Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

We're riding this poo poo train straight to hell. All aboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

moleman posted:

We're riding this poo poo train straight to hell. All aboard.

gently caress it, I'm in.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
At least we can all be assured we will get a terrible and pointless conclusion to this mess. Unless of course they decide to leave it open ended, that would be pretty funny too.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

AxeManiac posted:

At least we can all be assured we will get a terrible and pointless conclusion to this mess. Unless of course they decide to leave it open ended, that would be pretty funny too.

Last episode features a showdown between the Volm and the human race and the Espheni. Platinum Blonde Jesusgirl opens up a portal to an alternate dimension, and out spills 1,000,000 George Washington and Thomas Jefferson cyborgs while this song plays.

END CREDITS.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

5 seasons and a movie?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Librarian crossover now an inevitability.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
gently caress it, all in. This has been summer TV for me for the last few years. Now I'm scared of a post-Falling Skies summer world.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Hell. give this show ten more seasons. I want to watch its rapid decent into pure poo poo, cackling like a madman all the way.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
We still need the Lourdes interracial lesbian kiss. Come on TNT. We had the opportunity with Karen and Lourdes on how she got those bugs in her. We can still make Jesus freak making out with alien Jesus.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIzxpujTq8I

Any predictions on what crazy (read: stupid) things we'll see tonight?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm hoping this season is revealed to be the dream of an autistic child who wakes up and continues out the rest of the episodes as a touching family drama about dealing with special needs children.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIzxpujTq8I

Female Pope and Maggie will fight over Pope.

Mom and Lexi will share a heartfelt tear over the last bag of Skittles on the planet and make a Skittles/Skitters word pun.

Cochise will cocoon until season 6.

Marmadouche
Jan 15, 2006

"How does one say 'down in front' in Woof?"
Wait, why don't they put those insulation materials over their engines anymore? Lourdes' ex-boyfriend figured that out ages ago. Since he died by those mini-Skitters, did they just give up on that?

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Kid how is your brother's girlfriend supposed to seduce you if you keep freaking out

seymore
Jan 9, 2012

It is seemingly very hard, if not impossible for current sci fi series to stay original, and not become all balled up in goofy subplots and assorted BS. I am surprised that this show got the green light for yet another season. But what do I know.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Boris Galerkin posted:

Missed the prediction but noticed they put a bag over that one alien prisoner's head so they could save some FX budget.

Waverider
Oct 26, 2001

Let's take out a mech to tap into the enemy's live command and control network while somehow not alerting said network to that event. Is it too much to ask for an advanced space faring civilization to have it's war machines first report back when they've made contact with the enemy and are firing weapons at them?

This show has reached new levels of stupid, but they've still got me wanting to know where it all goes.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
That was surprisingly really good. It's times like this I'm reminded why I've stuck through this.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Every single time I'm about to give up on this show, it becomes just interesting enough to give it one more chance. That and it's summer and there's gently caress all else to watch except for Halt and Catch Fire and Bar Rescue reruns.
There's nothing like being in an abusive relationship with a TV show.

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jul 21, 2014

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The Chief has really gone downhill since they dropped him off in Scotland.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Haha of course, why wouldn't the alien neural links also work like a goddamn voodoo doll.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
"The alien is also my father."

Yay, more daddy issues.

e: Last night was pretty disappointing for TV for me. This was bad. The Last poo poo was bad. The Leftovers was bad.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I was hoping the alien baby thing would be brief but it looks like they really want to focus on it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Really really hating the female Pope clone.

It seems like her only purpose is to serve as someone Pope might eventually care for to give him 'something to fight for.'

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Gonz posted:

Last episode features a showdown between the Volm and the human race and the Espheni. Platinum Blonde Jesusgirl opens up a portal to an alternate dimension, and out spills 1,000,000 George Washington and Thomas Jefferson cyborgs while this song plays.

END CREDITS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpmMzfphZNE

DO IT TNT

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

WHAT THE gently caress

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

That just might be the greatest thing I have ever seen.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Saros posted:

That just might be the greatest thing I have ever seen.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I love this show, it iss full of dumb "What are they doing? And why does it actually work? Why are the aliens so incompetent?" moments. I cannot stop watching. Kinda like Helix.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I need 6 CCs :downs:

Waverider
Oct 26, 2001

Besides the nuclear physicist being an expert in psychology and all manner of SCIENCE, this was probably one of the best episodes ever. The bar has been set reeeeaaaaly low though.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
This show is the best worst show and I can't stop watching it. It's like eating mexican, only afterwards when yourshitting napalm do you wonder "why did I do that". But guarenteed that a week later you wont think twice about going for another round. So yes, Pope wearing tinfoil as a faraday cage to artillery cannons on a bunch of floating crates as the ultimate tactic to blow up an alien fortress and jedi powers. Bring it, my brain screams no but my heart yells yes.

Batham fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 28, 2014

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Holy poo poo that was a boring episode. Is there anyone watching that doesn't want them to just kill her already?

Lots of weird secrets in this one. Weaver hiding the burn on his hand for no reason. And the aliens not bothering to warn anyone till it's too late.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Why are we so concerned about Lexie again? I can't even remember, was Anne captured while pregnant and again after Lexie was born? I can't keep up with this poo poo anymore. Now I know how these people feel asking who Bron is after four seasons in the GoT thread. I feel like the show is treating this like it's been some long build up about to climax and but they just arrived.

Also, how can spike back boy, you know, function? I can't imagine laying down with that poo poo sticking out of your back. At some point him or one of the other spike kids got thrown against a wall or something and I was sure they were dead, but nope, didn't effect them at all. Also didn't he have like super powers at some point? Where did his super powers go?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Waverider posted:

Besides the nuclear physicist being an expert in psychology and all manner of SCIENCE, this was probably one of the best episodes ever. The bar has been set reeeeaaaaly low though.

No, you're messing up the process, this isn't easy, you better go Tom. ::Sticks a needle in her, asks her a single question::

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Getting really tired of the mom's exaggerated efforts to put herself in danger to help her daughter, but I had to laugh at everyone halfheartedly telling her not to OD on memory drug, without really trying to stop her.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I also like how he was like "Tom, your wife could die, so uhh, see ya around" so Tom could go over to the next scene.

Also bi-polar-pope is killing me. One episode he is trying to redeem himself, the next his is literally trying to round a mob to murder someone. The man really is a chaotic poo poo stirrer.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
"I got some dilaudid here if anyone is interested. No? More for me then."

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
It wasn't fair weather Maggie.
It wasn't Tom and Wilson staring slack-jawed at Anne when she injected herself with more drugs.
It wasn't Lourdes.

It was the mech.

Anne is reading to her child. At night. Presumably before the apocalypse. How the gently caress does a mech just stroll into her neighborhood and blow her child away. No police, no air raid siren, no cell phone broadcast. Nothing.

From suburban 9 to 5s to alien apocalypse in a second. No warning.

How.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
No it's after the apocalypse. She's got a lantern and bottled water. They're hiding out after the alien invasion so obviously they sit by the window with a Coleman reading Peter Pan.

• Locked thread