Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I guess Season 4 premiers on the 22nd, but the first episode is fully available on iTunes and Amazon for free. I just watched it and it's pretty terrible and I don't remember enough about the first seasons to make an effort post and I don't have archives so maybe someone else can copy/paste it here. But hey, everybody loved to hate watch it (including me).

Discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Falling skies is pretty terrible but I guess thats the charm. Grand resistance strategy that the entire show has been building to is to float a raft of cargo containers with a big gun on it across a lake to blow up the aliens tower. This all goes perfectly according to plan and is pulled off.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Also I like the part where the main character beats Pope to an inch of his life over mostly trivial bullshit, reasonable choices that were made or stuff that can be explained if the main character were to stop punching him in the face for a few seconds.

Pope is like 90% of the reason anyone watches the show IMO.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I stopped hate watching it and just watched it because I kinda liked it and it just became part of my summer TV thing. It's not great by any means but by no means as lovely as people make it out to be. Okay, perhaps people still make dumb decisions from time to time.

I really can't tell you what happened last season though. Ummm, they blew up a thing? The baby is like super smart or something and they all left the Mall to go fight more aliens because the good guys just hate sitting around in one place?

There was a coup as well? Maybe? All the Space French died? Something?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Sober posted:

Okay, perhaps people still make dumb decisions from all the time.

ftfy.

Sober posted:

I really can't tell you what happened last season though. Ummm, they blew up a thing? The baby is like super smart or something and they all left the Mall to go fight more aliens because the good guys just hate sitting around in one place?

There was a coup as well? Maybe? All the Space French died? Something?

Yeah I vaguely remember some. Space French took over and told the humans to go chill in some camps, they got this. The baby is a super being and maybe an alien or something and it ran away but they got it back after shooting the Space British mind controlled lady. Then I don't know what happened. They decided they wanted to keep fighting and the Space French finally let them go fight stuff I think. Its all a blur.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I'm a little fuzzy on the ending too. The new aliens were being dicks but maybe changed their minds? It looked like they basically won so I guess the new aliens will be the bad guys now.

And yes this show is terrible but fun to watch and rip apart.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

And apparently there's going to be a tie-in game which will probably be terrible too

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Anticheese posted:

And apparently there's going to be a tie-in game which will probably be terrible too

I tried to give this show a shot back when it first started, but it was really bad. Has it managed to rise above it's Hallmark Channel sentimentality?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i binged it recently for the new season and it's it's not so terrible. I prefer it to Defiance. Gotta say though this new episode was just weird.

Weaver and Pope are the best. Also Ryan Robins adds class to any sci fi show.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

They fooled me three times before, they won't get me a fourth time!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I need closure.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

I need closure.

A third group of aliens shows up, they also want to put humans in a human reservation, someone makes a terrible decision, no one of consequence dies, the guy from ER gets all pissy about something, wanders off, and then doesn't die like you kinda want him to.

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.
So we've gone from Mad Men and Fargo to Defiance and Falling Skies. My god, it really is summer.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

moleman posted:

So we've gone from Mad Men and Fargo to Defiance and Falling Skies. My god, it really is summer.

I watched the season premiere on TNT.com, and God help me, I think they're going to suck me in with The Last Ship as well. Two summer TNT dramas? What the hell am I getting myself into.

Boom

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
holy poo poo this show made it to season 4 :psyduck: I stopped watching it after a few episodes because I was getting bad Jericho vibes. maybe I should give it a second look.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do it, you won't regret it. Or you will...

It's alientastic

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

holy poo poo this show made it to season 4 :psyduck: I stopped watching it after a few episodes because I was getting bad Jericho vibes. maybe I should give it a second look.

It's brainless summer sci-fi. Not earth shattering, but there's not much else on, so it's good for that. It's no Jericho though.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
This is the thread season 4 of Falling Skies deserves, tbh.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I'd trade all the falling skies for one more season of Southland. Screw you TNT.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Tomahawk posted:

This is the thread season 4 of Falling Skies deserves, tbh.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

This show is great and a pro watch hth any goons on the fence

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

What happened to the kid who got harnessed but they took it off but then he had super powers. Did the humans ever accept him back into their society?

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

nooneofconsequence posted:

What happened to the kid who got harnessed but they took it off but then he had super powers. Did the humans ever accept him back into their society?

I hope not because then it would make them accepting the gang rapist back into the group just because he was a good cook even funnier.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

He's currently being wooed into the perfect society his supersized sister seems to have created. And he saw his brother's girlfriend naked in the shower. So there's that.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

He's currently being wooed into the perfect society his supersized sister seems to have created. And he saw his brother's girlfriend naked in the shower. So there's that.
I don't remember any of this.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Sober posted:

I don't remember any of this.

Did you watch the first episode of season 4 yet?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Oh, no.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm officially only watching this for Pope and Maggie now.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

i'm officially only watching this for Pope and Maggie now.
The only two good characters?

I actually liked Ben's sorta harnessed girlfriend that they introduced at the beginning of S3, but then they decided to depower her or something and write her off, which was kinda dumb.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i thought she didn't go through with it.

RoboHoboCop
Dec 9, 2011
Just watched the first episode and it really does set the bar higher for how terrible this show can be.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Maggie is pretty terrible isn't she? She's the one that just kinda stares into your soul or am I thinking of the wrong person?

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
The sad thing is that this show isn't even the good kind of bad that remains watchable. It's actually a bit of an insult.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This show is a weird collection of abandoned and dropped plotlines.

First there was harnessed kids but then there was a machine and it went away and nothing ever came of it.

Then the evil aliens were gonna put humans in a reservation, except they forgot I guess.

Then there was the real president and there was gonna be tension between this little settlement and the rest of the surviving government, except he exploded and the people living elsewhere ummm. Well they uhhh. Moving right along.

Then the new friendly aliens were gonna put humans in a reservation again, except they changed their mind.

I am looking forward to see how the Alien Jesus Baby plot is dropped.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

You forgot "there were good guy Skitters, but then went away for some reason."

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
At least the Space French were just going to temporarily relocate the humans to Earth Brazil, which is really not the worst place to chill while two alien races duke it out. I was shocked nobody suggested the compromise of safely getting anyone who wanted out of the combat zone there and letting those who wanted to be a part of the fight stay. That might be what they eventually agreed on, but like most others in this thread, I remember so little of last season.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Pretty good first episode, but then again S3 started off good and they poo poo all over that to be the worst season of all loving time, except for AHS 3. It is a new writing staff, so bring it on TNT.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I don't really agree that they dropped plotlines. I think people weren't paying attention.

-The 'Space French' showed up to take down the bad invading aliens. They assisted the human resistance in Charleston while they built their weapon to take out the bad guys' shield over the planet.

-Bad aliens blew up most of that weapon before it could be used, so they had to put the remains on a boat to take it straight to the enemy's HQ.

-The 'Space French' revealed to the humans that the bad aliens were powering on a device that would not only prevent the good aliens from helping, but would also transform the planet and kill human life within 6 months or so. They used the alien cannon thing to take out the central tower and stop the device in the finale.

-The Resistance got pissed because the Space French wanted them out of the way while they wiped out the bad guys, and the Professor wasn't having any of that.

-Eventually the Space French reluctantly allowed the humans to fight against the bad aliens but for whatever reason are acting like they won't help them (which makes no sense).

-The former girlfriend of one of the brothers turned enemy leader died pretty anti-climatically at the end of the last season.

The one stupid plotline was everything involving the US President somehow being alive and then dying 5 minutes later.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
AHahahhaha, a loving time skip? How has this show gotten even worse?

Ahahahaha, Lexi being alien buddha cult leader actually made me break out into laughter.

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
super alien clone teenage leader bean jesus babe

• Locked thread