Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

~see my amazon wishlistu~
8 is really great at booting fast. i have a laptop with a 7200rpm disk and it appears to boot faster than my win7 desktop that has an SSD in it

but it's windows 8 and so i never use it unless i absolutely have to look at win8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

i'm wait thurott on the win8.1 update 1 changes too

imagine all your iPad apps grew window management controls just because "some people want to use a keyboard and mouse", you'd be a little offended right? though I think they did an okay job hiding them unless you absolutely need them (they don't appear unless you actually mouse to the top of the screen)

the more i use GNOME 3, the more it feels like microsoft's old pre-Win8 vision of tablet-friendly computing, just with all the system-level changes necessary to make it as friendly as possible for input methods

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

so unlink your hotmail account

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

sounds like you are caring too much

try caring less

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

here's the thing, windows doesn't have to fully start the whole system to display that login prompt

it keeps loading stuff in the background

it may not be your user stuff but if the pin is what's holding you back, well, I dunno

also why are you cold booting so much that this is a problem

just let it go to sleep/hibernate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

look what you've done, you've got me caring :-(

• Locked thread