Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

Hwbrgdtse posted:

do you guys all still have your ninja turtle toys from when you were 9? and do you knock them together and go "uh uh uh uh" like they're fighting? and is it fun and not at all embarrassing?

i only play with dolls of adult things like senators thank you very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The 1st season is a trip full of weird little dirty jokes and adult humor, you can make a case against most of the rest of it being explicitly for children but there are a bunch of dicks and weird sex puns you're not gonna understand full stop at ten years old.

Never liked Regular Show.

edit: also drugs stuff

lfield
May 10, 2008
just do whatever you like really. watch dumb cartoons or dont or whatever. but dont be a dick about it

i think we all learned a lesson here today

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

killyoureparents posted:

i hope these people don't have pretenses about them being better than bronies because lol

op motive spotted

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

fargom posted:

This is some weak rear end poo poo OP. Disappointed.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

lfield posted:

just do whatever you like really. watch dumb cartoons or dont or whatever. but dont be a dick about it

i think we all learned a lesson here today

you belong in BYOB, like a sir :D

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

its funny that people have such a rock solid foundation of an identity built on watching these lovely children's shows that they think me merely posting this topic is a trolling attempt

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
dick jokes are also childish things, but if there's anyone who doesn't like a good dick joke they should be shot imo

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Effectronica posted:

dick jokes are also childish things, but if there's anyone who doesn't like a good dick joke they should be shot imo

dick jokes are exactly the same thing as an animated cartoon designed and written with children in mind, yea

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
didn't the main character turn into a girl one episode? gosh, i wonder how that went over

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

killyoureparents posted:

dick jokes are exactly the same thing as an animated cartoon designed and written with children in mind, yea

both of them are things that appeal to children, and are designed to be understood easily, so yes, they are both childish things. it's just that one is old and broad so people can't attack it without being twats and the other is a specific thing that can be attacked.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Hwbrgdtse posted:

didn't the main character turn into a girl one episode? gosh, i wonder how that went over

nevermind this topic then, I completely understand why the mental fucktards on this site like it

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

killyoureparents posted:

what kind of sadbrained idiot do you have to be to watch that poo poo past age 14

the same kind of people who watch anime, op

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
OP, where went did the magic of your life go by?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Twee as gently caress posted:

the same kind of people who watch anime, op

tell me again how omar sharif was black, twee as gently caress

lfield
May 10, 2008
i dont like those shows but they're pretty inoffensive & i dont get mad that people like them. not really anything wrong with it

OP do you get proportionally as incredulous when you see a news report about a war or bombing or something actually worth getting worked up about

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

lol this is like schizophrenic-level reaching for connections

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

mr.capps posted:

OP, where went did the magic of your life go by?

i loving hate my life and everybody elses life and the only way i can experience what you people would call "pleasure" is by seeing someone in a pain that i caused.

thats why i keep posting :twisted:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

lfield posted:

i dont like those shows but they're pretty inoffensive & i dont get mad that people like them. not really anything wrong with it

OP do you get proportionally as incredulous when you see a news report about a war or bombing or something actually worth getting worked up about

he whines about sjws and trannies a lot

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
i like to huff nitrous oxide frank booth style and watch uncle grandpa

while at work managing a daycare

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
sorry you dont get it OP

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
look at this human being, treating cartoons as serious:

''Although as yet there are all too few examples of the true cinematography of sound-and-sight consonance (only a few scenes, for instance in Disney's wonderful 'Snow White' or individual scenes from 'Alexander Nevsky,' such as the 'Attack of the Knights'), advanced cinema directors are engrossed in the problem of spectacle synthesis, experimenting in this field and accumulating a certain amount of experience.''

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Adults watch reality TV and the History channel OP so anything is possible.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

killyoureparents posted:

i loving hate my life and everybody elses life and the only way i can experience what you people would call "pleasure" is by seeing someone in a pain that i caused.

thats why i keep posting :twisted:

I can't handle how edgy you are, op

also lol at using tumblr as a baseline for any sort of reaction

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

viscous wolves posted:

I can't handle how edgy you are, op

also lol at using tumblr as a baseline for any sort of reaction

im not even trying to be edgy, im trying to tell you how horrible my life is.

Real life picture of Effectronica: (obtained during my doxxing of Xim)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
the great thing about adventure time is any time you see some bugfuck analysis there's a reasonable chance that's exactly what penn ward and co were going for

who watches these shows as an adult? the same kind of people who make them

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
How much effort did you put into getting this thread together OP?

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
gendersquare?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
the simple fact of the matter is that killyoureparents knows that i could swat him aside like a fly, and all his jabber is just his way of dealing with that fact. it's not easy living in a world where subtle and unfathomable entities do things like enjoy anime, after all

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Effectronica posted:

the simple fact of the matter is that killyoureparents knows that i could swat him aside like a fly, and all his jabber is just his way of dealing with that fact. it's not easy living in a world where subtle and unfathomable entities do things like enjoy anime, after all

Said by the idiot who typed up this massive tome of Disney movies
http://popcultureblargh.blogspot.com/2012/04/disney-and-paradox-of-research.html

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
Pop Culture, Blargh!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

e: whoops wrong thread, uh oh

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Hwbrgdtse posted:

No, one character had written "fan-fiction" where all the characters were the opposite gender, the episodes where Finn is a girl are just depictions of that in-universe fiction.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

finally, you're getting into the spirit of things! let me reveal another part of my internet legacy: http://elfectronical.tumblr.com/post/130204309

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I don't think there's anything wrong with watching cartoons as an adult as long as you don't get all huffy and defensive about it like a bunch of retards in this thread, imo.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with watching cartoons as an adult as long as you don't get all huffy and defensive about it like a bunch of retards in this thread, imo.

yes, people should just feel ashamed of themselves at all times. nice username/posting gimmick combo :rolleyes:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Effectronica posted:

yes, people should just feel ashamed of themselves at all times. nice username/posting gimmick combo :rolleyes:

I can't imagine being a human who reads the words that that user posted and seeing "People should feel ashamed of themselves at all times"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

yes, people should just feel ashamed of themselves at all times

if they are fat, they should tbh

• Locked thread