Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Ordered two as well. I might keep one or give both away as Christmas presents. For the price these will make awesome gifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I wonder how many orders Amazon has got for their Fire stick. I know they're stingy when it comes to sales figures, but it would be neat to know what percentage of Prime users bought one.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

So I noticed on their spec chart, it doesn't have HBO Go support. I'm new to the whole Amazon tv thing. Is there any chance of this being added in later?

I imagine it will be, especially with Amazon Prime having so much HBO content; regardless, isn't HBO trying to set up their own streaming service next year that doesn't require a cable subscription? I would think that if they do, it would be on Fire TV.

Edit: This is just an uninformed opinion from a guy that hasn't had HBO in 9 years and just started watching Deadwood on Prime. It is unimaginable that HBO wouldn't be a part of Fire TV.

Mental Hospitality fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Oct 29, 2014

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Mine are still scheduled for a Dec 1st delivery. It will be nice to have easy prime video streaming.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I opened my Fire TV stick today and I just can't get the thing to work. It immediately wants to download an update, gets anywhere between 0 and 50% of it downloaded, then fails. Does this thing just have really terrible wifi or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

A friend of mine is having problems with her new firestick. All services work fine, but the audio with Netflix is either nonexistent or sped up to "chipmunk" speed (her words, not mine). Anyone ever heard of this? Its plugged directly into a modern TV, is using the supplied power adapter, and has been unplugged and reset a couple times.

• Locked thread