Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

The Pretzel Bun is coming back to Wendy's. If you have been living under a loving rock, Wendy's had the Pretzel Bacon Cheeseburger and the Pretzel Pub Chicken last year and they were really good. Like really really good. Like all limited time offers they came to an end but Wendy's has now realized the error of their ways. I dunno about you guys but I think the Pretzel Pub Chicken was probably the best fast food sandwich of all time. Yes, I think it was even better than the Smoked Whopper from Burger King back in 1997 and the short-lived Fish Deluxe from McDonald's (sounds lovely but it owned).

To be honest I kinda saw this coming because they have been posting stuff on their facebook all week about how they miss the pretzel bun and how it's the 1 year anniversary of the introduction of the sandwich. I called them out on their wall, told them to not even loving play because Dave would never have taken away the most delicious sandwich of all time. They posted some vague poo poo about maybe it's coming back. Looks like they weren't playing.

Supposedly they'll be back in early July but it's usually not too hard to find a Wendy's that will break the street date and serve a little bit early. I'm gonna eat so many of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

Can I get a pretzel Baconator?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
That dirty whore!

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Death By Yogurt posted:

Now this motherfucker has his thinking cap on.

I bet yes if you ask nicely.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Thread tag should've been "gross"

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Death By Yogurt posted:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

pretzel buns are loving gross and I can't wait for the fad to end. No local restaurant that makes good food, I don't want the sammich on a loving dense disgusting pretzel bun. Almost as gross as actual pretzels.

I have spoken.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
It is known that you can get any burger on this bun, for a suggested 30 additional cents.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wendigee posted:

pretzel buns are loving gross and I can't wait for the fad to end. No local restaurant that makes good food, I don't want the sammich on a loving dense disgusting pretzel bun. Almost as gross as actual pretzels.

I have spoken.

And you should never speak again.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Terrible buns that ruin everything inside them

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Last time I got a baconator I mistakenly didn't clarify a single baconator, and I got maybe 40% through the default double baconator before I put it down exhausted from eating it. It's a glorious and hosed up sandwich. I can't even imagine the triple.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Actual pretzels own :colbert:

But yeah pretzel buns are very dense and heavy in carbs that no one should eat them more than once a year. Fast food ones are probably poo poo but there's a pretentious ~artisan~ hamburger place (the counter) that can serve hamburgers on a fresh pretzel bun and it was surprisingly really good

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Wendigee posted:

I have spoken.

Xaris posted:

But yeah pretzel buns are very dense and heavy in carbs that no one should eat them more than once a year. Fast food ones are probably poo poo but there's a pretentious ~artisan~ hamburger place (the counter) that can serve hamburgers on a fresh pretzel bun and it was surprisingly really good

:fuckoff:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Xaris posted:

No you're wrong, pretzel buns are ideal because they soak up any burger juices while also staying firm so the burger doesn't fall apart while you're eating it.

Seriously load up your burger with toppings and a beer and chedder sauce and try to eat it with a normal bun. You'll suffer burger collapse and poo poo will slide out and everything will be soggy within seconds.

If people claim to lift as much as they do a pretzel bun won't do poo poo. Because in most countries after you exercise you hit the pub and get smashed on meaty barfood and alcohol.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jun 22, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

No you're wrong, pretzel buns are ideal because they soak up any burger juices while also staying firm so the burger doesn't fall apart while you're eating it.

Seriously load up your burger with toppings and a beer and chedder sauce and try to eat it with a normal bun. You'll suffer burger collapse and poo poo will slide out and everything will be soggy within seconds.

your kinda dumb.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I need salted particle board because real bread gets soggy. I am why god made aids.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
what you should do is make burgers and then instead of buns use a good local bagel from your favorite bagel place

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

your kinda dumb.

Excuse me if proper culinary methods offend you, I'm from civilization.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
good pretzel buns are nice

bad pretzel buns are like every other bad kind of bun: loving awful and worthy of a direct flight to hell

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
im a fan of the tuscan chicken ciabatta because im a big fan of italian classics

verily carefree
Apr 5, 2014

Death By Yogurt posted:

You can do anything you set your mind to, man.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

good pretzel buns are nice

bad pretzel buns are like every other bad kind of bun: loving awful and worthy of a direct flight to hell

Get the trader Joes Pretzel Buns.

Supposedly Costco makes them too but I have not seen them in person.

A burger on that with a side of buffalo wings owns.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

Excuse me if proper culinary methods offend you, I'm from civilization.

I'm from a city. is there a difference?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

Do you mean a real city like Tokyo or one of those cities they have in Inida and Pakistan that's just a giant slum.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

There's plenty of cities which aren't a part of civilization. Los Angeles for instance.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Death By Yogurt posted:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

There's plenty of cities which aren't a part of civilization. Los Angeles for instance.

I didn't think Los Angeles was considered part of the human existence anymore. Color me surprised.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I am the owner of the factory churning out these blunts to every fast food chain AMA

this is also my idea

http://www.brandeating.com/2014/06/news-carls-jr-testing-new-mashed-potato-topped-burgers.html

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

Do you mean a real city like Tokyo or one of those cities they have in Inida and Pakistan that's just a giant slum.

Philadelphia. We are working on making it not a slum.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

We're trying!

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
I also carefully watch the facebook pages of fast food chains and spend my time wondering whether or not some particular combination of cancer inducing processed dog poo poo will be available in the near future for me to cram into my flabby worthless body.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Has anyone tried that Waffle Taco from Taco bell? I was going to, but then I saw it had no meat on it so I wound up cooking myself two eggs and a porkchop for breakfast on the grill.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Taint Reaper posted:

I didn't think Los Angeles was considered part of the human existence anymore. Color me surprised.

That was my point, yeah.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

That was my point, yeah.

No I mean that it was still populated by humans, I thought we gave it back to the animals.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Taint Reaper posted:

No I mean that it was still populated by humans, I thought we gave it back to the animals.

Oh, yeah that is pretty strange.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Oh, yeah that is pretty strange.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
If you say you don't like pretzel buns I automatically assume you're a feeble crybaby with the digestive tract of a 90-year-old.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

If you say you don't like pretzel buns I automatically assume you're a feeble crybaby with the digestive tract of a 90-year-old.

and I automatically want to call you a human being. So are you gay? Should I apologize?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

and I automatically want to call you a human being. So are you gay? Should I apologize?

Why are you a grown adult so afraid of a piece of bread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
I am going to try this tomorrow

Is this a mistake y/n

• Locked thread