Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
SIR IN TIME HONORED TRADITION OF THE CANADIAN MILITARY I HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT WE DRAW A GIANT PENIS ON THE MAP SIR

e - if that's not a way to start off a new page I don't know what is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Sir, since the grid is now 30 squares across I wish to recommend we switch to lettering the rows instead of the columns, sir.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
The four corners are a trap. I'll inspect the four midpoints of the four corners!

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Sir, since the grid is now 30 squares across I wish to recommend we switch to lettering the rows instead of the columns, sir.

No, it's fine. Just use A-O in the English Alphabet and then A-O in the french alphabet

Mais il n'y a aucun diff-

SILENCE, COUILLON!

Quoi? Dirons A-Anglais-1?

No no it's just in the accent, right? A-1 isn't the same as Ah-Un.

C'est du texte alors...

Qu'est-ce que ca veut dire, Jean-Guy?

Rien, rien. Continuez.

Alright, commander, I volunteer Jean-Guy here to test Hache-douze

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
X7, sir! I have a terrible feeling about it but my god I JUST HAVE TO.

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual
Sir, I don't know what spaces to investigate, I don't even know why we're here anymore.

...I'm so scared, Sir.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Excellent plan, Cpl. Bobbin Threadbare. We'll implement this strategy.

I don't care if that screws up a lot of your plans. It's gonna be funny to see you all blow up regardless.

Tobias Grant posted:

Volunteering to go to the Four Corners, Sir.

Someone has to do it.

I keep tellin' you, can't always trust the Four Corners method. Sometimes you've got to be unorthodox.

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

I'm a tough motherucker who doesn't play by your rules... mr. Apone. I27.

The gently caress did you just call me?

Get on that grid. Get on that grid, private, before I send your rear end back to basic!

unwantedplatypus posted:

The four corners are a trap. I'll inspect the four midpoints of the four corners!

Heh heh heh, don't worry, I've got plenty more Maple Hearts.

Skippy Granola posted:

Alright, commander, I volunteer Jean-Guy here to test Hache-douze

We're goin' with the revised grid, so head out to the altered coordinates.

Jean-Guy has a point, though.

Bombogenesis posted:

X7, sir! I have a terrible feeling about it but my god I JUST HAVE TO.

There's no X under the revised grid, so I'm just gonna roll you over and keep counting letters till you get there. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Nothin' to it.

Herb Stencil posted:

Sir, I don't know what spaces to investigate, I don't even know why we're here anymore.

...I'm so scared, Sir.

Harden up, soldier. Your place is not to question. This is all for the glory of the Deathless Throne of the Canadian Government. If it'll make you feel better, watch some of these old inspirational propaganda films:

Yeah, that brings me back.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
SIR! Reporting for Duty, SIR!

My deployment orders put me in J5, SIR!

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Private Lego reporting for duty. I'll take the top right corner, sir!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Sgt. Apone, what the unholy gently caress am I doing here on the front lines?

Beats the poo poo out me, but we're happy to have ya here General crow, sir.

No seriously, who did I piss off to end up here? Did I get Edge of Tomorrow'd without realizing it?

Well, since you're here anyway, sir, my men could use the some... uh.. moral support. Seems they're gettin a little chickenshit, sir.

Okay, where are they?

Why they're just out there in that field, sir.

Alright, let's see here... Wait what's that sign say? Does that say G20? Sgt. Apone! SGT. APONE?! Am I on the goddamn minefield?

Aaaaaah! Enjoy the shrapnel shower, ya dumb motherfucker... sir.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I say the middle of each edge sound like safe areas. Or not. Whichever the zombie will get to it!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'll take any one space at random, sir! For the deathless throne of the Canadian government, sir!

I admit I'm not nearly so trained for mines as cats.

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013
I20 Sir! I have a good feeling about this spot. I will go there now, and use big ol' stompy boots to search for mines!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
We are wasting precious resources. Instead of sending mooks to randomly chosen locations, we must discover the underlying pattern that's bound to rise from one of minefields. Tread carefully and make notes of what works - for example, the technique of jump in place simply doesn't cut it even in the eyes of the Sergeant, it is just a way to tie up our precious Canadian resources. I'm also suspicious of the smug bastard on top of the minefield: why can't we just throw our dice, test our luck and deal with him in a way that does not interrupt the flow of resources into our training. The minefield has no place for drones and parasites!

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
C4 is still a threatening tile as far as I am concerned, sir! I am checking it out, sir!

Shinarato
Apr 22, 2013

GSD posted:

C4 is still a threatening tile as far as I am concerned, sir! I am checking it out, sir!

I've got a bag for you... just never mind the strange... plastique.. smell.

Morton Salt Grrl
Sep 2, 2011

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
FRESH BLOOD

May their memory be a justification for genocide
I trust your intuition, sarge. Pick a square and send me there.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Request permission to investigate row 6, column 2, sir!

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
I'm feeling lucky, sir - give me the Four Corners! Surely it's bound to work sooner or later!

OG Necromancer
Jan 20, 2014

I suspect there's buried treasure in g16 sir! I'm going to dig there!

OG Necromancer fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Jun 22, 2014

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Sir, I have a good feeling about this one. A1, A2, A3, B2, C2, D2, E2. Sir!

Sir, it's a penis Sir!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Ello mate, I mean, sir, mate, sir. I'm one of those trans-fers from Australia I am!

Do the one to the right a' that 2 I say and if we run into any a' them mines, don't worry, just smear a lil' vegimite on it and she'll be right! I wouldn't do thay meself, of course, they make a darn good rugby ball they do, and the minefield's a good place to play on, it's just like back home it is!

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Sir, Australians are not to be trusted. He could be a kangaroo for all we know!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Why that's slander it is! I work for the government I do, and just give me five minutes and I'll just phone me old pal murdoch and you'll be on fox news you will!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Fox News is illegal in Canada. :colbert:

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Yeah, but the yanks don't know that, and they're the ones with all those there tankerydoos and them lawyers with the corp-ret tec-no-calities, they are!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Sir, the spot is calling for me! I can feel it! 5-17!

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Transfer from the Welsh Marines, SIR! Requesting firstly to congratulate you on this excellent training exercise SIR! Also to recce D-14 SIR!

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Ah, yes, the expert grid. I've taken real teams out to minefields, fully trained squads under capable leadership, where one unified strategy takes things nice and slow, and usually you can solve the field with minimal guesswork.

But not expert. It doesn't matter how smart you are. It doesn't matter how capable your men are. Eventually, you encounter an uncertainty. And you have to guess. I've lost so many men to the expert grid. And you're taking rookies out here?! Outsmarting cats takes an entirely different skillset than outsmarting that smiley, and just because these men were able to take all the cheese doesn't mean they can withstand 99 mines! It's suicide!

And I'm walking out there myself. I'm tired of all this war peacekeeping. Seen too many mines. Hell, I'm not even part of this outfit, or this military. I've been clearing mines for the Americans, but this is the only place left where I can find a decent mine drill to throw myself into. So. I'm heading out to D6, sir. And perhaps one final chain of 99 explosions can wipe away the hundreds of lives I have seen lost.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

If you number all the squares starting from the upper left corner it should be safe to hit all the prime numbers.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

berryjon posted:

SIR! Reporting for Duty, SIR!

My deployment orders put me in J5, SIR!

legoman727 posted:

Private Lego reporting for duty. I'll take the top right corner, sir!

More recruits! Glorious.

nine-gear crow posted:

Alright, let's see here... Wait what's that sign say? Does that say G20? Sgt. Apone! SGT. APONE?! Am I on the goddamn minefield?

Aaaaaah! Enjoy the shrapnel shower, ya dumb motherfucker... sir.

That does sound like something I'd say. I'll consider this canon. Alright, let's see if you're lucky today!

No, eh? That's a cryin' shame.

InfinityComplex posted:

I say the middle of each edge sound like safe areas. Or not. Whichever the zombie will get to it!

You've already been blown to pieces. I thought I made it clear the living dead weren't welcome here. You've got nothing left to offer me--uh, the Canadian Government.

Oh come on! Now you're just messin' up the drat grid! Someone clean this mess up!

Night10194 posted:

I'll take any one space at random, sir! For the deathless throne of the Canadian government, sir!

I admit I'm not nearly so trained for mines as cats.

Pour les Immortelles Trône! Mai l'éternelle légions drat la vie !

Teddles posted:

I trust your intuition, sarge. Pick a square and send me there.

Shinarato posted:

I20 Sir! I have a good feeling about this spot. I will go there now, and use big ol' stompy boots to search for mines!

GSD posted:

Mmmhmm. Badasses!

Arelon posted:

Request permission to investigate row 6, column 2, sir!

Hahahahaaa! That's right, keep it up! Remember: this is for your country!

inflatablefish posted:

I'm feeling lucky, sir - give me the Four Corners! Surely it's bound to work sooner or later!

Baron O Beefdip posted:

I suspect there's buried treasure in g16 sir! I'm going to dig there!

The Government appreciates your service.

Camoes posted:

Sir, I have a good feeling about this one. A1, A2, A3, B2, C2, D2, E2. Sir!

Sir, it's a penis Sir!

NewMars posted:

Ello mate, I mean, sir, mate, sir. I'm one of those trans-fers from Australia I am!

Do the one to the right a' that 2 I say and if we run into any a' them mines, don't worry, just smear a lil' vegimite on it and she'll be right! I wouldn't do thay meself, of course, they make a darn good rugby ball they do, and the minefield's a good place to play on, it's just like back home it is!

I don't understand a word you just said, soldier. Are you from Newfoundland?

Gamerofthegame posted:

Sir, the spot is calling for me! I can feel it! 5-17!

Alright--

JamieTheD posted:

Transfer from the Welsh Marines, SIR! Requesting firstly to congratulate you on this excellent training exercise SIR! Also to recce D-14 SIR!

Haha, we'll take the blood of the Welsh, it doesn't matter. Blood is blood!

It's a fresh grid. Let's keep it up, soldiers!

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Punch right below the smilie face, sir.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Sir! I think a mine on A3 is being shockingly impolite. Investigating the area and telling him off now sir!

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Blind Sally posted:

Haha, we'll take the blood of the Welsh, it doesn't matter. Blood is blood!

Oh, Linda, I'll miss you! Right, Hillary, you're up next, ol' girl, go to E10!

...What's that, sir? Oh, Welsh Marines have to give their all, Sir! In this particular case, means my exes, sir! Aren't they beautiful, Sir!

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Moving to take point on D12, sir!

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
What's wrong with your eyes, sir?

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Hey! Hey! Deserting American right here! D6! I figured you'd be happy to let me blow up! I even bolded the important bit so you wouldn't skip my last post! But it didn't work!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Sir! New deployment to B17, Sir!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
My gut instinct tells me that B6 is a safe place, Sir.

If something happens to me feel free to make a comment about how my guts went flying everywhere, sir.

• Locked thread