Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Paulocaust posted:

Lol yeah I'm sure the 18 year old OHLer that is admittedly a big fan of Johnny Manziel and Patrick Kane's off ice behavior doesn't like to party and isnt just saying that to help his stock. Also I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you.

An 18 year old male athlete may to like party? You don't say! Do you actually think every other 18 year old at the draft does not like to party?

The guys point was that he likes and respects people who embrace life outside of hockey and not just being Sidney Crosby hockey robots.

Grimby fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jun 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grimby posted:

An 18 year old male athlete may to like party? You don't say! Do you actually think every other 18 year old at the draft does not like to party?

The guys point was that he likes and respects people who embrace life outside of hockey and not just being Sidney Crosby hockey robots.

You just went from "look he doesn't like to party!" to "of course he parties" in two posts.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Also there's a p big difference between "I like to party" and having your main role models being two functional alcoholics, one of which has assaulted multiple people while drunk.

Also if that was the point he was trying to make, he's a moron. Every hockey player has something outside of hockey, wether it be family, a side business, a summer sport, etc. He idolizes the one that choose to spend their free time destroying their brains in night clubs.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Paulocaust posted:

You just went from "look he doesn't like to party!" to "of course he parties" in two posts.

You really have no reading comprehension skills do you? Nowhere did I say he doesn't like to party. I was pointing out you took his comments completely out of context in an article that explicitly points out that the comments should be taken in context. Now you're saying I reversed positions on something I never said.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Sidney Crosby is a bad role model, don't be like him. Also he is a boring person. Not a guy who has to constantly walk on eggshells with what he says because he has 40 sponsorships and is the most famous hockey player alive.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Paulocaust posted:

Sidney Crosby is a bad role model, don't be like him. Also he is a boring person. Not a guy who has to constantly walk on eggshells with what he says because he has 40 sponsorships and is the most famous hockey player alive.

Are you just having a conversation with yourself and posting bits of it here?

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grimby posted:

Are you just having a conversation with yourself and posting bits of it here?

no, i'm mocking you

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Paulocaust posted:

no, i'm mocking you

You're not doing a very good job of it, you're just coming across as an angry man who takes things out of context.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grimby posted:

You're not doing a very good job of it

In my defense, you're doing most of the work for me

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Paulocaust posted:

In my defense, you're doing most of the work for me

Meaning I'm leaving you very little to mock me about so you just look like an angry man who takes things out of context?

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
character stuff is usually overblown and dumb, but with ho sang i feel like there's increased odds he's really just a big rear end in a top hat that's going to crash and burn at the nhl level. he's still absolutely worth the gamble though if he falls past 14 or 15 or so

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Everybody take a deep breath.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

But is he "Brash?" does he "speak eloquently?"

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I can't wait for Ottawa to take Anton Karlsson at #40
Give me all the karlssons bryan murray give them to me

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Guignol posted:

The Ottawa Karlssons.

Well, I guess that's sort of true already.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

quote:

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie
Legit chance VAN deals defenceman Jason Garrison although he has full NTC. It's believed he would reluctantly waive depending on location...

Hearing TB and MTL as potential landing spots for Garrison. TB was interested in Garrison when he was UFA and chose VAN

Some team is going to be pretty happy with him and after the year he had he can probably be acquired for a song.

e:

quote:

Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN ·
Very real possibility of Garrison to Tampa and Kesler to Anahiem happen today. #canucks

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 27, 2014

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
I went to parties and I'm not even cool.

Psyche I'm way cool

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Guignol posted:

Just convince Spezza that playing in Edmonton is really awesome and you can have the #3. Think how many Sams you could get...

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

T-Bone posted:

Everyone thinks they can pick the next Milan Lucic when he's probably a 1/100 whereas the tiny dude dominating at every level is guaranteed value

this is the realist thing i've ever read in SAS, y'all

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
If Ho-Sang would just play the whiteright way there wouldn't be any problems.

I hope the Pens draft him, but Rutherford said he's open to trading the pick and I have a feeling he will move it for a forward

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ginette Reno posted:

I hope the Pens draft him, but Rutherford said he's open to trading the pick and I have a feeling he will move it for a forward

You're the only one who has brought up race, hth

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS

Ginette Reno posted:

Ho Sang mighty party but does he party the pittsburgh way, leaving incredible amounts of garbage all over the place like an idiot retard? This is important

I want to reiterate that I have been invited to parties before and have friends

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Paulocaust posted:

(1) He is making a joke. (2) Ho-Sang does it himself in way that (for teenagers) is matter of fact and non-confrontational.

quote:

"You know what? Yeah, I'm diverse. I'm a weirdo. It's hard to explain to people," Ho-Sang said. "You look at me. Once you actually see me, I'm a black kid missing a tooth. Who is this guy? Misconceptions can totally be drawn from that. That's not profiling. That's not anything. You don't know what to expect. I think that's life."

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres GM Tim Murray says in the 2016 NHL Draft, the first three spots will be determined via lottery.

This could end up being pretty cool

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Paulocaust posted:

Ho-Sang brought it up a bunch of times.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres GM Tim Murray says in the 2016 NHL Draft, the first three spots will be determined via lottery.

More chances to rig the draft!

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

The Dirty Burger posted:

If they set it up in an escalating scale so that the third pick has an actual chance of going to the cup winning team, I am so on board for this

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Wait wait wait... Paulocast owns a bridge?

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
The new lottery is going to be known as the purge. It requires one sacrificial offering from each team. You must choose one of your own players to die for the glory of your franchise. The more penalty minutes that player accrued over the past season the higher chance you have of winning

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
I like Ho-Sang because his mom is Chilean, and I am Chilean. Although he doesn't seem to embrace that side of him as much as his Jamaican side. Racist.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I'm hoping Ho-Sang won't drop past 20, because I'll end up real disappointed if Bervegin passed on him because of his lack of CHARACTER and respek.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Mr. Kite posted:

Wait wait wait... Paulocast owns a bridge?

To nowhere.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Kesler traded to Anaheim

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun · 2m
Anaheim will trade Bonino, Sbisa plus 24th overall pick and teams will swap third-rounders once deal goes through

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

That's it? Yikes.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I guess Vancouver likes Bonino because there's not much there otherwise. Sbisa is a useful depth defenseman I guess, and the pick is whatever.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Paulocaust posted:

Also if that was the point he was trying to make, he's a moron.

he's eighteen years old.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Bonino really benefited by some luck driven factors this season to put up those 50 points. I mean you'd be hard pressed to find a guy on Anaheim last year who didn't have an inflated shooting percentage while he was on the ice to trade for, but I think they bought high on a guy who never really showed much of anything before this year.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Starsfan posted:

Bonino really benefited by some luck driven factors this season to put up those 50 points. I mean you'd be hard pressed to find a guy on Anaheim last year who didn't have an inflated shooting percentage while he was on the ice to trade for, but I think they bought high on a guy who never really showed much of anything before this year.

Buy high sell as low as possible. That's the Vancouver way!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ThinkTank posted:

Who's excited for 3 1/2 hours of thanking the city of Philadelphia

Me

Pick a good player, Hextall

• Locked thread