Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Rockopolis posted:

On the other hand, ghouls also exist to run Tamanous, the loving terrifying organlegging and used cyberware outfit. If you're dealing with them, you're probably a seriously bad dude. Or thrifty.

You can actually play as the Infected, but it's kind of a pain, since you're basically a walking biohazard. Most of the special metatype options were kinda hard to use.

Man, I still remember grinding off those ghouls. If you're here by yourself (or if you don't give a poo poo about your teammates), you stand behind one of those coffins and tape down the shoot button; they get stuck on the coffin trying to get at you.

I think 4th edition let you buy artisanal wooden bullets to hunt vampire. I know you could buy silver bullets for werewolves.

I played a (non-feral) ghoul in 3rd edition. It worked out well enough, though my in-character best friend (played by another guy) had a day job as a coroner. Getting food wasn't that hard for me.

Would imagine it would be a nightmare if you didn't have a connection like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Poil posted:

Eh, in 4e you can pay an extra 20% (or maybe it was 30) extra for your lifestyle and any meat and blood you need is taken care of that way. I assume a ghoul fixer who's running, under cover obviously, a cleaning company specialized in crime scenes would be a good contact to have too.

Yes...well...me and my friends tended to ignore the existence of 4th edition after the first time we tried it. Also most groups I've been in would balk at the idea of using a flat money fee for something like this. You'd have to have the connection AND role-play it out (in addition to any money involved).

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Arglebargle III posted:

One thing I'm confused about is what Orks and Trolls are supposed to look like. 90s Shadowrun art depicts them as hideous, warty, wrinkly calloused disfigured freaks, but Shadowrun Returns depicts them as pretty normal looking people when you get past the brow ridges and tusks and body mass. Is it just 90s art being 90s art? Or has there been a thing where goblinoids got rehabilitated?

One thing that's been bugging me as well: I'm not sure I understand how the "punk" side of cyberpunk continues to survive in Shadowrun's urban areas. Like, with the resources of the megacorps how does Redmond Barrens in Seattle or The Pit in Manhattan continue to exist? Seems like they could walk in any time they wanted with renta-cops and armored bulldozers and go all Gaza on their asses. Who would care enough to stop them?

For both your questions.

1. Orks and trolls CAN look human like (once you get past the teeth, muscles, horns, eyebrows, jutting jaws, etc), they can also look like they got hit by the ugly tree and ALL of it's branches. Art just likes to focus on the latter I suppose.

2. Why would they care?! The gangs and whatnot don't get involve with what little holdings corps hold in those locations and they sure as hell don't give a drat about the general populace.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Gridlocked posted:

Yeah I know the type of player you mean.

Still it's their own dumb fault for being stupid enough to have 0.5 Essence left and expect to live long in the Fourth World. I mean haven't they heard of the infected? Those poor bastards are leaking Essence on a daily basis and their lives are hell.

Then again, if you're playing a street sammy, the game sorta pushes the idea of .1 essence onto you. At least in 3rd ed, the pre-made street shammy was hanging at a nice "comfy" .1 essence. Can't really blame them for that.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

I would love to join something like this...

But honestly, I'm not sure I have the chops/dedication for it.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Gridlocked posted:

Be a Technomancer, avoid peripherals

Most groups I've been in dislike technomancers and their existence (especially back in the olden days when they were called Otakus).

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Thank you for doing this lp. You did a great job.

You should also definitely do SR returns next.

FridayNightFights posted:

The Director's Cut of Dragonfall comes out in two days, I'm waiting for that before finally sitting down and playing it despite having it since release.

Just wanted to echo everyone else and saw thank you for the very enjoyable LP Danaru. I didn't even know there was an SNES version until last year, having grown up on the Genesis version and this let me finally see what it had to offer.

:eyepop:

:holy:

:dance:

I was unaware of the existence of this marvelous news. I really need to check my email more often. Thanks for giving me something to look forward to in the days ahead.

Though now I have decide if I want to play Dragonfall again (with the new improvements) or play Wasteland 2 now that its FINALLY coming out.

Edit: I just watched the trailer. I think I'm going to cry tears of pure joy now. Holy crap, I have a lot of sci-fi rpgs to play this week.

mauman fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 16, 2014

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Rockopolis posted:

Wow, awesome LP.
Now you need to play the Shadowrun Returns mod version for comparison, haha. Assuming that project hasn't flamed out, anyway.

It's still going, it even got a massive update recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

Har he tee hee ho. Here's a man what understands the game.

He would need to redo his epilogue.

Not that that would be a problem really.

• Locked thread