Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
Someone link that comic about her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

babypolis posted:

i really wish i knew how ayn rand was so succesful despite being terrible at everything, from interpersonal relationships to philosophy to writing. she really must have had an incredible force of will or something

She was apparently very charismatic with her the way she spoke. Much like Adolf Hitler or David Koresh, (Godwin, I know, but it's a good example here) her influence came not from actual intellect or understanding, but in giving the impression of it to others. Absolute steadfast belief in your worldview has shown itself time and again ti be very persuasive, even if based on absolute fabrications and rationalizations. In short, she was a cult leader, whose worship of selfishness and greed attracts those who want to feel good about being terrible people.

Sadly a great many of them turned out to be in the finance sector

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Making money off Leftists is pretty easy, just put together some key words like "people", "workers", "oppressors" and people will make you supreme dictator for life.

Enjoy being able to kill, enslave, and oppress all of your citizens on a whim living in the lap of luxury and people even decades later will defend the gently caress out of you.

Painting a bit broad with the 'leftist' designation there but alright

relevant : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3634476&pagenumber=24&perpage=40

• Locked thread