Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Got my FireTV today (launch day in Germany, yay!) and immediately started sideloading some apps (Watchever and Netflix, the former being a german VOD service).

The transfer went smoothly, but when I launch either app, it is zoomed in and cropped on my HD TV.
It also appears that the menu navigation within those apps is not working properly with the FireTV remote (couldn't tell for sure, since the output is zoomed and cropped.

Is there an easy fix or are the apks just not working correctly on the FireTV?
I downloaded the latest versions from Google Play via Raccoon (and a throwaway account).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Thermopyle posted:

Anyone using Google Play Music on the Fire TV (specifically the stick but I guess it's the same for the box)?
It looks like my options are allcast or rooting and installing the play music app.
Any better options?

Doesn't Play Music support casting to the Fire TV from your mobile phone?
I think I have seen the FTV in the list of available devices the last time I checked.
That would be pretty handy and do the trick, right?

• Locked thread