Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhenInRome
Jun 17, 2011
would the civilization dev team have made the german leader hitler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
North Dakota would be slightly more boring I guess.

sounds pretty tough
May 17, 2012

Being an asshole is just part of my manly essence
eh.... plz no vidya gaems

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
^^^ loving hell ^^^

Then it wouldn't be in North Dakota.

WhenInRome
Jun 17, 2011

Deki posted:

is that actually possible though??

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the HMS Hood wouldn't have sunk

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Avatar would have come out two years earlier.

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
What if you didn't exist OP

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

you would still be gay, op

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The only thing I know about the Bismarck is from that johnny Horton song sink the Bismarck. My grandfather was a fan. I loved him but he was kind of a racist. I was at their house watching basketball one time. I was like eight years old and Michael Jordan had launched the nba into the position of preeminent professional sports league and bball was all the rage. He came downstairs and asked 'what is this, the jumping friend of the family show?'

I didn't know how to respond to this so I said yeah poppa, its the jumping friend of the family show. He let out an exasperated sigh and mumbled something about listening to California coon tunes would come next. I don't know if he actually recognized basketball as a sport or if he just thought it was a series of black people jumping around to be televised. He was an Irish immigrant living in western Canada and had probably seen as many black people as he could count on one hand. It was 1993

stuntwaffle
Mar 7, 2007

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!

mookface posted:

The only thing I know about the Bismarck is from that johnny Horton song sink the Bismarck. My grandfather was a fan. I loved him but he was kind of a racist. I was at their house watching basketball one time. I was like eight years old and Michael Jordan had launched the nba into the position of preeminent professional sports league and bball was all the rage. He came downstairs and asked 'what is this, the jumping friend of the family show?'

I didn't know how to respond to this so I said yeah poppa, its the jumping friend of the family show. He let out an exasperated sigh and mumbled something about listening to California coon tunes would come next. I don't know if he actually recognized basketball as a sport or if he just thought it was a series of black people jumping around to be televised. He was an Irish immigrant living in western Canada and had probably seen as many black people as he could count on one hand. It was 1993

same

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Then "a baker's dozen" would only be 12.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
A few things would be called by different names, prob less dumb sounding ones

Eh

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

WhenInRome posted:

That barbirian dude that beat the Romans at the Teutoburg forest and then afterwards had his armies get destroyed by a bunch of Roman legions in actual open battles instead of cowardly ambushes.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

mmmmm raspberry bismark

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The world wars would have happened earlier, lasted longer, and killed possibly roughly the same amount of people, though would have probably been more euro-centric than they ended up being.

In the end the statesmanship of his day would have eventually culminated in the same wars, but would have been more disorganized, but yet still as brutally fought and possibly along slightly different lines.

Well peace.

Time Serpent
Dec 22, 2012

Grimey Drawer
colonel klink maybe

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
owl day is alive

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Bismark trolled Austria and then France into wars and then kicked their asses, founded Germany, and the rest is history.

You tell me, OP.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
then that "you got what i need" song woulsd have never come out and ide gave nothin g to sing on kaeraoke night!!!!

Iamblikhos
Jun 9, 2013

IRONKNUCKLE PERMA-BANNED! CHALLENGES LIBERALS TO 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE! READ HERE

redshirt posted:

Bismark trolled Austria and then France into wars and then kicked their asses, founded Germany, and the rest is history.

You tell me, OP.

you forgot the angry powerhouse that was Denmark

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
No Biz Markie.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
unsure how you guys can be talking about if a dead man wasn't born when theres a for real resurrection itt

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It would just been called the KMS ...

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Deki posted:

Bismarck offers nothing exciting...

Unless you find road systems that make no sense exciting.

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

mookface posted:

He came downstairs and asked 'what is this, the jumping friend of the family show?'

lol

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
They should have made the German leader hitler anyways

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Cucking Mama posted:

owl day is alive

Yep, nice to see you too, glandmine.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
once in german class in school we had to write a report on a famous german person and the teacher expressly warned us "no hitlers" so I went home and had no idea who to pick and my idiot stepdad who we dont talk to anymore told me to do "baron von ribbentropp" so I microsoft encarta'ed him up and wrote out his synopsis in coloured pencil; each letter a new colour. Everyone else did Michael Schumacher or Jurgen Klinsmann or something and I ended up doing a technicolour page of bumf on a semi-senior nazi

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

concerned mom posted:

once in german class in school we had to write a report on a famous german person and the teacher expressly warned us "no hitlers" so I went home and had no idea who to pick and my idiot stepdad who we dont talk to anymore told me to do "baron von ribbentropp" so I microsoft encarta'ed him up and wrote out his synopsis in coloured pencil; each letter a new colour. Everyone else did Michael Schumacher or Jurgen Klinsmann or something and I ended up doing a technicolour page of bumf on a semi-senior nazi

But there are so many like Karl Marx and albert einstein
And kraftwerk

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

mookface posted:

jumping friend of the family show

Mods, please change my username to this. TIA

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

mookface posted:

But there are so many like Karl Marx and albert einstein
And kraftwerk

ITT famous germans.

Ahhh, Wagner!

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

gradenko_2000 posted:

It would just been called the KMS ...

"German naval staff leans in. . . waiting for Hitler to continue."

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

if he didn't exist it would be necessary to invent him

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
There would still be Tirpitz.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 635 days!

WhenInRome posted:

They should have done this anyway, cowards.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
never heard of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
There's that kid Otto on the simpsons

• Locked thread