Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fishstick posted:

If you like a Soviet truck simulator in the mud, you're gonna get dozens of hours out of this.

I like how you say "Soviet truck simulator" as if it's just like saying " FPS games" or "MMOs". As if everyone knows how they feel about something like that the same way they know how they like broad genres of games.

"I'm a gamer who enjoys RPGs, 4x strategy games, and Soviet truck simulators"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohum
Mar 17, 2010

umoms.
I think it was more a play on SCS' titles. Euro Truck Simulator 2. Or maybe I'm just trying too hard to find an inside joke somewhere.

Zip
Mar 19, 2006

Forer posted:

This, I also got in for the multiplayer but I'm kinda saddened that every single time I play multiplayer it ends up with one car getting stuck in an easy to winch spot, giving up and quitting OR the host just trying to LEL I TROLL U winching until we fly away and then quitting like it matters

wanna play with goons, never goons in the chat room.

I was sold until I read this...

For a moment I thought I was going to play Tonka trucks with goons.

:'(

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
I'd never heard of this, but I feel like I am looking at Sorcerer: The Game and I'm so on board.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I'm down to play with goons. I'll hang out in the channel tomorrow.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I would seriously buy this if it had a career mode.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Start with Blue Truck™, upgrade on successful delivery.

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006
Thanks for making this game a sticky, it's a stupidly fun gun.

The camera finally clicked for me and I just stick it on top of the truck crashing through the forest in the C-4320 gobbling all the cloaks up.

Once you get good at driving you can pull a lot of crazy poo poo off and get away with it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

BrianPhillips posted:

Thanks for making this game a sticky, it's a stupidly fun gun.

You must not have noticed, but the thread isn't stickied anymore.

Probably because it never had any reason to be in the first place.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Maybe it got winched free. :v:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Poil posted:

Maybe it got winched free. :v:

It looks like Bayonetta shoved it into the mud.

e: typing that out made me realize that I have no idea why Bayonetta is stickied now either. I'm just gonna assume someone behind the scenes is throwing things up/down on whims.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 10, 2014

WraithMind
Jan 26, 2011
oh no what are the mods planning!?!

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

It looks like Bayonetta shoved it into the mud.

e: typing that out made me realize that I have no idea why Bayonetta is stickied now either. I'm just gonna assume someone behind the scenes is throwing things up/down on whims.

If they are, they're choosing very well :colbert:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

WraithMind posted:

oh no what are the mods planning!?!

You know what I just don't know. To be honest I expected to get some kind of response by third post at latest and when nothing came I just kind of ran off without direction.

Alternate response: 9/11

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
This game is cool. My first outing I did some six-wheelin and picked the backway behind the garage on the hill map. i found a secret way to quickly reach the bottom of the hill if you dont mind a lot of damage and possibly not landing upright

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Finding new routes is awesome. Then you go "that ground seems solid enough, let's avoid that water hole" and discover a brand new mudpit and tip over and have to go get your fuel truck to refuel your crane truck so you can go rescue yourself from the mud pit and pick your lost load back up. Game owns.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

TheFluff posted:

Finding new routes is awesome. Then you go "that ground seems solid enough, let's avoid that water hole" and discover a brand new mudpit and tip over and have to go get your fuel truck to refuel your crane truck so you can go rescue yourself from the mud pit and pick your lost load back up. Game owns.

I had a moment like that yesterday while doing multiplayer with Roumba and some randoms. We were playing Coast (I think) and after getting short logs, I went along the southern edge of the map. One of the randoms said "there's no road down there, you need to rescue" but after poking between some trees I found a road leading straight to the objective. This was after I flipped over, got saved by Roumba, then flipped again 3 minutes later :eng99:.

BrianPhillips
May 10, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

You must not have noticed, but the thread isn't stickied anymore.

I did know this actually. I was simply saying thanks to Shine for doing it because I really connected with and liked this game. Made 30 for the developer so I doubt anyone is truly complaining.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I played the demo way back when and it was pretty cool but I think I need some sort of campaign-ish system like ETS2 before I want to commit. That and first-person view, still surprised that it doesn't have it yet.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
I got the last achievement I needed for 100% completion yesterday and it was a pain. The River Co-op, I completed it 3 times and it never gave me the achievement so then I hosted and got it.

I don't know what it is but I just enjoy the hell out of this game. Hopefully some new content comes out soonish. If anyone in Goontires see's me on steam and wants to play, shoot me a message even if I'm not in chat. Playing with randoms SUCKS.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I've been giving this a long break until the new patch, I can't play it online as it works now.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

My trucks continue to sink into swamp, then the rescue sinks into the swamp, then the backup rescue burns down, falls over, then sinks into the swamp. I'm not optimistic about the fourth one.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Managed to get a perfectly working unloaded Ural, all hosed up in the river. I had just literally crossed in the little 4x4. It just vanished into a hole and washed away.

:ussr:

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Shine posted:

My trucks continue to sink into swamp, then the rescue sinks into the swamp, then the backup rescue burns down, falls over, then sinks into the swamp. I'm not optimistic about the fourth one.

Sounds like the game Drone and I played last night. Hardcore on plains and it was a struggle. I think it took me two hours roughly to get one load of medium logs to the objective. I flipped it, righted it and reloaded it with the crane at least 3 times and that was on my second attempt to get from the lumber yard to the objective. Hell of a challenge but we helped each other out and got it done.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I really did have fun cooping with romba. At first too proud (or embarrassed) to a ask for help after failing to drive over bridge. Later I was certian I could winch my way out of muddyrockyditch hell only to further swamp myself, and flip a hapless pubby dumb enough to assist.

I was sorta getting the hang of things, unfortunately ourt server crashed midway through our first delivery of logs :(

Magnaflux
Jun 28, 2007
New update just dropped:

Spintires posted:

DEV Update 27.10.14
Hello Everyone,

The update is now ready for download - boot up Steam and if you have the option selected for automatic download, Spintires will download on its own.

It has already been posted, but here is the list of items included in the update:

- Steering wheel support​ - Supports all steering wheels
- Bouncing rocks fixed
- Vehicle damage calculation more accurate (higher damage)
- Engine auto start when pressing accelerate
- "Engine stalling" progress bar looks changed
- ESC key (default game menu) can now be assigned/reassigned
- Analog Controller input

- Lobby buttons no longer grey out
- Ingame chat history and scroll
- Multiplayer inter-truck winch pulling improved
- Multiplayer trucks no longer fly through air when connecting

Not everything that was supposed to be in the update has been included - the reason is because some more work is required to finalize them.

Mod support has been postponed as the system that is being created for the core game is a bit more complex and it taking some more time than expected. It was decided to release the update without it rather than to postpone the entire update.

Information on the next update will be posted in due course, this will include the contents of the next update. We hope you will enjoy the new steering wheel support in the mean time.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I updated the OP to reflect the new wheel support.

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
this is going to be amazing with wheel support now

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Those that were waiting for a steam sale, it's 40% off as a midweek madness special !

[edit] Also my first foray into this game didn't go that well: river map and hardcore difficulty. I was a bit beaten up when I reached my first garage :v:

VV I'm left wondering what use an actual wheel would have at this point. I have a wheel & gamepad, and went for the gamepad because without a 1st person view, I don't see the point.
[edit] Also ow my finger, constantly pressing the right trigger does start to feel after a few hours. And drat this game is awesome!

JointHorse fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 29, 2014

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I guess you can't use multiple controllers. Everything has to connect through your wheel. I can't use my pedals since I hook them up via USB to get more resolution.

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
Game's 40% off at the moment! Getting stuck in the mud is cheaper than ever.

Daft chunK
Jan 23, 2008

Wut
I was waiting for the game to drop in price and lo and behold its nice and cheap at £11 on Steam just now and man, Wish I got it sooner really enjoying it. Played about 6 hours and got to grips with the controls and finding my way around the coast map a little, fording rivers as well is a case of get straight enter easy and plant it out. Love the game but need to hop on with goons and have MP soviet trucks, how many players can play at once?

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Daft chunK posted:

I was waiting for the game to drop in price and lo and behold its nice and cheap at £11 on Steam just now and man, Wish I got it sooner really enjoying it. Played about 6 hours and got to grips with the controls and finding my way around the coast map a little, fording rivers as well is a case of get straight enter easy and plant it out. Love the game but need to hop on with goons and have MP soviet trucks, how many players can play at once?

4 players at once. Join Goontires group if you haven't.

I just spent two hours playing with 2 pubbies on plains. I got the garage open, delivered a medium load to the objective and was halfway there with the second load when the dude that made the room bailed. And it's my least favorite map but it was the only mp lobby up. gently caress plains and gently caress pubbies.

Thaxxas fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 30, 2014

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
I kinda like plains, actually. One of my favorite things I've done in the game is taking a C class with the full garage semi trailer all the way across the map to unlock the garage in one trip. Lots and lots of winching.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
should i buy a wheel for this game to get the full trucker experience, or should i just borrow my friend's wheel

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
OR, is a keyboard fine??

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

THE PENETRATOR posted:

OR, is a keyboard fine??

I've been playing with keyboard and it seems to work fine.

Tagichatn posted:

Spintires is the dark souls of sim games.
This. :)

It took me a while to get used to everything and figure out how poo poo works--this game is a bit opaque with some of the mechanics. I spent this evening uncovering the entire hill map and finding a bunch of vehicles (and figuring out how to use the winch).

The game is kind of amazing, and I feel like I'm just getting started.

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010
You can now opt in for the beta build branch through Steam. Hopefully they'll add some of the goodies there that were left out of the recent patch and delayed.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
I wish there was an option to remap the controls for the crane, they're exactly opposite how I've learned to use a crane IRL. :argh: Also an option for joystick/thumbstick sensitivity would be great, any sort of fine control is next to impossible with the crane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Mimetic posted:

I kinda like plains, actually. One of my favorite things I've done in the game is taking a C class with the full garage semi trailer all the way across the map to unlock the garage in one trip. Lots and lots of winching.

I don't dislike it, it's just my least favorite. For me it's the most challenging map but i did find a couple of routes to the objective last night that didn't swamp me. So there's that. I was more pissed at the fact we were 15 minutes from completion and the host bailed without a word. Maybe he just dc'd. I don't know.

• Locked thread