Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Pretty sure in this there's there's been more people complaining about people comparing it to Gurren Lagann then there have been people actually comparing it to Gurren Lagann

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Finish your drink every time someone points out that Gurren-Lagaan ran with themes first introduced in earlier works. Then shoot yourself. :suicide:

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
I'd love to see a 100% new game plus run of Chip just WRECKING the game with no holds.

Benach
Aug 15, 2013
Oh. I thought Platinum Paragon required you to Platinum all missions on all difficulty levels. That makes this way less difficult and impressive. Hell, the only non-Platinums I have on both Normal and Hard are on 9-C (final form jerginga) so I've just been a fool.

Although I am more of a fan of showing "Literally everything off" rather than "Show everything that I believe will be interesting to most", i'm still very satisfied with this LP. I'll just have to see for myself the hundreds of changes done in Hard and 101% Hard.

ArchiveLurker
Sep 5, 2009
Editing in the appropriate character themes for the unlockable Wonderful Ones was a really nice touch.

Thanks Chip for a great LP and introducing a game I otherwise would never have heard of.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Heads-up for NA people: Club Nintendo is offering a digital version of W101 as a prize from now until the shutdown in a few months' time, it costs 600 Coins.

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards-details/a/45244.do

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 2, 2015

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Heads-up for NA people: Club Nintendo is offering a digital version of W101 as a prize from now until the shutdown in a few months' time, it costs 600 Coins.

I am furiously tapping A (aka F5) to Protect Earth Reload page, but it keeps crashing.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

FeyerbrandX posted:

I am furiously tapping A (aka F5) to Protect Earth Reload page, but it keeps crashing.

I managed to get it. Now I just have to buy the Wii U as soon as the state tax refund comes in.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

There's something to end credits to this game that always makes me feel kinda sad.

The slow and peaceful music set to every character design in the game slowly drifting away from the viewer and one-by-one fading away into space, where the franchise will almost certainly never be revisited again :toot:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

beep by grandpa posted:

There's something to end credits to this game that always makes me feel kinda sad.

The slow and peaceful music set to every character design in the game slowly drifting away from the viewer and one-by-one fading away into space, where the franchise will almost certainly never be revisited again :toot:

I hold out some hope for the game. Naturally, I don't expect a sequel to be coming up any time soon, but it shouldn't completely fade out since Nintendo's at least acknowledged it in Smash Bros. If nothing else, it'll be remembered fondly.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Got it there a few days ago. Man Chip makes this poo poo look so loving effortless and for the most part I can get through with Plat Time and combo but gently caress if I don't get hit . Also gently caress those blob enemies, they are the worst.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

I had zero coins, so I went around the house and took all the kids random 3ds games and registered enough stuff to get 690.... very nice. Now my 7 year old is playing it and having a blast.

Shabadu fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 8, 2015

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
A loving great LP. Thanks C&I

Eyre Kneed
Jul 1, 2008

TwoPair posted:

Oh, Chip, are you going to post those GEATHJERK/Wonderful One files?

I came to ask the same thing.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I still wanna see the full, unedited Operation 101. I don't even care if there's commentary. Guess I could just watch it on someone else's channel, but I don't really wanna

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sade posted:

I still wanna see the full, unedited Operation 101. I don't even care if there's commentary. Guess I could just watch it on someone else's channel, but I don't really wanna

well since you were so polite about it

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I still think the the wonderfull 101 hymne is absolutely amazing and it gets you fistpumping every time you hear it.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Michaellaneous posted:

I still think the the wonderfull 101 hymne is absolutely amazing and it gets you fistpumping every time you hear it.

Same here. It's so goofy, but so heroic that you can't help but smile on and cheer for the heroes like a kid again.

I'm kind of embarrassed to note, but I finally realized you only get the last two full Wonderful Ones after the threat is over: it's because, along with Luka, they replace Vorkken, Chewgi, and Immorta to raise the team to 101.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I was doing my monthly search for Quad City DJ remixes and found pure gold.

Edit: Also found this, too.

Captain Bravo fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 13, 2015

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Here you go chaps...

Edit: Wasn't paying attention.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Feb 13, 2015

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Eyre Kneed posted:

I came to ask the same thing.

I'm not sure if Chip will post them, but this video has nearly all of the character files (except for a few of the secret characters): here.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
Someone posted a pic from Danger 5 Season 2 way earlier in the thread, and they just got to the part referenced by that image:

It's pretty amazing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Just seeing you demo everything was pretty dang amazing. Wonderful work, lads!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It's a little late, but I finished watching through this and this game was really loving awesome to watch you go through this crazy rear end ride.

• Locked thread