Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Police Automaton posted:

video games have always been poo poo. There never was a single good videogame. That's why gamers are truly the most retarded of them all

elevator action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Zero We Trust
Jul 14, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

"we wanted to make a game your grandmother could play"

-- a literal quote from ben browder

who the hell is ben browder

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

King of Internet posted:

I really like Ubisoft, but seriously. The fact that they have the nerve to put in a setting actually called 'E3 RAIN' or whatever, is stupid. Then locking it from people who can actually run it is STUPID. But I can't blame them. Idiots will continue to buy mac-books and consoles and flat brimmed douchbag hats with stickers and say swag and dew the do and never know how much they are hurting progress of the medium of art known as videogames.

CONSOLES ARE RUINING MY PASSION.

I love the image of PC Master Race types storming of the movie theater fuming in indignation at the fact that The Artist wasn't shot in color or that Grand Budapest Hotel was shot in 4:3

how dare those chucklefucks not use every pixel and graphical effect :argh:

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I love the image of PC Master Race types storming of the movie theater fuming in indignation at the fact that The Artist wasn't shot in color or that Grand Budapest Hotel was shot in 4:3

how dare those chucklefucks not use every pixel and graphical effect :argh:

But the PC ecosystem also includes hex based games with graphics that look like they came straight out of 1990. Real time war simulators that resemble the graphics from wargames with a bunch of windows forms drop down menus and radio buttons added.

ianvincible
Jan 23, 2004

In Zero We Trust posted:

who the hell is ben browder

He was in that show Farscape. Then I guess he made games for grandmothers.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

ianvincible posted:

He was in that show Farscape. Then I guess he made games for grandmothers.

no that was Chris Metzen, duh

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
In my day you had to mow the neighbors lawn for 60 cents then walk 3 miles through the rain and sleet just to get 3 games of space invaders at the corner store.
gently caress you and your candy crush, son. Get off my lawn.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
modern video games own extremely hard actually op

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
i for one can't wait for the 500 billion dollar video entertainment game destiny

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

NihilismNow posted:

ART.

I wonder if these people also have internet slapfights on if sitcoms are art. I mean yeah technically they are but you never get people who get upset if you do not consider "The King of Queens" art.

how i met your mother is the literary achievement of our generation

Gobblecoque posted:

i for one can't wait for the 500 billion dollar video entertainment game destiny

how on earth did they spend 500 million dollars to make a personality devoid clone of borderlands? didn't gearbox literally make borderlands with money they had received to make a lovely licensed aliens vs predators game? how are you that incompetent that some random poo poo studio can make a game with what must have been a pitiable amount of money they literally swindled and lied to get and you can't make it with half a billion loving dollars?

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 20, 2014

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

icantfindaname posted:

how on earth did they spend 500 million dollars to make a personality devoid clone of borderlands? didn't gearbox literally make borderlands with money they had received to make a lovely licensed aliens vs predators game? how are you that incompetent that some random poo poo studio can make a game with what must have been a pitiable amount of money they literally swindled and lied to get and you can't make it with half a billion loving dollars?

They didn't. They budgeted $500 million over the course of the next decade for Destiny and all of its sequels and spinoffs, but gamers are dumb as poo poo with no attention spans so they read the headline on Polygon and then retreated to the forums foaming at the mouth

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Try Monster Hunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Try watching LP's.

• Locked thread