Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I liked the one where someone said something stupid and SG just face palms for a good 20 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

the one with bjork as his wife was pretty good too

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

crankdatbatman posted:

didn't the last episode do one of those "yeah this show is now cancelled" things and it got really weird and Space Ghost may have said poo poo or something? I feel like they at least acknowledged they were getting cancelled.

I think you're thinking of the Brak show. Right at the end Brak said that he wishes the show wasn't cancelled.

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

Feranon posted:

I don't do intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. but I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me. whether it's supposed to go there or not.

because I'm different.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
pretty good show, pretty good avatar op

this a pretty good thread.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My dad likes Space Ghost.

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
sealab went to poo poo

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

A shark on whiskey is mighty risky
but a shark on beer
is a beer engineer

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

Piss Kingpin posted:

A shark on whiskey is mighty risky
but a shark on beer
is a beer engineer

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Atarian posted:

I think you're thinking of the Brak show. Right at the end Brak said that he wishes the show wasn't cancelled.

I could have sworn it happened in Space Ghost too. Like the last part of it he's singing this semi-vulgar song or something. Oh well, beats me. I remember the show got really loving weird around the season before Adult Swim debuted. By the time it was on Adult Swim they were allowed to be more free with their language and it was sort of a jarring change for a kid who'd been watching it since the first season.

Oh well, pretty much every episode is great. Favorite will always be the (first?) Carrot Top episode. And that one that was in black and white where space ghost gets pupils drawn on his eyes and gets a big butt. Jeff Foxworthy episode owned bones too.

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008
Forcing the Ramones to come up with a song about Space Ghost is a damned good episode

"Look, Marriage is about hiding in the kudzu behind your apartment..Until the lights are completely out"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i enjoy most things williams street does tbqh

space ghost is the top but i like squidbillies brak show and aqua teen.

I am certain that aqua teen is purposely trying to make the show as unwatchable as possible but i accept their challenge and refuse to stop watching it.

i endured 12 oz mouse as well

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nobody cares Moby.

Nobody cares.

No one...

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

Please kill everyone you've ever come in contact with, then yourself.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
By responding to his post, he's now come into contact with you.

roofle owned logical conundrum

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Him killing me would only be just. It would blot those memories from my mind.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

california roll posted:

sealab went to poo poo

Harry Goz carried the show, his death sunk it.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

I am super-dissatisfied to have the forums go down in this way. SUPER-DISSATISFIED!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Don't stand on the floor. The floor's spoiled, like milk.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Can't figure out how they got all those celebrities to agree to be interviewed for a cartoon talk show. They must've had an amazing guest budget.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

John Flansburg of They Might be Giants talked about his experience on the show, and the episode he's in, they literally flash to him for a second and then go on to something else.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
llllllllllllll-Lima beans! *flex*

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Unguided posted:

Can't figure out how they got all those celebrities to agree to be interviewed for a cartoon talk show. They must've had an amazing guest budget.

usually they were told it was a generic talk show and they had some turner employee ask basic questions which had nothing to do with the show that they'd later write the script around

sometimes they'd have one of the writers dress up like space ghost and conduct the interview

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

A lot of people are aware that Space Ghost was the precursor to Adult Swim, but SG:C2C was actually the first series produced by Cartoon Network. Before Space Ghost, CN only had old cartoons like Looney Tunes and Hannah-Barbara, and I guess the network wasn't doing so hot, so they decided to take a stab at original content. They gave Mike Lazzo about $0 and he created Coast to Coast, which was apparently successful enough to keep the network floating along to create even bigger hits. So without SG:C2C, we wouldn't have Dexter's Lab or Samurai Jack, no Adventure Time, no Adult Swim.

That said, if you haven't yet, you guys should check out "The Eric Andre Show." It definitely fills the void that's been present since SG:C2C is gone.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

When did the spin off cartoon planet start?

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 27, 2014

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Brak will always own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTrWX1Lq2G8

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
venture bros is better OP

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Those aren't children -- they're packets of cream cheese.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Greetings GBS. Now it is the time for your weekly beating.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Saucer Crab posted:

Greetings GBS. Now it is the time for your weekly beating.

Is that you, Saucer Crab?

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

John Flansburg of They Might be Giants talked about his experience on the show, and the episode he's in, they literally flash to him for a second and then go on to something else.

good

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fetch me my monocle. I want to look rich.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

12 oz mouse actually owns a lot. it's probably the most cryptic loving tv show ever made but if you pay enough attention you realize a lot of what seems like random bullshit actually is a plotline with character motivations and poo poo. it's just really goddamn impenetrable. also it's hilarious.

space ghost owned a lot, sealab was good, aqua teen is mostly entertaining, squidbillies is great. williams street rules in general.

reminder that there was a point in time where Turner owned and aired both Space Ghost and Monstervision, so in other worlds they had the two best shows on TV at the time, possibly of all time??

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

yes, sgc2c was the best there ever was, the best there ever will be.

although tim and eric is pretty great.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I will have my chocolate ice cream now.

Thank you, stupid idiot!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Crack a window open, will ya?

Crack

All

The windows open.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Moltar are you aware of the health risks caused by tall boys?

Downtown Abey
Feb 14, 2002
Knifing Around was the pinnacle of animated comedy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SGC2C was a great show to watch really late at night just before sleeping. Probably good stoned too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KERNOD WEL
Oct 10, 2012
What kind of hospital is this?

• Locked thread