Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My goal is 4th worst or better this year. I'm not even thinking about playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

old dog child posted:

My goal is 4th worst or better this year. I'm not even thinking about playoffs.

Stop copying my goals.

You can shoot for 5th worst or better.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

Stop copying my goals.

You can shoot for 5th worst or better.

Are you calling me a nerd?? I don't overachieve for anybody!

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
We've got a second newbie joining us this season -- Von Metternich is joining Tier B.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Don't come up to Tier A, VonMatterhorn. It's dark and scary and they touch peepees there.

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?
Don't worry I intend to stay mired in the warm, dark mud of Tier B for many seasons.

Also hi everyone!

How are we paying our dues and such? Paypal?

von Metternich fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 20, 2014

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Yeah if you could please Paypal me $20 (user name @gmail.com)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

von Metternich posted:

Don't worry I intend to stay mired in the warm, dark mud of Tier B for many seasons.

Also hi everyone!

How are we paying our dues and such? Paypal?

Make sure you ask for the gift bag

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm stupid and can't remember... Did I pay you yet Zypher?

Edit: Thanks, but you'll have to wait till next year to take more money from me :)

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 21, 2014

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Yes, but I'll gladly take your money again :)

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Tier A -- draft is quickly approaching. We'll be doing it on Clickydraft, so I'll send out invites tomorrow.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to jump on the waiting list if possible, looks like it's short enough there won't be a tier C.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Added you to the list! I've half-joked about a Tier C a couple of times, but now I know we probably couldn't add one without enlisting the help of someone else as co-commissioner.

--

:siren: Everyone in Tier A should have received a PM or e-mail with a link to sign up for the draft board. If you didn't get one, lemme know

Draft's this Tuesday at 7:00 PM PST / 10:00 PM EST

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Signed up. Anxiously awaiting the most hilarious draft in history.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
It's going to be an utter comedy

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
I signed up for the clicky draft website but I don't even know why I bothered.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Twelve hours to go. Let the hype machine begin.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

This is the year I go Goku.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Man, I've been doing some mock drafts and it's...discouraging.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
1)

2) My availability tonight is questionable at best, so I've enlisted old dog child's help to run the draft

3) dewey7788 still needs to claim a team in Clickydraft. Do that.

4) There's a two minute timer. If we have to autodraft for you, you'll be assigned the highest available player according to the Fantasypros rankings (they're the ones built into Clickydraft) by either myself or old dog child.

5)

When it's your turn to pick, you can click the blue draft button to make a selection. You can click the blue draft button again to make that dialogue go away.

The view mode button will take you from the draft board to a list of player rankings, and back again

Careful with your trigger fingers. The plus button on the left will draft a player if it's your turn. The star button is how to add to favorites list.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mikey Purp posted:

Man, I've been doing some mock drafts and it's...discouraging.

I feel ya. I mentioned earlier with Old Dog Child how I would be pleased just to not get relegated this season.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

I feel ya. I mentioned earlier with Old Dog Child how I would be pleased just to not get relegated this season.

Yea but I finished 4th last season, so I should in theory have some sort of advantage? v:confused:v

I guess this just shows that winning is as much about the waiver wire as it is your draft.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

I really hope my wife picks up that shift on Aug 31 - otherwise I might end up missing the Tier B draft on Sunday.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Boywunda posted:

I really hope my wife picks up that shift on Aug 31 - otherwise I might end up missing the Tier B draft on Sunday.

I'm going to be drafting from my phone, and also sloppy drunk, due to the 31st being a big party for a friend's birthday. Good luck everyone! :)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Zypher posted:

1)

2) My availability tonight is questionable at best, so I've enlisted old dog child's help to run the draft

3) dewey7788 still needs to claim a team in Clickydraft. Do that.

4) There's a two minute timer. If we have to autodraft for you, you'll be assigned the highest available player according to the Fantasypros rankings (they're the ones built into Clickydraft) by either myself or old dog child.

I'm ready to make this draft more fun and exciting. Someone will get Clowney in the first.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
In the car, start w/o me!

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
It's 9:53 EST right now, at 10:00 I'll make my pick. I don't see a countdown on ClickyDraft so I'm presuming the draft will start when i make my first pick.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

QB: Andy Dalton (12, K)
RB: Zac Stacy (1), Rashad Jennings (3), Steven Jackson (9), Ahmad Bradshaw (15)
WR: Cordarrelle Patterson, Torrey Smith (6, K), Cecil Shorts (8), Jordan Matthews (13), Cody Latimer (21)
TE: Julius Thomas (2), Greg Olsen (7, K), Tim Wright (18)
LB: Luke Kuechly (5), James Laurinaitis (10)
DL: DeMarcus Ware (11), Cameron Wake (14)
DB: Roman Harper (17), Richard Sherman (20)
K: Justin Tucker (19)

Dibs on 4th worst team!

e: this is your fate if you get promoted, Tier B goons...

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 27, 2014

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
WRs went a bit earlier than I predicted but there wasn't anything I could do about that.

QB: The Talented Peyton, Johnny Football as a flyer in the 18th
RB: All Day, Eddie Lacy, Woodhead, McFadden, Cunningham
WR: Demaryius Thomas, TY Hilton, Julian Edelman, Brian Hartline --- By far my weakest position
TE: Ertz
LB: Derrick Johnson, Bobby Wagner, Perry Riely
DB: Antrel Rolle, Troy Polamalu, Johnthan Banks --Not great, not bad... DBs are weird creatures, sometimes the better they are the less points they get
DL: J.J. Watt, Adrian Clayborn
K: Steven Hauschka

So, team analysis. Top 3 QB. RB: 2x top 10 is very likely but then my flex falls off a cliff and if someone gets hurt I'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel. 1 solid WR and some replacement level guys, just hope for the best there. TE - We will see. LB: I think it's very solid. DB: I don't even try to guess, waivers are there and I'll likely use them at some point. But I drafted the best hair in football so there's always that. DL: Very solid, no concerns. K: Great but who cares?

My core is solid and can go up against pretty much any team but my depth is a puddle. Guess we will see how it turns out.
Congrads to whoever plays me in week 4.

Anubis fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 27, 2014

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Draft results are in. Let me know if I hosed anything up besides east coast sleep schedules.

Housekeeping: Brock Vereen isn't in the database yet, so I threw Tom Zbikowski on my roster as a placeholder for him.

Zypher fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Aug 27, 2014

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
A draft in which Monte Ball went first overall

https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/board/3482

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
a shameful draft

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
a team poo poo the bed in they own draft

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
of course I get to play darkspider twice this season

OF COURSE

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Welp, see ya in Tier B next year, little babies!

In reality I think I did OK despite panic-drafting Jay Cutler in the 8th loving round and having Dwayne Bowe added to my team as an auto-pick.

I am relying on Julio and Demarco being 100% through the season, Jordan Cameron living up to last year's numbers with Hoyer and keeping that production under Maziel, and the mystical magic of Marc Trestman.

Let me tell you a story about drafting two teams simultaneously while being a little drunk.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
That Dwayne Bowe autopick was one of the highlights of the night, doe. Thanks for that, at least.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
FWIW, here's how FantasyPros ranks our teams:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

5th best for a team missing a DB and with a kicker out the first 4 weeks. Clicky Draft's Web interface sucks for mobile. Doesn't help I was trying to draft during dinner though. I just gave up about halfway through. No vacations during the last week of August anymore.

When is waivers over so I can pick up some FAs? I couldn't find it on the ESPN app.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Yeah, I'm not sure that I'd use Clickydraft again next year. We experienced a weird problem with their DB rankings towards the end of the draft.

I opted for Clickydraft over MFL because it's more visually appealing and seemed more mobile friendly at the time. To be fair though, I was able to make my first 3 picks and participate in the chat during my commute home so I'm not sure what happened on your end. Sorry. If ESPN doesn't fix their keeper system (they won't) I'll have to reexamine next year.

Not sorry for your last couple of picks, though. I was drinking and clicked a second DL instead of a DB. And I liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.
First overall w/o a kicker. Yesssss.

• Locked thread