Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

I have never really gotten scared in any of the jump scare games like Amnesia or otherwise. If anything the jumpscares annoy me. What is good about Fear is that it spends most of its time building atmosphere and being omnious. The amount of fire power you have also doesn't matter when you realize its protective ability is relative to that of your enemies. As such I felt more at risk in shooters than in the forced scare-run games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Wasn't the original concept for the Point Man's superpowers that he had cyborg upgrades? I'm sure I remember that being a thing at some point.

I remember nothing about robo-powers. My impression is that it was a result of being born from alma and psychic hand waving. The only reason why anyone but the point man and fettel would have powers is some BS having to do with corp getting derivative super soldier research from the to bros.

Also whose dna is the clone troopers based off of?

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

The Point Man was supposedly not good enough psychically to become a psychic commander like his brother, so Armacham gave him a bunch of surgical enhancements that made his reflexes really good. His visions of Alma were more because of the familial bond rather than because of his latent psychic powers.

Is this explained in the datapads etc? Also will you be posting that any of them?

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

I always took that blue sparking effect in Fear games to mean that you hit something armored but still affected/damaged something.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

I have this feeling the lack of use of grenades is because they are as cumbersome and difficult to use as the first game. I almost never used the frag grenades. Sticky grenades and prox mines both had there uses though. In one of the expansions they added auto turret grenades that were pretty rad too.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Is this the game with the thing that you can ride which is like that game that just mentioned? Is that just F3AR?

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

I think F3AR deserves a balls out crazy co-op variety hour style LP. Anything serious or a legitimate sane LP can not do it justice.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Always a good sign when psychic ghost girls try to make themselves look pretty for you. Nothing but pluses for this one

1: Doesn't kill you
2: Doesn't make your skin and flesh become fire on top of scorched bones
3: Not tentacle murdering you (also has tentacles if you are into that sort of thing (you better be or else))
4: Looks really great for a long dead psychic emanation of a tormented girl
5: Single

Really Beckett has nothing to complain about. If you think of any cons don't cause' she might eat what remains of your soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Did the napalm gun thing have alt fire modes that made it not suck at much? Maybe at least look cool?

• Locked thread