Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Sunday Standings

Today's Schedule

National Broadcasts (All times Eastern)
  • 1:35 pm - Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals - MLBN
  • 2:15 pm - Philadelphia Phillies at St. Louis Cardinals - MLBN
  • 2:20 pm - Pittsburgh Pirates at Chicago Cubs - WGN America
  • 8:07 pm - Texas Rangers at Los Angeles Angels - ESPN

Today in Baseball History
  • 1932 - The N.L., at a meeting of club presidents, finally approves players wearing numbers.
  • 1946 - Bill Veeck heads a syndicate that purchases the Cleveland Indians.
  • 1962 - Boog Powell becomes the first Oriole player to homer over the center field hedge at in Baltimore's Memorial Stadium with a 469-foot blast off Don Schwall in the Birds' 4-3 victory over Boston. Mickey Mantle had done this feat earlier in 1957.
  • 1982 - Pete Rose doubles off John Stuper in the third inning of a 3-2 loss to the Cardinals for his 3,772nd career hit, moving him past Hank Aaron into second place on baseball's all-time list.
  • 1993 On his final day as a professional baseball player, 45-year old White Sox backstop Carlton Fisk of the catches his 2,226th game to surpass Bob Boone as the all-time leader.
  • 2002 - A game between the Cubs and Cardinals is postponed after Cardinals Pitcher Darryl Kile is found dead at age 33 in his hotel room, of apparent natural causes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That's the first time I've ever seen the entire infield shift to one side!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey so uh

So, uhhhh

Uhhhhh

~Miggy~

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

If I was Damon I'd have rushed the mound there, smh

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Brewers going to score 30 runs this series.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Looks like Chip Caray is wearing his grandad's suit. Jesus.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Uh oh Lawrie

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Uh oh Bautista.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
:ohdear:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Colby dont listen 2 the haterz ur beautiful~~

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Yayy Colby

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Goddamn, Lind Reyes and Lawrie are already out :(

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

If bautista hits the DL this team is loving doomed.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Bautista looked pretty sore walking around. So I guess Reyes injury isn't too severe, considering he is in the game now. Tolleson in right field will be... interesting

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Looks like the 2013 Marlins decided to show up to today's game.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
It appears my local network would rather broadcast a special about Lenny Wilkens than the Mariners game, although the channel listing says otherwise. Anyone have a stream?

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
Wow I can't believe they turned that over. Awesome.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
The Pirates are supposedly wearing throwbacks to 1953 today.

The 1953 Pirates finished 50-104.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Carlos noooooooooo :(

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Damnit Dickey. Also Cueto might have injured himself scoring on that home run, nobody is safe this game

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
We replaced this cavalcade of worthless transients wearing olde english Ds with the Detroit Tigers Baseball Club, let's see if anybody notices!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Come on, Tigers. Only three or four more runs and you may have a safe lead.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Willie Bloomquist is still around? I think I knew this but it still surprises me every time I see him.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Travis :woop:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Well that was an odd way to score a run

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
Yordano Ventura has a god drat cannon.

Willie Bloomquist (heh) ties it up on a RBI double off a 98 mph fastball.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Jon and Jhonny doing damage!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Willie Bloomquist is still around? I think I knew this but it still surprises me every time I see him.

And now like when he was with the Royals I wish I could forget that he exists again.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

SQUEEEEEEEEEZE

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Bunts

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Chris Johnson to the 1st base umpire: "THAT'S HORSESHIT!"

never seen him so pissed.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

So sick of seeing this Greg Dobbs rear end in a top hat being the Nationals #1 pinch hitter. There's gotta be a better use of that roster spot.

gently caress. Clippard time vs the Braves.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

And now Justin Upton gets pissed/gets ejected.

God, watching this game is awful.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
gently caress you Cubs for ending Polanco's hitting streak! :(

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dirty as gently caress takeout slide in Yanks/O's.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Nats :toot:

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Jed lowrie can't catch a break this year, just hard hits right at fielders constantly

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Kruk and Kuip debating the merits of putting Andrew Bogut at 1st base

Duane: "Just put him in for defense, that's all I'm asking."

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Arias should have come up with that. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

New Concept Hole posted:

Arias should have come up with that. Oh well.

That was going to be really tricky either way, so I don't quite blame him

• Locked thread