Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/mcpli/status/1772997263553393010

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

foreign people love cowboy poo poo

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

After centuries of them proving we shouldn't give credibility to their tastes, we should care now because....?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That was annoying, this is akin to a declaration of war

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Don't worry, Austin will still suck even after the Brits go poo poo up Fort Worth.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

That was annoying, this is akin to a declaration of war

oh no what if ft worth steals sxsw

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They are British, so it will be SUWoS, south upon south west of south.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

upon Trinity

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

White Colony

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Yea that was the newspaper from the UK, we already knew that.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I guess the Times really likes Six Flags for some reason.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oi, i right think it should be seven flags! god bless the king

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

zoux posted:

[url]https://twitter.com/mcpli/status/1772997263553393010[url]

wtf

Wait, did my little brother start writing for the Times of London?

(Alternate punchline: The Londoners were just overwhelmed with joy when they went to the stockyards and it smelled like the streets of their home.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jaspscherer/status/1773337092908597713

I hate everything

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Fort Worth is good.

Houston, San Antonio, Fort Worth is the order for the state.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Sab0921 posted:

Fort Worth is good.

Houston, San Antonio, Fort Worth is the order for the state.

There's nothing good in this state anymore. Nothing, nobody, nowhere.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think houston is still nice

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Fort Worth, in a vacuum, is fine. But you can't get Fort Worth without Northeast Tarrant County, which is the hub of the state's ultra-conservative movement. (The whole True Texas Project was originally the Northeast Tarrant County Tea Party. The gun nuts who pushed Constitutional Carry and helped kill the Red Flag laws in this state were originally based in NE Tarrant County.)

So yeah, if you could somehow get into and out of Fort Worth while completely blocking out everything outside the city limits, you're gold.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Should we start calling them Fort Worth suburbs instead of Dallas suburbs?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Ft Worth is a Dallas suburb. I will not be taking questions at this time.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

IT BURNS posted:

There's nothing good in this state anymore. Nothing, nobody, nowhere.

You ever been to Christy’s Donuts on Montrose and West Grey?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Also to think you'd say there is nothing good in this state during crawfish season.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Gripweed posted:

those cinnamon crumb donuts were responsible for like 50% of my car's weight

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dameius posted:

Ft Worth is a Dallas suburb. I will not be taking questions at this time.

Excuse me it's dFW it is not only in the acronym it gets the most letters

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Wow Governor Paxton!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Wow Governor Paxton!

Don't you put that voodoo on me

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Excuse me it's dFW it is not only in the acronym it gets the most letters

Take it up with Dallas who refuses to acknowledge Ft Worth except when they want to pretend they're a real and good and important metro and suddenly it is DFW.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Wow Governor Paxton!

lol looks like i'm doorknocking for dan patrick in a couple years

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1773358061215760818

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

2026 tx gubernatorial gop primary discourse: if they nominate paxton, he's got a better chance of losing in the fall to HUD secretary casar!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paxton will be running for US Senate in 26

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

getting beaned in the head by exactly 3.4floz bottles of liquid

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
All flights to Cancun must now have their own private terminal.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Dameius posted:

Also to think you'd say there is nothing good in this state during crawfish season.

Those things might be nice under normal circumstances, but this is a reminder that we currently live in not-normal-circumstances Texas (and will so for the foreseeable future), and thus there is nothing, nobody, or nowhere that can currently be seen as "good."

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

IT BURNS posted:

Those things might be nice under normal circumstances, but this is a reminder that we currently live in not-normal-circumstances Texas (and will so for the foreseeable future), and thus there is nothing, nobody, or nowhere that can currently be seen as "good."

:hmmyes:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the autonomous region of texas' first senatorgovernor ken paxton

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

One lady who writes for Houston Landing has been dogging the lady in charge of Houston libraries for the better part of a year now. On Tuesday she puts out an article about how the old Montrose library was slated to be replaced two years ago, and now it’s just flat out falling apart and is frequently closed because something in the building broke. Yesterday the library announces they’re shutting down the Montrose location immediately. Totally out of nowhere, the staff working there found out it’s closing and they’re being reassigned to a nearby location. Today the mayor announced he fired the lady in charge of libraries.

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 29, 2024

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

posting is praxis

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

libraries ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Gripweed posted:

One lady who writes for Houston Landing has been dogging the lady in charge of Houston libraries for the better part of a year now. On Tuesday she puts out an article about how the old Montrose library was slated to be replaced two years ago, and now it’s just flat out falling apart and is frequently closed because something in the building broke. Yesterday the library announces they’re shutting down the Montrose location immediately. Totally out of nowhere, the staff working there found out it’s closing and they’re being reassigned to a nearby location. Today the mayor announced he fired the lady in charge of libraries.

I worked at HPL about 4 years ago, and this was being vaguely discussed. That said- the lady in charge of libraries, Rhea Lawson, sucked incredibly badly and mostly promoted total suck ups. She seems to actively dislike the unhoused population and the services we provided them, and often got in the way of improvements to outdated programs. She also knew how to get that money better than some people and she played the game well enough under Turner.