Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Air is lava! posted:

Sir! I don't know what came over me, Sir! I was completely beside myself, Sir!
As a personal chastisement, I cleared a huge part of the perimeter, Sir!

I'm a big fan of personal chastisement.

Excellent work, everyone, we've made it to the end. Wait, what the... what's that?

Let's see how deep this rabbit hole goes.

nine-gear crow posted:

So Blind Sally, in his insanity, has started LPing Minesweeper again.

Please, make him stop...

Orren: A dark wind blows...

Palpy: We appear to be safe, for now, and our treasure is still intact. But this does not appear to be the Secret Catacombs Of CanadaTM

Palpy: *sigh* A brilliant deduction.

Palpy: Good one, Sherlock. Again, brilliant deduction. But where exactly is "here?" What dimension are we in? Who exactly are these people? Why are they fighting in stupid looking robots?
Trooper: I'm not certain, sir.
Palpy: Hmm... I sense great anger in this one. Anger such as this I have not felt in a long time.
Trooper: Sir?
Palpy: Still, if you have the technology to build giant robots, why arm them with swords and hammers? Give me a good ol'turbolaser cannon any day.

Palpy: That was a close call--now, back to business.

Sally fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Aaaaand we're back. Well, that was certainly strange.
You could say that again, sir!
No. I could, but I will not. Instead, let us bask in the glory that is the Secret Catacombs Of CanadaTM

Uhhh--

Oh hey, will you look at that. The portal appears to have acted as some sort of shortcut. We are now on the fifth level of the Catacombs.
How deep do they go, sir?
Well, we got in here one way, we'll find a way out another. Where to, Troopers? Lead us onward.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Take the two piles of money, and then dig straight for the third, sir!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I didn't upgrade to windows 8 yet so I didn't know how obnoxious this game is.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I have played through like 10 levels of this game (god that was not as fun as I thought it would be) and I never once saw one of these...how do they trigger?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Sir! I say we invade a nice paradox LP, set ourselves up as France! Or maybe one of those nice ancient anglo-saxon or irish kingdoms!

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!
Maybe we're all over-thinking this and just need to dig straight ahead a block or three...

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Gorgo Primus posted:

Maybe we're all over-thinking this and just need to dig straight ahead a block or three...

gently caress that, if we do this let's do this. Dig ahead twenty blocks, don't stop 'til you hit the wall. :unsmigghh:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Dig for the corners, sir! It's the safe strategy!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Gorgo Primus posted:

Captain Bravo posted:

gently caress that, if we do this let's do this. Dig ahead twenty blocks, don't stop 'til you hit the wall. :unsmigghh:

Well, alright. Lead the way!

So far, so good.

Perhaps you should be more carefu--

Oh dear. Well, it's a good thing we had a shield. Trooper Captain Bravo is okay, but needs to stop wasting our precious resources.

JT Jag posted:

Dig for the corners, sir! It's the safe strategy!

Ah, but it seems we've lost Trooper JT Jag to that saw blade (and poor path-finding AI). We now seem to be boxed in by mines. I expect the way to be clear promptly, Troopers.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Your Lordship!
I don't know what's written on those scrolls (above and to the right of us) or what use they have, but the gold call to me!
I request permission to use our remaining explosive device to blow up the wall in such a way to allow us access to both groups of 4 scrollschests, sir!

radintorov fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 7, 2015

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Those things look like open gold chests to me.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Those things look like open gold chests to me.
Now that I'm no longer posting from my phone, they do indeed. :downs:
Still, the call for :20bux: is even stronger! So I edited the post. :shobon:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 7, 2015

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

radintorov posted:

Your Lordship!
I don't know what's written on those scrolls (above and to the right of us) or what use they have, but the gold call to me!
I request permission to use our remaining explosive device to blow up the wall in such a way to allow us access to both groups of 4 scrollschests, sir!

Sir, I very much agree with Trooper radintorov's plan.

...as well as general excavation in the sites as marked below, blue for clearing and red for marking as dangerous:

...please ignore the marked out red space on the far right, sir. My targeting programs don't allow for individual correction of a mark, only operating in a sequence, and I input the blue spaces after the red ones.

Oblivion4568238 fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 7, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Sir, I very much agree with Trooper radintorov's plan.

...as well as general excavation in the sites as marked below, blue for clearing and red for marking as dangerous:

...please ignore the marked out red space on the far right, sir. My targeting programs don't allow for individual correction of a mark, only operating in a sequence, and I input the blue spaces after the red ones.

Okay, sounds go--oh no! Did Trooper Oblivion4568238 just get killed by a giant spiked rolling pin due to poor path-finding?!

Uh, no, sir. Trooper Oblivion4568238 is right over there. They're a little scuffed up, but otherwise fine.
Then whose dead body is that?
Uh--

I don't know?
Then we've only lost Trooper JT Jag?
No, sir, same situation.
Then the body--

Who are these people?!
They appear to be some of the locals from that other dimension we crossed through.
Strange. I wonder what that could mean and if it will have any bearing at all on our quest to escape the Catacombs.

radintorov posted:

Your Lordship!

Yes, yes, let's do this. We could always use more treasure to fund my glorious war campaign.

Wow, that is a lot of treasure! Okay, Troopers, let's keep moving. I swear I'll be more careful with the terrible path-finding in the future.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
From the bottom right 1, move one right, one up, and two right to get the money!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Senerio posted:

From the bottom right 1, move one right, one up, and two right to get the money!

While we are slightly richer, we're not really making a lot of progress towards the exit.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What number is under us right now? Either way, Head back to the 2 above the exposed mine, head right, up, and right until I hit either the wall or a mine.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Question sir, before I return to charting our next large excavation: why the hell is there pathfinding in a Minesweeper game? Why the hell is there even a character on the field, surely a disembodied mouse cursor descending from above as in old days would be better?

I suppose a better question is, who do we blame for the above? And will we find them at the end of this ~Adventure~ mode?

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?
Sir, I wish to pay :20bux: to buy the Time Machine and return to Canada so we can then dig our way to hell and kick Sargeant Apone's arse!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Senerio posted:

What number is under us right now? Either way, Head back to the 2 above the exposed mine, head right, up, and right until I hit either the wall or a mine.

Hmm, that didn't take long.

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Question sir, before I return to charting our next large excavation: why the hell is there pathfinding in a Minesweeper game? Why the hell is there even a character on the field, surely a disembodied mouse cursor descending from above as in old days would be better?

I suppose a better question is, who do we blame for the above? And will we find them at the end of this ~Adventure~ mode?

I don't know, I don't know! Do you think I want to be here? Trapped in the RCMP's labyrinth? I miss the old days with the mine grid. You can blame the Harper Government for this. Blame the Harper Government for everything!

AdventFalls posted:

Sir, I wish to pay :20bux: to buy the Time Machine and return to Canada so we can then dig our way to hell and kick Sargeant Apone's arse!

No, that money is mine! It's for--uh, it's for nothing! Nothing at all! For the moment, I mean. That is to say, you will get paid, eventually. Yes, paid. But not now. The money must remain where it is. With me. For now.

Uh, here, move, I'll clear some of the way. Surely this minesweeping thing can't be too hard.

Huh, wow. Look at that. I barely did anything and the screen cleared right up. This, uh, this isn't as challenging as it used to be. Uh, Troopers, you go on ahead. Clear the route. We're almost at the exit.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Dig to the right of the the rightmost 1 and then dig two times straight up.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

Sir, I think we should finally pin down that wily cursor once and for all, sir!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Sir, it's hopeless, we're never going to escape the impregnable fortress that is Canadian minimum-security prison. I say we give up now and cry for our mommies!

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012
You know, I'm not complaining about the spontaneous body switching. I mean, we haven't lost anyone since we went through that portal! That's progress!

... And possibly some form of inexplicable Sith Alchemy, but who cares?

... Boy, am I glad to be assigned as the bodyguard of our Emperor. Other men would be afraid that the most minute error would cause their execution by Force Lightning, but I can't dig or pathfinder myself to save my life!

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
right 2, left 1, then right 2 AGAIN

Signed,

Canadian Defense Ministry
Timsworth Sirbiggins (Mrs.)

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Chwoka posted:

Sir, I think we should finally pin down that wily cursor once and for all, sir!

Excellent idea. I shall collect it myself--
Oops, wait, I stepped on a mine!

Oh! Well, that's a relief, I suppose. How accommodating of this death trap of a dungeon to allow its escapees a second chance.
You have to watch the video first, sir.
Right. Of course. Let's see, how do I start it--
Sir, you have to press the button. Here, allow me.

Ahh! Excellent. I think it's starting!

"E For Everyone?" Goodness, a video that even a Sith Lord such as myself would enjoy?

*gasp* Solitaire! I love Solitaire! It is truly the only game a lonely Sith Lord could enjoy!

Oh, and Spider Solitaire too! Truly, this is a Golden Age. You like Solitaire, don't you, Trooper?
Uh, sure.

Goodness, the colours! The options! The variety!

Surely this is greater than any Sith treasure?
Sir??

I love it. I must have it.

Oh, and Daily Challenges!! Who doesn't like challenging themselves? And for GOLD no less! I know of no word that could describe this amazing video. It's, its--oh, what's the word I'm looking for--

Yes! That's it! It's perfect! Oh, the video even knew what word I was searching for, how charming!

Truly, this is the future of gaming, and the future is here. Don't you think so, Troopers? Hello? Wouldn't you agree? Troopers? Troopers???

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Pls explain how 0 + 1 = 2.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's very complicated and sciency. Based on that equation interstellar travel became possible.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
No, sir, it's a trick! Why don't we just play a nice game of Microsoft Mahjongtm instead?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Pls explain how 0 + 1 = 2.

Sir, Trooper Carbon dioxide is beginning to ask questions.
Questions about how great Solitaire is?
No, sir. The wrong kind of questions.
Dear me. Well, uh, we better distract them. Quick, what were going to do? Ah yes, grab that mouse pointer once and for all. Troopers! Look! Over here! Look at me! I'm going to grab the mouse pointer! Pay no attention to the discrepancy in our health meter, but look over here! A ha! I got it--

Oh gods, what have I done!?
Sir, you appear to have opened up another portal!
Where to this time? Another LP?
Not exactly, sir.
What do you mean "not exactly"?
You haven't opened up a portal to one other LP, sir. You've opened up a portal to ALL the LPs!
Noooooo!

It's happening. I didn't intend for it to happen, but it's here!
What is, sir?
The LP Convergence!
Sir?
The LP Convergence!
What's that?
When too many LPs gather in one place, they trigger an LP Convergence Event.
Sir, I don't understand
These Catacombs, they must be beneath the LP Subforum. That could be the only explanation for it.
Sir, I still don't understand what a Convergence Event is.
It's simple, really. Horrific, horrible, and horrendous, but simple. You see, an LP Convergence Event is--
Um, hello there, excuse me?
Eh?
Hi, could I have a word with you?
Don't I know you?
I'm with Microsoft. I represent them in cases involving Let's Plays of their products.
Do you mind? I'm trying to have a moment here. It's big stuff.
I understand, but you understand that you've broken the rules regarding Let's Plays of Microsoft games?
Uh, what now?
The Game Content Usage Rules. Here, read this.
Uh, I don't have my glasses.
Sir.
Thank you. Uh, let's see now. Hmmm. Uh huh. Oh, okay, I see what you mean.
I'm glad.
Uh, Minesweeper © Microsoft Corporation. That's right, isn't it? Let's Play Canadian Military Simulator 2001 was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" using assets from Minesweeper, and it is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft..
Uh, heh, I'm, uh, I'm afraid it's not that simple.
What do you mean? I did the thing in the thing!
No, no, you see, this LP is being hosted on a pay-to-use website. Thus, it infringes on our rules.
Wait, but--
Cuff'em boys.
No, nooooooooo!

*Members of the RCMP appear to arrest Palpatine and his Clone Army--again *

:megadeath: Let's Play Canadian Military Simulator 2001 - End Credits Theme :megadeath:

Sally fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jan 11, 2015

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Have fun in the klink, you wizened shithead. :byewhore:

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
: I could have told them this was going to happen. Rookies.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Well that was a hell of a ride. :psyduck:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This was very dumb. You deserve something equally dumb in return.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Microsoft rules posted:

If the Item you create and distribute is a free app, then you must distribute it for free (emphasis mine)

:psyduck:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
That is certainly an appropriate ending to this LP. Now all you need to do is put it on the Archives. :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

radintorov posted:

That is certainly an appropriate ending to this LP. Now all you need to do is put it on the Archives. :v:

Yeah, you laugh, but it's going up there.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
: Yesss. All according to plan. Retcon ME out will ya...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Well, people, we did it. We made it.

Despite being knocked out after the first update and replaced by Emperor Palpatine wearing a hologram projector, I feel like I've been right there alongside you this whole time.

And you know what? It was beautiful. Truly beautiful. I'm proud of each and everyone of you. It was an honour to serve alongside you.

Now let's never speak of this again.

• Locked thread