Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
here's some info for chicago fans on their new starting winger

Guignol posted:

Nikita Scherbak is a beaut and a shining star on a very bad Saskatoon Blades team. After being drafted third last in the import draft, sight unseen by Saskatoon's very busy GM, Scherbak spent the first few games of the season in a rights dispute with the Russian junior league, who I believe had him chained to a filthy drainpipe until Saskatoon paid them off.

Once he made it out of Sovietland, Scherbak put up 28 goals and 50 assists for the Blades in the year, which is a loving miracle since the Blades were god awful and are singlehandedly responsible for my drinking problem. Technically a rookie despite being 18, Scherbak has put up 19 more points than the next leading rookie scorer, and is far and away the biggest surprise of the league.

Beginning his WHL career as the guy in your beer league who won't get off the ice or backcheck, Scherbak has matured into a fine 1.75-way player who only occasionally takes 3-minute shifts. He has soft, buttery hands, skates faster than 99% of the league and wears huge shoulder pads that make him look about 50 pounds heavier than he is. Nikita Scherbak would make a fine first- or second-round pick for the Washington Capitals, who seem to attract former Saskatoon Blades like flies on poo poo (see also: Holtby, Braden; Green, Mike; Erat, Martin.) He would also look very handsome on Toews' wing, Chicago!

Casual CHL fans may recognize Scherbak for his amazing breakaway during the Top Prospects game, when he fell on his butt and plowed into the goaltender. Prince George Cougars fans will recognize him as the player whose shoulder was injured by their biggest shitstain late in the season, which thankfully seems to not have affected his draft position too much. The Prince George Cougars can still suck the ugliest part of my rear end in a top hat.

Here are some fine videos that feature Mr. Scherbak and his buttery hands. Keep your eye on the visiting blue line and you just might see three handsome Saskatoon goons who'll be making GBS threads up this thread all month!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_RaLuZhMBU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_NRHZllwZA

Scherbak!

checksin fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jun 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
I am pleased that Hunter Shinkaruk is considered so disposable by the Canucks organization. Judging by his current career trajectory, he's going to be shovelling snow at ECHL games on his 24th birthday

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
I can't wait for Ottawa to take Anton Karlsson at #40
Give me all the karlssons bryan murray give them to me

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...

The Dirty Burger posted:

@BuffNewsVogl: Sabres GM Tim Murray says in the 2016 NHL Draft, the first three spots will be determined via lottery.

This could end up being pretty cool

If they set it up in an escalating scale so that the third pick has an actual chance of going to the cup winning team, I am so on board for this

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
Okay I'm cool with scherbak going to the remaining teams
E: not boston

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...

Vicas posted:

Draisaitl counts on his fingers like a european :3:

Draisaitl confirmed to not be an inglourious basterd

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
Hawks trade up to pick scherbak

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
Got a perfectly good scherbak kicking around

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
SCHERBAK

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
Boston's table is COVERED in candy

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
Habs nation can look back through my posting history for a complete profile on scherbak I'm loving done

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
PARTY ON GARTH

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
Garth you can say poo poo on television anyday

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...

Martytoof posted:

lmao

"Any Canadiens?"

"Emelin? Markov?"

"Have they talked to you yet?"

".. No"

This kid owns

scherbak is hilarious dude enjoy him forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
Jets just drafted Nelson Nogier, the smartest kid in the dub

• Locked thread