Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calax
Oct 5, 2011

... If you can, get your hands on the pre-release booklet which provides a lot of backstory on things that will come up. I think my copy of it is back in California (I'm in Iowa). Biggest thing is that this Team that Beckett is on? Not created by random chance

Also, this Jankowski is the Younger brother, not the older.

I know wayyy to much about the mythology of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Wasn't the original concept for the Point Man's superpowers that he had cyborg upgrades? I'm sure I remember that being a thing at some point.

Donno... Maybe for Jankowski (given that the games industry LOVES that family but I don't remember there being any hints of Cybernetics. And I'm not sure that the Point Man and Fettle are clones, I think they're the legit biological offspring of Alma, gestated in the womb and the genetic "father" could be any one of a number of scientists at Armacham (including Alma's dad).

Like I said, I know way to much about this game series.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

I guess, but it happens with the mercenaries who are in tactical turtlenecks, Kevlar, and nylon.

For some reason this has me thinking every single merc you meet is a clone of Archer.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Calling it now FEAR3 with Cooked Auto and Lazyfire

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

FEAR 3 has enemies that are legit running zombies that show up a few levels in. They're a total departure from any of the past enemy styles. They even got their own "defend against the horde" multiplayer mode.

On the other hand, they reused the mechs, and I approve of any game with that.

Don't forget the mode "loving Run!"

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Does project harbinger ever get explained or should I give an explanation out of my memory from the preorder book?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

1stGear posted:

The FEAR 2 DLC, Reborn, is how Fettel comes back to life for FEAR 3.

Not terribly relevant (or good), but it does have some bearing.

That is, if you susbscribe to he actually returned...

Personally I think FEAR3 is all in Point Man's head.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcYfTgPNOaU

Not totally related to the thread, but a dev commentary for the first portion of the first FEAR game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Lazyfire posted:

I think the last second twist is a bizarre off the wall thing that works the first time you see it if you don't think too much about it. If Alma wanted you to get her Ghost-Pregnant the entire time why would she have attempted to kill you over and over, both directly and indirectly? A possible explanation was that without the TAC Becket wasn't on the right level to get his Phantom Bone on, and would have been absorbed like Keegan. The other idea is that the writers put themselves into a corner at the end of the game and needed to leave space for a follow up. I think the latter is more likely. All they had to do from there was drop some vague hints through the game and be done with it.

In the pre-order material it says that Beckett is the best of the batch of psychics that were created as part of project harbinger (I think it was harbinger). Keegan is number 2 and I think Jankowski was number 3. Yes, your entire squad is built out of possible psychic soldiers. You can see this when ever Beckett gets psychic pangs Keegan has them too.

Also, I think I heard it pointed out somewhere that she only tries to kill you until the school, where she goes from "bone and skin" to "sexy" (using the term loosely) Then she doesn't actively try to kill you, just... aggressively play kissy face.

• Locked thread