Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lol in what loving world does idolizing a guy that chokes women and beat cab drivers up, and publically talking about how much you wanna make the NHL so you can get wasted and pop bottles make you a "well rounded" individual. I wouldn't touch Patrick O'Sullivan 2.0 here with a ten foot clown pole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grimby posted:

You pretty much ignored the entire context part there at the end.

Lol yeah I'm sure the 18 year old OHLer that is admittedly a big fan of Johnny Manziel and Patrick Kane's off ice behavior doesn't like to party and isnt just saying that to help his stock. Also I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grimby posted:

An 18 year old male athlete may to like party? You don't say! Do you actually think every other 18 year old at the draft does not like to party?

The guys point was that he likes and respects people who embrace life outside of hockey and not just being Sidney Crosby hockey robots.

You just went from "look he doesn't like to party!" to "of course he parties" in two posts.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Also there's a p big difference between "I like to party" and having your main role models being two functional alcoholics, one of which has assaulted multiple people while drunk.

Also if that was the point he was trying to make, he's a moron. Every hockey player has something outside of hockey, wether it be family, a side business, a summer sport, etc. He idolizes the one that choose to spend their free time destroying their brains in night clubs.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Sidney Crosby is a bad role model, don't be like him. Also he is a boring person. Not a guy who has to constantly walk on eggshells with what he says because he has 40 sponsorships and is the most famous hockey player alive.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grimby posted:

Are you just having a conversation with yourself and posting bits of it here?

no, i'm mocking you

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Grimby posted:

You're not doing a very good job of it

In my defense, you're doing most of the work for me

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ginette Reno posted:

If Ho-Sang would just play the whiteright way there wouldn't be any problems.

I hope the Pens draft him, but Rutherford said he's open to trading the pick and I have a feeling he will move it for a forward

You're the only one who has brought up race, hth

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aye Doc posted:

Based on what's being said in the media so far, teams judged Ho Sang based off the fact that he's black and brash and arrogant and heaven forbid we get a second PK Subban in the league and actually have some exciting players who aren't boring good old Canadian boy robots

You are a sensationalist moron.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aye Doc posted:

Teams interviewing him were comparing him to the Harlem Globetrotters and got annoyed that he reacted negatively to it sooooo

Because he's the most offensive/flashy player in the draft by far. I've heard that about white players too. A ton people said it about Rob Schremp. Google the two names together if you don't believe me.

People like you are the only ones bringing up race. Also, I'm one of Ho-Sang's big detractors, so by your logic I must hate PK Subban, right? Well do a forums search and all you'll find is me signing PK's praises about the way he plays on the ice and acts off of it since before the dude was drafted. Not everything is about race.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

tofes posted:

I'm not racist, all my favorite players are black

He literally brought up that people do it because they hate guys like Subban. I used his example to show that that wasn't the case. I didnt pick a random black player and say "look I like a black guy". You guys are hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
back from my stupid probation, just dropping in to say fire Nonis, Carlyle. peace

• Locked thread