Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Open Source Idiom posted:

I can see what she's meant to be about, both as a gesture to world building and the non-normative future cultures the show wants to depict, and as an outside player in the political landscape meant to bolster the realpolitik narrative while prefiguring as a wild card, but she's sort of this really exploitative, silly presence that hangs out by herself for the most part. All her political moves, her sister being beheaded by her lover and her lover then getting the chop in return, have happened off-screen. I can't say I care.

I think you missed a pretty huge plot point in the last episode, namely that she isn't actually "Arika", she is the leader of New Delphi the whole time, so those two heads were not her sister/lover, they were just random heads sent as part of her political maneuvering. I am not really sure that this changes anything about her character development, it has been hammered in that she is stone cold, but it does at least depict her as a thinker who is capable of pulling off long term maneuvers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread