Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Yeah. When you think about it, this is really a mud-based puzzle game.

I haven't tried this with a wheel yet. How is the force feedback? Is there FF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010
I'm not sure that I would want to use a wheel until there's an in cab view. I am interested to know if FF works though.

Thaxxas fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Oct 31, 2014

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
Tried using a garage trailer (4 points) to unlock the first (east of first spawn) unlockable garage on River last night... trailer disappeared, garage remained 0/4. gently caress.

I love this game, but that one made it difficult to keep playing.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

YarPirate posted:

Tried using a garage trailer (4 points) to unlock the first (east of first spawn) unlockable garage on River last night... trailer disappeared, garage remained 0/4. gently caress.

I love this game, but that one made it difficult to keep playing.

Yeah, that sucks. I've never had that happen but I did drop off a load of medium logs that didn't register once. It didn't bother me because it was on coast which is my favorite map. Probably because it's the easiest map.

Edit: I think the latest update broke it. No multiplayer at all for me.

Thaxxas fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 31, 2014

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
we should get together on goonrathi mumble saturday night and drink and drive and make russian jokes

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thaxxas posted:

I'm not sure that I would want to use a wheel until there's an in cab view. I am interested in know if FF works though.

Needs to be a dashcam view for maximum russianness.

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

Just got this game on steam sale, first few times i tried to drive my trucks around they instantly got stuck, then I learned about 4 wheel drive and differential and things started to get moving :D.
In cab view would be great but means that the devs would have to do a lot more work on making the insides of all the trucks and animating the wheel and foot peddles etc. Maybe a bumper view would be a lot easier.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
On the other hand, a lot of people are holding out for first person view.

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Willfrey posted:

we should get together on goonrathi mumble saturday night and drink and drive and make russian jokes

I'll be on Steam. Just say when.

I think dashcam is a fantastic idea. It's the Russian way. Bumper view wouldn't work because bumpers spend a lot of time in the mud or under water.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is it me, or is it easier to get proper bogged now when hauling weight?

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

Rocksicles posted:

Is it me, or is it easier to get proper bogged now when hauling weight?

I think it depends on the map... Some seem to have better quality roads.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just seems harder now, but i haven't really touched it a a couple of months.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
This needs FPV and rift support. Euro trucker meets russian logger.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
OK. I have begun drinking and logging, chase down and add Willfrey in steam (or AlmostDeadly i forget which, I will be on for a while.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Crossposting from Simulator Megathread: Spintires in a nutshell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKDKWVt7vQ8

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

JointHorse posted:

Did I just watch two trucks have sex? What is going on here?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

JointHorse posted:

Is that how Urals are made?

Karrahad
Nov 4, 2010
Meanwhile in the Beta Branch:

OOVEE_R posted:

Good evening off-roaders,

At 8:30pm on Thursday 6th November, a new beta build was made available - covering a large array of fixes and improvements for you all to enjoy.

Below is the list of fixes you will be able to find:

31/10/14
- Sharpen image filter
- Ghosts for all player trucks
- Option to capture screenshots without HUD
- Fixed multiplayer inter-truck collisions issues

01/11/14
- Minor truck physics tweaks
- Heat haze effect

05/11/14
- Diff lock now does increase fuel consumption, but damages truck + visuals for diff lock damage
- Winch truck now automatically accelerates when player accelerates
- If winching trucks' trailer, tractor will accelerate in accel mode
- Individual map saves
- Sharpen effect & heat haze tuning
- Cursor hotspot fixed in full screen
- Fuel tankers auto-refueled at garages and gas stations properly
- Fisherman achievement obtained by cheating fixed
- More steering wheels support
- Only show servers with appropriate version
- Maz-535 original look

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did they add the ability to use more than one controller? My pedals are separate from my wheel.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Cojawfee posted:

Did they add the ability to use more than one controller? My pedals are separate from my wheel.

Considering how many games make this mistake, why not just run your cables in such a way that you can easily switch the pedals between direct USB and going through the wheel? I did this because I need the pedals through the wheel for consoles but it's proved useful with PC games like this too.

Not saying they shouldn't fix it, but it's not like it's a huge problem to work around in the mean time.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Did the latest update not fix the jumping rocks? I applied the update but the rocks still jump when I drive by. Maybe the update didn't fix them or I didn't get the update applied correctly? Anyone still seeing jumping rocks?

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
MAYBE once a map? I've never had a problem with hopping rocks though.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Roumba posted:

MAYBE once a map? I've never had a problem with hopping rocks though.

Ya, once in awhile it happens, I don't mean all the rocks all the time are jumping up and down. I would assume if the dev said it was fixed it would not happen at all anymore. So it still happens to you and you are updated?

hatesfreedom
Feb 20, 2007

I make a profit of three and a quarter cents an egg by selling them for four and a quarter cents an egg to the people in Malta I buy them from for seven cents an egg. Of course, I don't make the profit. The syndicate makes the profit. And everybody has a share.
I feel the natural progression of Spintires is to have an expansion which gives you a road building/repair crew and your job is to fix up all these gawd drat roads.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
How about using a dump truck to build a dam of rocks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gxlwiWd3CI

it doesn't work

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Building a bridge looks like fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R90I2EMI0tU

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

How do you get cut logs on the ground like that? Haul from logging camp pick-up area and just drop them? I've always wanted to find a use for the crane aside from righting trucks and harassing others.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf
Probably from the mod he talks about in the video.

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion

r0ck0 posted:

Probably from the mod he talks about in the video.

That would make sense. Watched it without sound.

Anyone for drunktrucks tonight?

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Just got this. I've succesfully trashed all but one truck. Great fun. Would love to find people to play this with.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
I really like how it just sorta saves the state of your game. Makes it easy for me to boot it up and drive a little when I need a break from whatever other things I'm doing on my computer at the moment. I pretty much just play in 10-20 minute snippets, so it takes me a couple days to make a log delivery.

No idea why getting stuck in the mud over and over again is so drat calming to me. v:unsmith:v

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

TerminalBlue posted:

No idea why getting stuck in the mud over and over again is so drat calming to me. v:unsmith:v

I think it has a lot to do with exactly what you first said about the state. Accomplishing basically anything in this game presents a notable challenge, which is intellectually stimulating, but unlike many challenges people face day to day it can be left at any moment. Nothing is forcing you to keep going except your own desires so it never really reaches the bad kind of frustrating. You can stop whenever you want and come back to exactly where you left off whenever you want.

I see it as sort of the video game equivalent of a massive jigsaw puzzle someone has around their house partially finished. Every now and then they sit down and put a few pieces in place and it provides a sort of mental break. It doesn't matter how it gets done or how long it takes, so you can do it your way even if it might not be the "best" way.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

TerminalBlue posted:

I really like how it just sorta saves the state of your game. Makes it easy for me to boot it up and drive a little when I need a break from whatever other things I'm doing on my computer at the moment. I pretty much just play in 10-20 minute snippets, so it takes me a couple days to make a log delivery.

You just, like, accept it as inevitability, man.

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!
Makes sense. I get pretty fuckin' zen when I play this game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Spintires is currently $10.19 on steam for the next two days.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Picked this up for $10, promptly rolled my truck in a pasture :wtc:

Nothing to winch me back over. Terrible at this game, A++ would roll again

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Bhodi posted:

Picked this up for $10, promptly rolled my truck in a pasture :wtc:

*Final Fantasy victory music*

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Shine posted:

*Final Fantasy victory music*

That would be awesome. OR, final fantasy battle music like from FF7 when you go over with victory music when you get wheels down.
Maybe I have too much time on my hands.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

In terms of mods, is there any that some of you would consider essentials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaxxas
Dec 17, 2010

Tindahbawx posted:

In terms of mods, is there any that some of you would consider essentials?

I haven't spent a lot of time looking at mods and I haven't installed any. I seem to recall reading somewhere that mods break the achievements, but I could be wrong on that.

• Locked thread