Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

killyoureparents posted:

I can't imagine being a human who reads the words that that user posted and seeing "People should feel ashamed of themselves at all times"

i can't imagine a man that writes what you wrote and then implicitly says that it's okay as long as you don't get too defensive, since that would require people to not always say exactly what they mean and write without being purely literal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Effectronica posted:

yes, people should just feel ashamed of themselves at all times. nice username/posting gimmick combo :rolleyes:

I didn't say you should be ashamed and in fact said the opposite. If someone criticizes you for watching cartoons, just laugh it off. Who cares? It's cartoons. Getting angry and defensive when someone makes fun of you for watching cartoons just makes you look like a big baby tho.

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Effectronica posted:

i can't imagine a man that writes what you wrote and then implicitly says that it's okay as long as you don't get too defensive, since that would require people to not always say exactly what they mean and write without being purely literal

PLEASE don't misgender me on purpose you loving prick.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I didn't say you should be ashamed and in fact said the opposite. If someone criticizes you for watching cartoons, just laugh it off. Who cares? It's cartoons. Getting angry and defensive when someone makes fun of you for watching cartoons just makes you look like a big baby tho.

it was a joke based on your username dude

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

killyoureparents posted:

PLEASE don't misgender me on purpose you loving prick.

quite frankly, im not sure that you're a real human being and not just a carefully-maintained chatbot.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
fuckfuckityfuckasfuck im mad

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
IM MAD

ABOUT CARTOONS

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Effectronica posted:

quite frankly, im not sure that you're a real human being and not just a carefully-maintained chatbot.

im a transwoman actually.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
OP YOU MAKING ME ANGRY
BRB HUGGING PATRICK STAR PLUSHIE

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

mr.capps posted:

IM MAD

ABOUT CARTOONS

dude i hope you know that posting like this just actually makes you look like a mad retard in a topic full of Chill rear end Posters :)

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i don't watch any babyass cartoons but dear OP please tell me the correct set of interests for an adult human please i'm worried i'm doing it wrong and i really want to be able to sit around in this thread and help you feel edified about yuor personal tastes

should i perhaps put on some american football and then maybe after catch up on the news and watch some reruns of it's always sunny in philadelphia?????????????

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I, personally, am intensely offended that anyone would insult the fanbase of a show I haven't watched in a year/

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Sitting Here posted:

i don't watch any babyass cartoons but dear OP please tell me the correct set of interests for an adult human please i'm worried i'm doing it wrong and i really want to be able to sit around in this thread and help you feel edified about yuor personal tastes

should i perhaps put on some american football and then maybe after catch up on the news and watch some reruns of it's always sunny in philadelphia?????????????

Anime for starters

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sitting Here posted:

yeah that sounds good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

killyoureparents posted:

dude i hope you know that posting like this just actually makes you look like a mad retard in a topic full of Chill rear end Posters :)

im hugging two nickelodeon 90s cartoon merchandise plushies im so mad now

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Sitting Here posted:

boom boom boom posted:

yeah that sounds good

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

yeah that sounds good

asterisk kills self asterisk

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

killyoureparents posted:

im a transwoman actually.

well this certainly puts all those posts about the suicide rate in a new light. is this like a groundhog day scenario where you repeatedly commit suicide and wake up the next day alive and ready to post in gbs

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

viscous wolves posted:

I, personally, am intensely offended that anyone would insult the fanbase of a show I haven't watched in a year/

haha yeah, Adventure Time is for nerds. I haven't watched it since that Flame princess nonsense. I'm more of a Steven Universe gal. A little more mature, if you know what I mean.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Sitting Here posted:

asterisk kills self asterisk

Effectronica posted:

well this certainly puts all those posts about the suicide rate in a new light. is this like a groundhog day scenario where you repeatedly commit suicide and wake up the next day alive and ready to post in gbs

n...n.....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
i have no interest in adventure time or regular show, but imo you should go full pretentious or nothing

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Effectronica posted:

it was a joke based on your username dude

:saddowns:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

haha yeah, Adventure Time is for nerds. I haven't watched it since that Flame princess nonsense. I'm more of a Steven Universe gal. A little more mature, if you know what I mean.

it's more that I haven't had time but okay

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
op im so angry im like dexter and this is my lab (cartoons) and you are deedee

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

killyoureparents posted:

its funny that people have such a rock solid foundation of an identity built on watching these lovely children's shows that they think me merely posting this topic is a trolling attempt

lol

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
i think people should just do what makes them feel nice, this is a rough ol' world and it takes all kinds and as long as they're not hurtin no one then i say different strokes IMO :)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
your kind of a lovely poster dude

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

regular show is surreal as gently caress and full of tons and tons of references to the 80s and very early 90s

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Moola posted:

tbh everyone is

op its not that you try too hard, which you do, but you try too hard and care too much about getting a reaction

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Moola posted:

*my entire world starts fragmenting and crumbling like the end of a dream in inception*

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

NecroMonster posted:

regular show is surreal as gently caress and full of tons and tons of references to the 80s and very early 90s

I watched an episode and it seemed like random stoner humor to me

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

mr.capps posted:

tbh everyone is

op its not that you try too hard, which you do, but you try too hard and care too much about getting a reaction

its funny that you think i was trying to get this insane reaction from posting a thread about children's shows

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

adventure time's pretentiousness hurts it a lot IMO. it's not a kids show, it's a tumblr hipster's show that thinks it's a kids show. i haven't watched any regular show but it seems like that just accepts what it is and doesn't have the pretense of being for kids instead of 24 year olds

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012
it says a lot about The State of the Forums when i post a topic about childrens shows and people think im trying to get screamed at

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heiYWrGgs8I

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y894QNtX0VA

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

killyoureparents posted:

it says a lot about The State of the Forums when i post a topic about childrens shows and people think im trying to get screamed at

anime, is good

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

killyoureparents posted:

considering you have roughly a quarter of the posts in this thread I'd say you feel more personally about this than anyone else posting here

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

killyoureparents posted:

its funny that you think i was trying to get this insane reaction from posting a thread about children's shows

killyoureparents posted:

its pretty clear, that yes, you want a reaction because you are sure not trying to be funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Effectronica posted:

i have no interest in adventure time or regular show, but imo you should go full pretentious or nothing

so when youre pushing your cart and some fat lady asks for peanuts do you just go 'here's a pack of macadamia nuts, madam :smugjones: '?

• Locked thread