty.

You can actually play as the Infected, but it's kind of a pain, since you're basically a walking biohazard. Most of the special metatype options were kinda hard to use.

Man, I still remember grinding off those ghouls. If you're here by yourself (or if you don't give a poo poo about your teammates), you stand behind one of those coffins and tape down the shoot button; they get stuck on the coffin trying to get at you.

I think 4th edition let you buy artisanal wooden bullets to hunt vampire. I know you could buy silver bullets for werewolves.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I know cloned limb/organ replacements are a thing, at least in 4e. I think Cybertechnology had the actual rules. I always wondered if there were a market for selling limbs for food and getting them replaced, like a really metal version of selling blood plasma. I recall it being super expensive, so probably not.

OTOH, it'd be something to throw into the backstory of a street sam, although I'm pretty sure ghouls already eat surgical scraps.

EDIT
I think the logistics on it were pretty terrible in all senses of the word, it was something like a pound or two of flesh every week or two, which doesn't sound like much but builds up to a huge amount with any length of time or population.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 3, 2014

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I guess the shopkeeper won't buy the mesh jacket because it's his neighbor's? He doesn't want anything to do with the Dark Blade?

Also, I...have no idea if mermaids are a thing in Shadowrun. I know the iceans are probably polluted as hell, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Wow, awesome LP.
Now you need to play the Shadowrun Returns mod version for comparison, haha. Assuming that project hasn't flamed out, anyway.

• Locked thread