Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Texas will remain Republican for another decade at least. It is certainly not going to be a battleground state in the next several presidential elections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I saw that dude get hit by the bus during the stupid sword fight in the middle of guadalupe

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o8oJDVfvTM

he was somehow ok

my favorite thing about this video is the shirtless fratboys

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I was at the bus stop to the left hating everyone and hoping the bus would come to take me back to my apartment so i could drink because I had just bombed a final and had to watch all these stupid happy people. I think me negative energy is partly to blame for what happened.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I'm from and have lived in Texas my entire life. I've lived in Houston, San Antonio, and Austin. Yet I've somehow managed to only spend a total of 2 days in Dallas and know basically nothing about it other than what people tell me. My impression while there was that it's just a wealthier Houston. How is it different from Houston besides that?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yeah, central Austin is expensive for Texas but relative to the rest of the country's trendy cities its drastically cheaper. Still, the increase is pretty absurd. My very lovely little college apartment which was $700 rent in 2009 is now $1200.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Too close to the ~bad part of town~

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

They're making a Vikings but for Texas. Good poo poo.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The only Battleground Texas worth paying attention to.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

I dunno, for me it's the pretty boy playing loving Lamar of all people.

as

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yeah I'm not sure whitman is a good example for open carry being bad. Didn't he end up pinned down by dozens of civilians shooting at him?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zoux posted:

From Our Brave Governor's twitter feed.

is this a declaration of independence? when does the military they start bombing us?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Hey at least we aren't Oklahoma, which has eliminated the US History AP course because it emphasizes "what is bad about America."

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jordan is an entrepreneur at the front lines of image and reputation management. Jordan is the CEO and co-founder of StatusLabs, the reputation management firm that helps people look their best in Google. He has consulted Fortune 500 CEOs, governors, presidential candidates, and celebrities facing reputational damage. Prior to founding StatusLabs Jordan was an attorney-adviser to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission where he helped uncover and prosecute energy market manipulators and enforced grid reliability. Prior to his work at FERC, Jordan worked in intellectual property law at an international law firm and worked in the aerospace engineering field on the NASA-funded Mars Gravity Biosatellite at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Jordan has a B.S.E. in Biomedical Engineering from Vanderbilt University and earned his J.D. at Washington University in St. Louis. He is licensed to practice law in New York and Massachusetts.

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 22, 2015

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Randandal posted:

As much as I hate the current legislature anything that pisses off people from Austin is probably a good law

get hosed

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Toph Bei Fong posted:

If you'd told me that this was a guy doing a parody cosplay, I would believe it.

Good thing he'll be prepared to indiscriminately spray into crowds and populated buildings once civilization falls and the zombie wars start!! Who else will stand and defend are freedoms?

lmao

whats his criminal record for, indecent exposure?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Hays County is issuing gay marriage licenses, so chalk another one up for blue (it's grey on the map). Also the wedding industry is big up here in the Hill Country so this will probably be a bit of a boom.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Paxton issued a formal AG opinion saying clerks can refuse to honor SSM on the basis of their sincerely held religious beliefs. This is going to be nasty.

also lol:

quote:

Paxton noted that clerks who refuse to issue licenses can expect to be sued, but added that “numerous lawyers stand ready to assist clerks defending their religious beliefs,” in many cases without charge.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Rick Perry's fall from eternal leader of Texas and presidential front runner to not even making the Republican debates is so incredibly satisfying. Goodbye forever Rick you fucker.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

she retweeted kylejack :eyepop:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ComposerGuy posted:

Every major city in Texas with the exception of Ft. Worth is majority blue and voted that way in the last two national elections. Dallas has a fantastic gay community, and Houston just saw the end of term of their gay mayor (who served the maximum amount of terms possible) who is being succeeded by a black man.

The narrative that Austin is some lone liberal bastion in a sea of red is laughably overblown. It's just that they're VERY concerned that you know they're liberal, and the other cities don't care.

I really only hear the "blue in a sea of red" thing from non-Texans who moved here from out of state to justify moving to Texas/why Austin is ok despite Texas Bad.

Personally I grew up in Houston and have lived in San Antonio and Austin, and while I prefer Austin I like them all for what they are.

Sheng-Ji Yang fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 20, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Proud Christian Mom posted:

There's plenty of people in Texas who will never vote for Hillary, but might be tilted enough to vote for Johnson. Enough to make Trump's showing in Texas to look really, really bad.

My dads voted Republican in every election since 76, he ran for state rep as a republican in the 80s in Houston (and lost bigly), he went to the 92 RNC in the astrodome, hes voting for johnson.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

dale would have become a full on alt right nazi like all the other crazy libertarians have in the last two years

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

VitalSigns posted:

Ah there it is

https://twitter.com/SemaForTexas/status/864327923695800321

Shame too because I scroll through her twitter and it's :hellyeah: after :hellyeah: and then whooaahh :wtc: :negative:

that owns though

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Jiro posted:

While hilarious, we've also seen a massive influx of different people of color and its fantastic. If only because it makes the old abuelitas scared along with expanding the food presence down here. But the Valley still has the best Tex-Mex in all of Texas. :colbert: Born and raised in McAllen, entire family is from here, extended included.

the idea that fox is trying to scare white people by telling them hispanic people live in... the valley

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

I went to Austin for the afternoon and there were some weirdos with a bullhorn and some signs spouting Alex Jones propaganda on one of the overpass walkway things lmao.

retro alex jones

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol all the libs who fell for this idiot

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

a connecticut yankee in king ranch duds

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

2 If the candidates for President next time were
Democrat Bernie Sanders and Republican
Donald Trump, who would you vote for?
Bernie Sanders 51% ...............................................
Donald Trump 41% .................................................
Not sure 8%

suck a dick beto

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

skipdogg posted:

When did San Antonio become the border?

trump confused it with el paso and now the entire right has to pretend its actually the border

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gotta get matching "i wasnt born in texas but i got here as fast as i could!" and "dont california my texas" bumper stickers

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zoux posted:

Aggies aren't taking Abbott's SotS proposal to bring back the UT/A&M game
https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3019182

hahaha

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

:negative:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

zoux posted:

I don't think the electorate is as irony poisoned as this guy supposes
TX 20 sure ain't

He's trying to primary Joaquin Castro lmao
https://twitter.com/JustinTX_20/status/1206426103042232320

This dude has to be a cspam poster

drat i need to drive down and volunteer for this guy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/HeidiSloanForTX/status/1208477383864532993

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sab0921 posted:

So this is a thing - pretty loving shocking, and it is late and I dont care to see if the crosstabs are posted but if a good poll, holy poo poo

https://twitter.com/evanasmith/status/1228197466010292224?s=19

bernie will win TX because he has an absolute monopoly on the hispanic vote, it looks like