Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Paulocaust posted:

lol in what loving world does idolizing a guy that chokes women and beat cab drivers up, and publically talking about how much you wanna make the NHL so you can get wasted and pop bottles make you a "well rounded" individual. I wouldn't touch Patrick O'Sullivan 2.0 here with a ten foot clown pole

quote:

Ho-Sang sees a bit of himself in the way that Patrick Kane plays, but also loves how Kane embraces life off the ice, even when it gets him in trouble.

"He parties all the time. There's pictures of him shirtless, partying regularly. There's stories about him everywhere. That's cool," Ho-Sang said. "You look at Patrick Kane, he's having a good time. He's getting the job done. I guarantee you ask Patrick Kane how much he loves to party, he'd say '10,' [on a scale of] one to 10. You can tell.

"The bottle's popping, all this stuff. He's absolutely hammered at all the parades. That's hilarious. These guys are having a blast. I know they've won, so people are like, it's OK."

Like everything with Ho-Sang, context is important. He says he doesn't go out partying. He just admires those who embrace life, those who have more going on than what's happening on the ice.

You pretty much ignored the entire context part there at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Paulocaust posted:

Lol yeah I'm sure the 18 year old OHLer that is admittedly a big fan of Johnny Manziel and Patrick Kane's off ice behavior doesn't like to party and isnt just saying that to help his stock. Also I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you.

An 18 year old male athlete may to like party? You don't say! Do you actually think every other 18 year old at the draft does not like to party?

The guys point was that he likes and respects people who embrace life outside of hockey and not just being Sidney Crosby hockey robots.

Grimby fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jun 27, 2014

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Paulocaust posted:

You just went from "look he doesn't like to party!" to "of course he parties" in two posts.

You really have no reading comprehension skills do you? Nowhere did I say he doesn't like to party. I was pointing out you took his comments completely out of context in an article that explicitly points out that the comments should be taken in context. Now you're saying I reversed positions on something I never said.

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Paulocaust posted:

Sidney Crosby is a bad role model, don't be like him. Also he is a boring person. Not a guy who has to constantly walk on eggshells with what he says because he has 40 sponsorships and is the most famous hockey player alive.

Are you just having a conversation with yourself and posting bits of it here?

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Paulocaust posted:

no, i'm mocking you

You're not doing a very good job of it, you're just coming across as an angry man who takes things out of context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002

Paulocaust posted:

In my defense, you're doing most of the work for me

Meaning I'm leaving you very little to mock me about so you just look like an angry man who takes things out of context?

• Locked thread