Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Oh, hey, another one of these. Put me in, Grey! I'm gonna be a Soviet support guy, and I propose a meeting engagement for fairness' sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

sniper4625 posted:

As a real American, I'm going to spectate the bloody conflict before making an appearance late in the game.

Nonsense, this battle wouldn't be possible without your trucks. So get in one! :getin:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

And that's why I'm not going for STAVKA. I'd certainly like something with some movement capabilities though.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Krysmphoenix posted:

Alright, signed up as support. Went on the Russian side but I don't mind swapping around because I have no idea what the hell I'm doing!

If you're playing as support, it should be easy. It'll be the Platoon COs' job to move to contact with the enemy. All you need to do is point your gun(s) in that direction and shoot a bunch. Easy!

(I don't know what I'm doing either :v::hf::v:)

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Heyheyheyhey by the time this game is set, the Soviet Army had gotten its head out of its butt and kicked things into high gear. There'll be no talk of cannon fodder and Enemy at the Gates references shall be punishable by :commissar:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

eigenstate posted:

Combat mission: Oregon trail is what this map looks like. How many tanks/ squads will meet their end at the bottom of the river?

Here lies Fritz: Suaercraut and Suacage

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

If we want to expand the "hilarious failure mode" to the Soviet side, I'm happy to take a command position. I've never played the game, so I'd probably designate somebody (1st subunit commander or whatever) as "Tactical Adviser XO", but since we want to balance things out, I can balance out any non-experienced commanders on the German side.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I volunteer to command the Germans.

I formalize my request for a command position on the Soviet side.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

eigenstate posted:

Amazing. Not even two hours since the last game finished prematurely because of unbalanced teams, everyone is trying to dogpile onto the winning team for the next one.

I just don't want to share a team with Herp Derp. If he decides to go Soviet, I'm going German.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Davin already took that, I believe.

I just want a command position. It doesn't have to be Battalion.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Doesn't matter to me. I kinda want to oppose Herp directly, but I have no experience, so maybe not.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Personally I'd rather see goons vs. AI Campaign mode, myself. More chances to jump in, less chances for drama.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I also request the zen of Hob Gadling. All I could see was my men getting shot and not shooting back.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Bacarruda posted:

A bunch went off. There was the AT mine that blew up Willie's truck. And at least two of the AP mines in the village went off (one on the Outpost Farm path and another in one of the booby-trapped houses).

Your mines on the road blew up my squad first. And then some other poor squad decided to path right over them. JERKS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Fangz posted:

Only if you give the attacker the doctrinal 3:1 superiority in force. :v:

Or let the attacker open with a bunch of pre-planned artillery anywhere they like, gratis.

• Locked thread