Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
I really enjoy Combat Mission and would love to participate, but I am going to be out of the country for all of September, and both sides look even at the moment. I think I will just spectate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
drat, looks like he is finally listing to some reason.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I know how to use artillery. I also know that all of the ammo would be wasted. Could you fellas keep any complaints within your own company? We have a hierarchy for a reason.

The cognitive dissonance is amazing. He knows how to use artillery, which allows him to realize that he is about to waste it all, but he is still going ahead with it.

Anybody interested in some PBEM? I have all the various WW2 CMx2 games.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.

Shadow gamer posted:

Isn't Herp's artillery going to be call in on a German talley position though? I mean he is still an idiot, but he will get some use out of it, right?

All the more reason to do an area target, the point target is the worst part of his idea.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.

Kenzie posted:

I might be. I have all of them as well, but I don't have much experience with the multiplayer.

Going out of town for the weekend, lets figure it out next week.

JcDent posted:

Now, I might just be stupid (the CM experience I have is turning on the Russian demo of CM Afghanistan, seing that stuff's complicated, turning it off), but it seems that Germans have stupid amount of scouts. Like, more scouts than regular rear end infantry. Also, they look like they have less counters in general. Are their troops more expensive, so they have less, but better guys?

I don't know why, but German infantry squads always have that scout icon when I play. Maybe they all have Binoculars?

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.

The Casualty posted:

What were the Russians thinking, sending that HMG team right into a crossfire? Or were they glitching out trying to enter the building?

I have found when ordering infantry into buildings I have to be super liberal with waypoints. Unlike in Close Combat, your pixeltruppen need doors to enter and exit buildings. But I have not met a building in Combat Mission yet that did not have internal doors. So what the Russians should have been doing was giving specific orders to enter that "block" at the eastern end, and then move through the building to the western end where they wanted to set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.

Rexim posted:

Can troops who run out of ammo be resupplied mid-battle?

You have to specifically bring units which posses ammo. I haven't actually used one yet, but it is my understanding that Red Thunder added stationary "Ammo Dump" units that can be placed during deployment. Normally in Combat Mission the way to get more ammo to your units is loving obnoxious. Typically ammo will be in the inventory of a truck, and no you cant just have your guys stand near the truck and then order them to grab ammo. You have to mount the truck and then grab ammo.

This can be particularly annoying if the truck is not large enough to contain a full squad (say if it was instead a jeep) not to mention it takes a full turn per squad.

• Locked thread