Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Alkydere posted:

There's no legal way to succeed from the US, and all signs point to Brexit being comically, absurdly bad economically already.

Then again reality has no hold on those who want Texas succession so...probably. Nothing legally will come of it but be prepared for Abbot or some other loons to start screaming about it.

I know, it was sarcasm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

No Safe Word posted:

rolleyes-barfing-rolleyes.gif

The funny thing about Paxton's statement is that when his side was asked by the court if the changes had saved any women's life thanks to the changes, they could not find any examples.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Zil posted:

The funny thing about Paxton's statement is that when his side was asked by the court if the changes had saved any women's life thanks to the changes, they could not find any examples.

Which lead to RBG basically handing him his rear end during the oral argument if i recall correctly.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Weird, they couldn't find any examples of in-person voting fraud either. Oh well, better safe than sorry I guess.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

zoux posted:

It's not.

And yeah she ended up going to LSU anyway so

How do you think LSU feels about one of their students going all the way to the Supreme Court to complain about the the injustice of having to attend LSU instead of Texas?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Thermos H Christ posted:

How do you think LSU feels about one of their students going all the way to the Supreme Court to complain about the the injustice of having to attend LSU instead of Texas?

Oh I'm sure they get that all the time ahahah

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thermos H Christ posted:

Didn't she have a C average at LSU?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Oh also Rob Morrow got sworn in today

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Thermos H Christ posted:

Oh also Rob Morrow got sworn in today

I didn't believe it was him at first, since there were no big tittied anime waifus around. But his Twitter claims the hat is a symbol of the covered up murders committed by various presidents.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty/status/748006303801409536

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thermos H Christ posted:

Well it's LSU, so I'm gonna guess LSU feels drunk and belligerent about it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GroverNorquist/status/751040686565253124

gently caress AirBnB

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

If that's the future they're at war with, where do I sign the enlistment papers?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
I hope his libertarian boarding house collapses on him and only him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pretty cheeky
https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/750821363628158976

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/jdonohue04/status/750825771057311744

quote:

Janet Donohue ‏@jdonohue04
@TexasTribune @alexazura
I suggest they be buried in Dan Patrick's front yard

I think we can all get behind this.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Hrm... We have had a half-dozen transportation startups come to town since we refused to pass Uber's law. Isn't that the actual ideal libertarian future?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

e_angst posted:

Hrm... We have had a half-dozen transportation startups come to town since we refused to pass Uber's law. Isn't that the actual ideal libertarian future?

No, the libertarian future is where "I GET ALL THE MONEY, gently caress YOU."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KVUE/status/751083465492328448

Sadly, it's a monument panel and not a group of speakers at a pro-Lost Cause symposium.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yeah, I doubt this is going to fit the SCOTUS ruling's guidelines of 'Reasonable Restrictions'

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/KVUE/status/751083465492328448

Sadly, it's a monument panel and not a group of speakers at a pro-Lost Cause symposium.

i'm seriously glad the vandalism has spread beyond just the mlk statue tbh

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Aliquid posted:

i'm seriously glad the vandalism has spread beyond just the mlk statue tbh

Honestly, if I were UT I would just leave it painted for a month or so. Given how poo poo is going down right now, I doubt it's gonna go without getting tagged again very very soon. And really, since you can still read the carved text just fine, having both messages displayed isn't harming anything.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Is anyone else getting tired of the "will Texas flip?????" news stories/posts/tweets?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Yeah. Unless one of them says something new, which they don't. So yes.

Also, buried in USPOL, but the Islamic community center/mosque was shot up last night here in BCS.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

Is anyone else getting tired of the "will Texas flip?????" news stories/posts/tweets?

It's true and going to happen this very year.

https://twitter.com/DanPatrick/status/751132856437469184

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

ReidRansom posted:

Also, buried in USPOL, but the Islamic community center/mosque was shot up last night here in BCS.

Huh, I lived in BCS for 8 years and knew about the dirty sock but not that we had an Islamic center

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

It's true and going to happen this very year.

https://twitter.com/DanPatrick/status/751132856437469184

Will he have enough time to push through all the odious garbage he wants in a single session?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

Will he have enough time to push through all the odious garbage he wants in a single session?

No more TRAP laws opened up a lot of space.

ReidRansom posted:

Where at

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

No more TRAP laws opened up a lot of space.

Where at

What makes you think they aren't going to introduce them anyway

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

What makes you think they aren't going to introduce them anyway

They may, I hope they don't, but you're right we're going to have to see how chastened state legislatures feel about the HB2 ruling. Things being obviously unconstitutional tend to have a chilling effect on related legislation, though.

My feeling is that their abortion facing legislation next year is going to go after fetal tissue regulation.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

BiohazrD posted:

Huh, I lived in BCS for 8 years and knew about the dirty sock but not that we had an Islamic center

zoux posted:

Where at

Just behind Northgate, right near campus.

I think it's the only mosque around despite a fairly large muslim population for a town this size.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/...1f66f94c08.html

Looks like nobody was there, so no one was hurt. Glad for that, anyway.

Eedjits.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

They can cremate the fetuses only after we harvest those sweet sweet stem cells.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lemniscate Blue posted:

http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/...1f66f94c08.html

Looks like nobody was there, so no one was hurt. Glad for that, anyway.

Eedjits.

I've never seen that thing in my life, but I am from Bryan rather than the cosmopolitan College Station.

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

Just behind Northgate, right near campus.

I think it's the only mosque around despite a fairly large muslim population for a town this size.

I was going to guess near the Ho Chi Minh Trail (is that even still around?) and I see that I was right.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I'm always tickled by how goddamn many BCS goons there are.

This is a topic that makes me happier than the shootup, which makes me even angrier than I expected.

Edit: The FBI is on this? Good.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jul 7, 2016

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I come by it honest as I was forced to live there by being a minor and I didn't do through becoming an Aggie

Oh good, it's summer time.

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jul 7, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm always tickled by how goddamn many BCS goons there are.

One is too many of you lot.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
100°? Does that display just cap out there or something? The heat index has been reaching up to 109° these past few days.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

A lovely Reporter posted:

100°? Does that display just cap out there or something? The heat index has been reaching up to 109° these past few days.

Austin is just lucky?

And I'm walking all day in this poo poo. :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

MariusLecter posted:

One is too many of you lot.

I keep trying to get out and they keep pulling me back in. :negative: