Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Krysmphoenix posted:

Alright, signed up as support. Went on the Russian side but I don't mind swapping around because I have no idea what the hell I'm doing!

Pretty much the same here. Russian support, wouldn't mind helping out in the case of a German manpower shortage, entirely incompetent. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

drat that spreadsheet is a mess.

I tinkered with things here and there. If you missed it, there is notations for your experience with the game as well as if you're willing to swap countries or roles. Please edit your entries responsibly.

It's a glorious representation of what's to come.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Comstar posted:

Do Red Army Commissar's shoot retreating troops? Do German commanders shoot anyone taking "One Step Back"?

Does the game even have a retreat?

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Feinne posted:

a #yolo artillery barrage

I was so worried we wouldn't able to read this thread and be stuck with months of suspense. It's been amazing so far.

It's a shame our CO appears to have disappeared near the end though. He got the job done and I can't say I've been anything but entirely satisfied with tatankatonk's command and would be happy to be in a similar position next round assuming things don't get shaken up too much. We also appear to have avoided a Herpicle coup and officially loaded him onto an Eastward train. The Merry Marauder seems to be the consensus and the officially designated successor but he hasn't officially responded yet. Though, again, anything could happen with re-balancing the teams.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Pierzak posted:

Do we know what happened to dtkozl? A real life emergency or something?

Pretty much no idea. Seems to have just stopped posting one day.

TonySnow posted:

if we secure the entire town without ever seeing the enemy, we'll obviously win automatically.

Tony knows what's up.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008
If we're already staking our claims, I'm happy to return in same position with another Soviet HMG. If we even have them on this map, hmm.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I volunteer to command the Germans.

:allears:

tatankatonk posted:

I vote that Herp commands the Germans, and also i'd be down to return as a Soviet company commander. I hope dublish, redflag, and acebuckeye can all make it back too!

Support are people too! :ussr:

Kaislioc fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 16, 2014

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

eigenstate posted:

Amazing. Not even two hours since the last game finished prematurely because of unbalanced teams, everyone is trying to dogpile onto the winning team for the next one.

It's actually more along the lines of "Most of the people who have posted for Soviets so far were Soviet last time and liked it and also incidentally are from the group of people that have no CM experience outside of LPs as far as I can remember except that one guy who has never played at all and wasn't in the last battle either."

Get in the hugbox, basically.

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Fangz posted:

Okay, roster so far. (Tentative... bug me if I'm omitting anyone or including anyone I shouldn't) * = Experience with CM...

EDIT: If anyone wants a promotion to Company CO, I can do that, since we seem short. I want to prioritize people with experience though. I might reshuffle between lower ranks (i.e. platoon command) and vehicles depending on what we actually get, so if people with a definite preference one way or another can make that clear....

EDIT2: Jaguars!, are you rejoining us?

No idea what position, but like I said before I'd like to be on the Soviet side again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

dublish posted:

This. Can't stress this enough. Messed up mortar chains, every HQ in RedLobster's company starting halfway across the map from its troops, and so many mismanaged orders could have been fixed earlier with this. RedFlag's platoon stood in place for 10 minutes until hit by artillery because Grey never put in the part of his orders to move the platoon to the treeline.

Also the number of commanders we had drop out was ridiculous. Of 29 players at the start of the match, 14 dropped out. The only ones who dropped because they got killed were Willie and Jesenjin.

It's not much but I can't help but take a small bit of happiness from having been the last man standing in 2SMG. Well, for a few days anyway.

Affi posted:

Their position was unwinnable. Couldn't grab both objectives, would have lost on points.

I was kind of skeptical of the idea of trying to win an offensive on casualties in the first place but if there's anything I've learned from this it is that initiative is still not my strong point.

• Locked thread