Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Mister Kingdom posted:

What if I'm filled with misery?

Russian literature might be up your alley!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's more fun to talk about the bad.

I remember literature classes in high school (a looooong time ago) and hating dissecting every loving word. No, Mr. Jones, I don't know what the author meant by the scene with the three-legged dog and, frankly, I don't give a gently caress.

Its actually really fun when you understand what the three-legged dog/whatever really represents, and your whole scene's meaning changes. :eng101:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Wolpertinger posted:

Almost nothing beyond the typical high school classics, I mean I've tried some but I've never been able to actually stick with one for long enough to actually finish all or even most of it.

What ones did you try?

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Smoking Crow posted:

Pearl S. Buck.

Ive only read The Good Earth, what else from her would you recommend?