Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I use three different types. A whitening one daily, Colgate red gel before sex, and this a couple times a week.

/\ This is the best toothpaste for your teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
Prescription toothpaste? The dickens you say.
That poo poo had better help replace missing teeth.

Baking soda works just fine & can be fun when you toss in a little cocaine.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I don't use toothpaste because flouride is government mind control

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I use three different types. A whitening one daily, Colgate red gel before sex, and this a couple times a week.

/\ This is the best toothpaste for your teeth.

You have never had sex.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I use water and plain, generic, store-brand baking soda.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
the one that four out of five dentists recommend viop

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_review-rank?keywords=toothpaste&qid=1403477969&rh=n%3A3760901%2Ck%3Atoothpaste&sort=review-rank

this is toothpaste sorted by avg customer review on amazon.com youre welcome lowtax

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
the guy I used to get my weed from swore by tom's of maine but I didn't have the heart to tell him tom's got bought out by clorox bleach or some poo poo like six years ago

anyway tom's does have some good flavors, my wife likes the fennel but I think it's pretty gross

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
Baking soda toothpaste like Arm and Hammer.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
AIM original toothpaste. $1 for a big rear end tube and has tons of fake cinnamon flavor.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Overbite posted:

I use this

I was really hoping someone would post this. BE CAREFUL WITH THIS TOOTHPASTE. I poo poo you no it killed my tastebuds for over two weeks. After the first time I mysteriously lost taste (not smell!) I narrowed this stuff to the most likely culprit, Months later I tested it again and the same loving thing happened. My friends thought i was hilarious when I told them my ice cream cone tasted like cold butter.

I read reviews of his stuff burning and leaving a white film of dead skin in people's mouths among other fun side effects

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
I suspect there was a chewing gum that kept one's teeth healthy enough that it would make dentists obsolete, but the inventor was killed in a freak accident and the formulae was lost forever.

loving dentists.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Gallow posted:

I was really hoping someone would post this. BE CAREFUL WITH THIS TOOTHPASTE. I poo poo you no it killed my tastebuds for over two weeks. After the first time I mysteriously lost taste (not smell!) I narrowed this stuff to the most likely culprit, Months later I tested it again and the same loving thing happened. My friends thought i was hilarious when I told them my ice cream cone tasted like cold butter.

I read reviews of his stuff burning and leaving a white film of dead skin in people's mouths among other fun side effects

im pretty sure this toothpaste explicitly warns on the box not to use it for more than a couple weeks. its for treating a diseased mouf and using it every day is retarded

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
have you guys ever seen a horse's teeth? they're pretty hosed up and scared me as a kid into brushing my teeth

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I just go by how many doctors out of 10 recommend it.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Gallow posted:

I've been using this toothpaste for like five years and never had this problem, but holy poo poo you're not kidding, there's tons of reviews saying this. I guess I'm just really lucky. It works well for me, only had like one or two cavities in all that time.

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Overbite posted:

I use this

I use this all the time, the directions are just normal toothpaste directions. It sounds like some people just have a bad reaction.

Also protip: flossing does nothing to prevent cavities or reduce plaque but you should still do it because it helps with gingivitis and bad breath.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

A misanthrope posted:

have you guys ever seen a horse's teeth? they're pretty hosed up and scared me as a kid into brushing my teeth

f you don't brush your teeth ahorse will chomp your nuts :twisted:

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I've been eating a strict Paleo diet to balance out my humours so I can't use store bought toothpaste because people in the Paleolithic era didn't have Walgreens. I make my own paste, just mix one drachma of rock salt - a measure equal to one hundredth of an ounce - two drachmas of mint, one drachma of dried iris flower and 20 grains of pepper, all of them crushed and mixed together. Also I supplement with a deworming treatment to avoid tooth worm.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I've been eating a strict Paleo diet to balance out my humours so I can't use store bought toothpaste because people in the Paleolithic era didn't have Walgreens. I make my own paste, just mix one drachma of rock salt - a measure equal to one hundredth of an ounce - two drachmas of mint, one drachma of dried iris flower and 20 grains of pepper, all of them crushed and mixed together. Also I supplement with a deworming treatment to avoid tooth worm.

i named my toothworm jimmuy he is my bedt friend. we gonna be friend forever . i love my friend jommy the toothworm

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

you are an idiot. under the paleo diet you dont have to brush your teeth that is how good of a diet it is

unless you are a loving retard and are eating fruit like some kind of jungle orangutan, instead of a savanna dwelling homosapien who would VERY loving RARELY come across fruit

really you should ONLY eat already dead animals you come across or gazelles you have caused to feint through endurance barefoot running

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

a hole-y ghost posted:

f you don't brush your teeth ahorse will chomp your nuts :twisted:

:horse::supaburn::derp:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

THS posted:

you are an idiot. under the paleo diet you dont have to brush your teeth that is how good of a diet it is

unless you are a loving retard and are eating fruit like some kind of jungle orangutan, instead of a savanna dwelling homosapien who would VERY loving RARELY come across fruit

really you should ONLY eat already dead animals you come across or gazelles you have caused to feint through endurance barefoot running

okay lemme clear up some misconceptions here first ancient humans probably lived at the border between the svannah and the foerst meaning plenty of fruit for all

second the animals dont feint they overheat which means they have to stop dead and wait whie they are easily killed off by the hunters animals cant dump heat as well as humans who are well adapeted to it through sweating animals only have their tongues cuz of all that hair and fur provint the paleo diet surpmee through evolution

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

THS posted:

is cum paleo? bc idk if i could go w/out cum so did cavemans eat cum 0r not??? well???

Gravity Pike
Feb 8, 2009

I find this discussion incredibly bland and disinteresting.
You're not supposed to use the best toothpaste, you're supposed to use one that's not terrible. Jesus christ, do you go into the grocery store and ask the clerk which apple is the best apple, because you deserve the best goddamned apple in the entire loving store? No, you grab like four that don't have any obvious bruises, and you move on with your life.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

tons of cum

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

nomadologique posted:

okay lemme clear up some misconceptions here first ancient humans probably lived at the border between the svannah and the foerst meaning plenty of fruit for all

second the animals dont feint they overheat which means they have to stop dead and wait whie they are easily killed off by the hunters animals cant dump heat as well as humans who are well adapeted to it through sweating animals only have their tongues cuz of all that hair and fur provint the paleo diet surpmee through evolution

wow did you learn this in your 70s anthropology class, retard? read some gary taubes fuckface

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Bobby Brown posted:

is cum paleo? bc idk if i could go w/out cum so did cavemans eat cum 0r not??? well???

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Bobby Brown posted:

Cum is definitely paleo as long as the guy is eating paleo. I should know because I'm on a strict paleo diet of Savannah grasses, termites and semen. (source: my doctor)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Cum is definitely paleo as long as the guy is eating paleo. I should know because I'm on a strict paleo diet of Savannah grasses, termites and semen. (source: my doctor)

u sure this isn't a trick by your doc to get you to eat his semen??

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Yo just get some rawhide chews they clean your teeth and have 0 carbs

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

THS posted:

im pretty sure this toothpaste explicitly warns on the box not to use it for more than a couple weeks. its for treating a diseased mouf and using it every day is retarded

My dentist was giving it out to everyone with no warnings and was surprised when I told him about my problem. I don't know if other people had issues but he switched to something else.

I think by day five I was starting to have a problem and was really freaked out. I thought all my food had gone bad and starting throwing poo poo out until about the fourth or fifth different thing I tried. I think it was when I ate a handful of Nerds candy and I may as well have been eating little nuggets of drywall.

2-bits
Jun 20, 2006

He's the chief He's the king, but above everything He's the most tip top - Top Cat!

I Am A Robot posted:

I use this all the time, the directions are just normal toothpaste directions. It sounds like some people just have a bad reaction.

Also protip: flossing does nothing to prevent cavities or reduce plaque but you should still do it because it helps with gingivitis and bad breath.

Hmmm, I don't see an ADA seal on that box.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

A misanthrope posted:

u sure this isn't a trick by your doc to get you to eat his semen??

Come on, I'm not a moron. I can tell the difference between paleo & non-paleo semen & my doctor is definitely not lying about eating paleo.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Trixie Hardcore posted:

hmm if I just cannibalize a russian guy named semen is that also paleo?? :crossarms:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

if you're on a paleo diet aren't you supposed to eat sabertooths and mammoths and poo poo? because that going to be a problem.

those things are deadly and hard to hunt, you see.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

a hole-y ghost posted:

hmm if I just cannibalize a russian guy named semen is that also paleo?? :crossarms:

If he ate paleo. It's not that complex you guys.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

gently caress... the dynamics of cum eating and cannibalism are too complex. I think I'm gonna starve

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
cum quest: paleo edition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The how doesn't matter, the answer is this:

Back before toothpaste brands were a thing, people usually just used baking soda. Turns out toothpaste with baking soda in it works pretty good.

• Locked thread