Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Correct. Like Geodude, the moon landings are fake.

Rumors that the moon-landing was fake is a rumor spread by the government to distract from the real truth that the first creature to land on the moon was Lassie, the dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

Rumors that the moon-landing was fake is a rumor spread by the government to distract from the real truth that the first creature to land on the moon was Lassie, the dog.
And the Russian word for Lassie... is "Laika." My god. Step aside, Deus Ex thread, because we're unraveling the conspiracies.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Wtf is paragon run? Is this some japanese thing?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Booties posted:

Wtf is paragon run? Is this some japanese thing?
In Pokemon Red you are offered many dialogue choices, and can either pick Paragon (good) or Renegade (bad) options. Don't worry, even though I'm Paragon I'll still let everyone vote for the ending.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

In Pokemon Red you are offered many dialogue choices, and can either pick Paragon (good) or Renegade (bad) options. Don't worry, even though I'm Paragon I'll still let everyone vote for the ending.
Like it even matters, the only difference is the color of the explosion.

Oops.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 5, 2014

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

Like it even matters, the only difference is the color of the explosion.

Dude, fucken spoilers... Might as well tell them who the last boss is...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Gensuki posted:

Dude, fucken spoilers... Might as well tell them who the last boss is...

Fine.

It's Mecha-Geodude.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

Fine.

It's Mecha-Geodude.
Only if you don't have high enough Paragon or Renegade to get him to shoot himself in the head body sphere-torso. Speaking of which, Renegade is clearly a Red-typed word and playing through Pokemon Red as a Blue-typed Paragon is ruining my immersion and headcanon at the same time.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Drakyn posted:

Only if you don't have high enough Paragon or Renegade to get him to shoot himself in the head body sphere-torso. Speaking of which, Renegade is clearly a Red-typed word and playing through Pokemon Red as a Blue-typed Paragon is ruining my immersion and headcanon at the same time.

But he chose a Green Pokemon, so the colors are already bleeding through.

BlueDude
Aug 7, 2014

Rather Watch Them posted:

But he chose a Green Pokemon, so the colors are already bleeding through.

Man, I'm glad Yellow got rid of all this moral choice bullshit. It really ruined the whole experience for me.

e: Oh, and if the naming is still open: Greg Page for the Jigglypuff and Winning is Everything for the rock.

(Hopefully nobody suggests naming it Rock Knight.)

BlueDude fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 8, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Our Jigglypuff and Geodude will be named Dweezil and Dwayne respectively. I'd name them in the update, but it will be a Very Special Update.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
A speeeecial update? I am so excited.

When do you think your pokemon will start to evolve?

Also, as for your shirt color, I demand you wear a goatse-colored shirt. It works well enough in making FYAD pretty and fabulous, it should work for your LP too!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

Also, as for your shirt color, I demand you wear a goatse-colored shirt. It works well enough in making FYAD pretty and fabulous, it should work for your LP too!
Done. I'll have one printed immediately.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bumping this thread to build anticipation, comma, disappointment for the update later today.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Oh boy, this is like a trip down memory lane, I can't imagine being disappointed with another update.

I've been wanting to play along, but sadly my Photoshop emulator Gameboy 2600 broke down, so I can't play this classic title.

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bumping this thread to build anticipation, comma, disappointment for the update later today.

This LP is basically all I live for OP so I couldn't be more pumped.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Update 7 - Operator, Connect Me To Murder!

There’s a million stories in Cerulean City. This is just one of them. My name’s Luigi. I’m a private eye. It doesn’t pay the bills, but it keeps me in booze and my partner Weed Goku in Pokesnacks.

I’d been tracking down the mysterious organization known as the Elite Four, hoping to get to them before Digimon could buy his way to the top… or worse. Now I was dead broke in the big city and even Team Rocket couldn’t help me out of this one.

I knew the dame was trouble as soon as she walked in. She had gams for miles and a shorts-and-suspenders combo designed to show them off. Shorts. I knew about shorts. They were comfy and easy to wear. It was clear that she knew how to use them.

“The name’s Misty,” she said. “Misty LaRue.” The head of the Cerulean Gym. But what did she want with a flatfoot like me? “I’ve got caught up in something big. Bigger than both of us. And I need your help. This goes all the way to the top.”

“I need you to track down my late husband’s will. Without it, Cerulean City could be taken over… by Team Rocket!” “Woah, slow down lady, you’re talking crazy,” I said. “Weeeeeeeed,” said Weed Goku. “Team Rocket are the good guys. They defend us!” “Their leader, Giovanni… he’s not who you think! Please! You’ve gotta help me!” Well, how could I say know to a dame like that? I told her I’d poke around a little, see what I could find out.

The first stop was the Poke Mart. The owner, Mr. Chen, knew me. I always bought my cigarettes there. “Hey Chen,” I asked, “You seen anything?” “No.” He hadn’t seen anything. That’s when I got jumped by a coupla toughs.

I knew the Jr. Trainer from the Boulder Gym. Bastard had tried to hit me in the head with a loving rock, but Weed Goku knocked it aside just in time. Brock was too dumb to have organized a caper like this, I knew that much. This must have been personal. The Jr. Trainer had always had it in for me.

He pulled a Goldeen, and the drat thing just started screaming. I couldn’t see straight. Couldn’t think. Good thing Weed Goku was there. He took one look at that fish and had it dead on the ground. Too bad for Jr. Trainer.

The Swimmer was new, must have been a hired goon fresh out of the water. I could still see the seaweed on him. Tried to gang up on us with a seahorse and a shellfish, but Weed Goku wasn’t about to let that happen.

I knew it had been an ambush. Somebody must have known I’d be there. But who? Only one answer. Misty LaRue. She must have set the whole thing up. Knew I was after her Cascade Badge so she decided to get me out of the way. I took a drink for courage and headed out to confront her.

But I was too late. Somebody must have been afraid that she’d talk, so they’d shut her up but good. They hadn’t been after the badge, so I grabbed it and slipped it into my pocket. Now it was time to—

--Wait. I had the Cascade Badge. I was done here. Thank god. Time to never see this stupid city again. Let’s go, Weed Goku.

: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 12, 2014

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Wait, so if you actually solved the crime she just ends up dead? I continued the team rocket trail and ended up with a dead end and the entire back alley cornered off by the cerulean police force.

I then had to break into the police department, sneak through the air-ducts and steal the evidence which was the badge back. And the CPD is loving bullshit.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

Wait, so if you actually solved the crime she just ends up dead? I continued the team rocket trail and ended up with a dead end and the entire back alley cornered off by the cerulean police force.

I then had to break into the police department, sneak through the air-ducts and steal the evidence which was the badge back. And the CPD is loving bullshit.
This is an early-2000s Nintendo game, so technically she's just KO'd. You don't get anything for reviving her though.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger. And then it was over. The thread was bumped.

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

If you select 'Lie' rather than 'Doubt' in the Misty interview she actually confesses the scheme to you. It doesn't change anything though, you still have to walk into the ambush to progress the game, and she dies anyway.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
Through use of the fairly common "perma-battle" glitch, it is possible to attack Misty the first time you see her. This allows you to grab the badge and skip most of the Cerulean stuff.
It does kinda mess up some plot points later in the game, though.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I was too old to ever get into Pokemon, so it's good to have this thread to explain everything.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Cutscene Powers posted:

If you select 'Lie' rather than 'Doubt' in the Misty interview she actually confesses the scheme to you. It doesn't change anything though, you still have to walk into the ambush to progress the game, and she dies anyway.

If you download the DLC, you can see that there might be an offshoot of Rocket that is up to no good but most people didn't due to the Game Boy having literally no way to connect to the internet.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

ultrafilter posted:

I was too old to ever get into Pokemon, so it's good to have this thread to explain everything.

Yeah you really get it all. Never skip a beat ITT

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I don't remember fighthing a swimmer before finding Misty dead. Are you playing The Boss Giovanni Extreme mode?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I don't remember fighthing a swimmer before finding Misty dead. Are you playing The Boss Giovanni Extreme mode?

What time of the day did you go there? The advanced AI system in Pokemon means that he may have been shopping, or perhaps standing around his home doing nothing.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

After weeks of trawling the deep web, I finally found a database of the Nicolas Cage Pokemons. Visit at your own risk, preferably from an untraceable connection. Or else.

Seriously, people have ended up in secret Illuminati jail over this.

http://pokemonxniccage.com/

BlueDude
Aug 7, 2014
I challenge you to wear a :letsplay: shirt for the rest of the LP.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BlueDude posted:

I challenge you to wear a :letsplay: shirt for the rest of the LP.
Okay, but I don't think Slowbeef would appreciate me cutting off his face and wearing it as a shirt.

BlueDude
Aug 7, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Okay, but I don't think Slowbeef would appreciate me cutting off his face and wearing it as a shirt.

If you don't want to, just put a border of :letsplay: faces in the OP and donate :10bux: to the ALS Association.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BlueDude posted:

If you don't want to, just put a border of :letsplay: faces in the OP and donate :10bux: to the ALS Association.
That sounds good, and epic also.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
I really liked this particular plot twist ! drat does this LP sends me back to my childhood...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

legendsuper posted:

I really liked this particular plot twist ! drat does this LP sends me back to my childhood...
Please warn everyone about 9/11.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Weed…

weed goku…

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Made some fan art for this wonderfully informative LP:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

Made some fan art for this wonderfully informative LP:

Added to OP.

This thread is not dead, so everyone post in it a lot, and don't you dare say anything about the thread being dead, because it is not.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Is this thread dead?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Is this thread dead?
No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Are you sure because I'm pretty sure I heard a rumour that the thread is dead, RIP thread.

• Locked thread