Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I would not complain about having more videos to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts › Cinema Discusso > SnakeFist: Legend

biosterous posted:

In this thread we discuss the most recent offering in the SnakeFist franchise! SnakeFist: Legend (SF:L) is a licensed spinoff produced by Somsak Techaratanaprasert and distributed by Sahamongkol Film International, so it's not canon, but it's still worthy of bearing the SnakeFist name imo.

Picking up off a dangling plot thread from SnakeFist 5: Breakneck, our hero follows up on the coded message he found in that red box in Kent's back seat (:ms:). It leads him to to Australia, where he ends up fighting in an underground deathmatch tournament. We get to see more of SnakeFist's human side than usual, when a comedic misunderstanding forces him to take care of the young child of the romantic interest.[...]

Redbox Mystery posted:

Huh, this one flew under my radar somehow. I'll need to check it out.

poiuytrewq posted:

Okay so I get that it doesn't count as part of the :airquote: official :airquote: SnakeFist canon because it's not a WarnerBros movie, but do you guys really have to continue that stupid "NO SUCH MOVIE" joke? It's not like we're talkinga bout the Matrix movies, SF:L is a Good Movie.

loving goons, man. :colbert:

NukeTheMoon posted:

frankly idgaf about canon, in this movie snakefist spinkicks a baby carriage out of the way of an oncoming car, it's pretty much the best thing

also the kid's first words were "gently caress you" and it was great :iia:

Blind Sally posted:

[...] Now, I'm pretty sure that most people think SF:L is just another dumb action movie, made in an attempt to grab some quick cash off the SnakeFist franchise. But they're wrong. This movie is a work of art with an almost-Shakespearean level of depth to it. I'm going to break it down over a series of posts, starting with the introductory monologue [...]

biosterous fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 3, 2014

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Hooray, people liked my thing!

(you misspelled my name in post 3, though. b-i-o not b-o-i)

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Love the sound design on the Hammerhead, all TSCHNK TSCHNK TSCHNK.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

[The following scene was cut from SnakeFist V before being filmed. The script for this segment survived, and can be found on the 2008 HD re-release in the Special Features section]

SETTING: Convenience store, seedier part of town, night. SNAKEFIST is finally going to get the drink he wanted at the beginning of the TAXI FIGHT SCENE.

SNAKEFIST: Gimme a Professor Doctor.

CLERK: You got it, dude! That's the drink that heroes prefer!

Enter THUG.

THUG: I'm a criminal! This is a stick-up! Hand over your money!

SNAKEFIST: Okay, calm down. I'll give you my wallet, but first, let me take a drink of this delicious and satisfying Professor Doctor.

CLERK: It's the choice of a real man after a long day of doing what's right!

THUG: That is entirely reasonable, go ahead.

SNAKEFIST takes a sip of Professor Doctor, clearly savouring the taste of 8 fruits and 14 essential vitamins and nutrients.

THUG: Wow, does that look good. How about you give me one of those, along with all that money I had previously asked you for?

SNAKEFIST: Sure thing, let me get you one.

SNAKEFIST graps a bottle of Professor Doctor and throws it at THUG's head, distracting him. SNAKEFIST draws his gun.

SNAKEFIST: gently caress you!

SNAKEFIST shoots THUG, killing him.

CLERK: Wow, thanks for saving me!

SNAKEFIST: No, thank you, pal, for getting me that wonder-drink, Professor Doctor! It gives me the edge I need to take out criminal scum like that.

CLERK: And it's available everywhere, and so reasonably priced!

SNAKEFIST: Professor Doctor truly is The Right ChoiceTM!

Exit SNAKEFIST, dissolve to next scene

[The scene was likely cut due to the blatant product placement being largely against the tone of the film. Reportedly, JoyCo Inc. (the producers of Professor Doctor) filed a lawsuit against Warner Brothers, claiming that they had agreed to provide catering services for the film in exchange for the product placement of Professor Doctor. Both parties settled out of court.]

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

They attempted to contact convention organisers Lazyfire, biosterous, and Kaderhol, who ignored their calls.

Jokes on everyone who expected me to be able to organize anything! I can't, and I don't even have a phone to ignore your calls on!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

biosterous posted:

Anyone want to watch something like SnakeFist but with way more dumb poo poo? Asylum has got you covered, check it out:
SnakePunch: Chill is an action/horror Z movie released direct to DVD by The Asylum on August 15, 2005.

Continuing The Asylum's notoriety of capitalizing on major films with low-budget films with similar titles and plots (hence the term "mockbuster"), many aspects of the film are inspired by the film SnakeFist: Cold Snap which was scheduled for theatrical release three days later on August 18, 2005. However, this film contains slightly more violence and gore than its counterpart and also includes some supernatural elements. It is also much more slowly paced than SnakeFist: Cold Snap.

Contents [show]

Plot [edit]
Although taking the same basic idea from SnakeFist: Cold Snap (an action movie hero attempting to defeat a villain in an arctic environment), the background story of how the protagonist ends up in Siberia is completely different.

In the movie, writer Eric Forsberg created a Chukotkan shaman who has put the protagonist SnakePunch under a Tengri curse which causes his blood to be "filled with the heat of the Sky-Father". In order to survive with his increased body temperature, he must travel to Siberia where a powerful Kamchatkan shaman can lift the curse. Unfortunately, this Kamchatkan shaman is being held prisoner by Bernard Marcel, the leader of an evil private military company. SnakePunch must defeat Marcel and his minions without allowing his body temperature to rise too high.

Eventually, and inexplicably, SnakePunch transforms into a yeti and destroys Marcel's headquarters in a violent rampage. The transformation is reversed by the Kamchatkan shaman, and the curse is lifted.

[...]

Reception [edit]
When reviewed by Variety magazine, it was described "neither undiscriminating action fans nor connoisseurs of high camp will find much bite in this latest direct-to-video product from The Asylum."

Scott Foy, reviewing the film for Dread Central wrote "How the hell do you produce a rip-off this dispirited?"

biosterous posted:

Seriously it's hilarious to watch a C-grade kinda flabby dude running around shirtless in the snow, screaming about how hot it is and how he's gonna tear everyone limb from limb. And then he does!! And the effects are SO BAD and it's amazing :allears:

If you see this in a bargain bin check it out, it's easily worth a few bucks

I got lazy and pretty much stole the Snakes on a Train wikipedia page. If I could art I'd try to put together a DVD cover too, but that's far outside my skillset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

It all comes full circle :allears:

• Locked thread