Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
A small correction on accuracy, the chance to hit is actually (1 + Firearms + Accuracy)/8, so you cannot miss even with the Zip gun with a Firearms skill of 7. 6 will guarantee a hit with any other weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012

HGH posted:

I can't believe I never picked up on this. That's good early foreshadowing.
I didn't either until this LP. I can believe it though, the first time I had obviously forgotten it by the time it became relevant and in future play-troughs, I sped trough his dialog.

Anyway, the Shootgun has an accuracy of 2, so you only need a firearm skill of 5 to get a perfect accuracy with it. I tend to leave the firearm skill there and just get more body if I have a problem with King.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
It's easier to remember the similarities. Both are based on Shadowrun. The similarities ends there though.

The genesis game is far more faithful to the Shadowrun universe. It tries to stuff as many Shadowrun elements in it as it can and has way more options when it comes to equipment, spells, the matrix and what have you. It is however much lighter on the story.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
I think you can rehire runners even if they die.

Anyway, some information about damage. Every attack (including spells) deals randomly damage from one to it's max damage and then defense is subtracted. So, even if an attack had a maximum damage of 50, it could still roll a 1 and then fail to even penetrate a leather armor. If an enemy has a sizable defense, high damage rolls are extra useful. For example, the shotgun can roll 1-8. Against an enemy with no defense, a roll of 8 deals twice the damage a roll of 4 does. Against an enemy with 3 defense, a roll of 8 deals five times the damage a roll of 4 does.

Last, some information about the computer skill. Each time you attack an IC, your chance to succeed is [computer skill] / 7. If you fail, you take a random amount of damage that depends on the computer you're hacking (the damage is always 1 - something, although there's no defense stat to reduce the damage here.) This means you pretty much have to max it out, raising your computer skill from 5 to 6 halves the chance of failure.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012

SilverMike posted:

Being generous with what level the wired (boosted) reflexes are, I'd put his eventual Essence drain at 3.something out of 6, which translates to losing 4 points or 2/3rds of a normal starting character's maximum possible Magic. If he can take that loss without breaking a sweat, he's basically Shadowrun Jesus.
Considering that Jake is almost guaranteed to be the best fighter, the best decker and usually also the best magic user, he's definitely operating outside of normal human limitations. There will be additional indicators that he's something else than a normal shadowrunner.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
The Cyberzombie seems only really useful for making boss fights. Since boss fights rarely translate well to P&P RPGs, that limits the usefulness further to video and computer Shadowrun games. I suppose you could use them to give the player a "oh poo poo, run away, run away!" moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Just a quick correction to this but you don't gain magic by being a cyberzombie, you gain anti-magic, as in you literally become an unnatural sucking void in astral space like a walking abomination against god and man (which you are, basically) and magic just sort of fizzles off of you. This has its downsides as it means that beneficial magic doesn't really do much for you either, but at that point you probably don't care for a variety of reasons.
You gain anti-magic, but magic is needed to prevent you from spontaneously dying. I sense certain difficulties with the process.

• Locked thread