Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm pretty much going watch the show solely for the horrible, awesome premise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Toplowtech posted:

Same, i can see the incoming "inter-relational drama arcs" trainwreck coming and i need something to replace the 100 in the "why am i watching this?" category. Still I can't stand the modern "angel" iconography so gently caress that "angel in human form" bullshit. Give me some inhuman looking angels, tia. Giant tetrahedron of death optional.

I pretty much knew I would like the rest of the pilot after the intro scene in which a minigun and flak cannon shoots a angel out of the sky.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bloody Pancreas posted:

I was initially lured by "Angels are actually, for the first time, presented like the Bible has them to be," hoping for angels covered in eyes and wings. It's pretty corny/janky, but it's really tickling that BSG itch. If they can get over the daddy issues and stop making the angels seem like Power Ranger villains then I think I can really get into this show.

...And god drat the person who pointed out the excessive dubbing, I can't unsee that poo poo.

I was too distracted by other things to notice the hilarious amounts of dubbing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So it's basically a oligarchy system of government in Vega despite having titles like Senator.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

hollylolly posted:

Yeah, the angels are the most interesting characters, so let's spend all our time on the humans and their wedding plans. :rolleyes:

Also I have no idea why that piece of fabric tipped Claire to a Gabriel connection. :shrug:

it's part of the uniform of the angel worshipping black acolytes.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BarbarousBertha posted:

Michael has a really interesting face so I'm going to keep watching until I get bored with looking at him. Anthony Stewart Head's full tilt evil is kinda fun, too, but this show has less going for it every episode.

on the bright side the gratuitous rear end shot was pretty wonderful

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So what happens when a senator gets randomly shot?

Do they find another plant guy to replace him?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

I'm getting real sick of the whele boy's poo poo, i loved that lion

The lion CGI was really realistic.

Also another episode of rear end out of nowhere.

The whole show sort of makes me think of Defiance which had lots of problems in the first season but enough neat moments/characters to stay interesting.

etalian fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 2, 2014

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gabriel is the only remotely competent character in the show.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Dominion, every character but Alex is an angel.

help I just got my dick stuck in a random angel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oasx posted:

I was ready to give up on the show before this episode, but somehow enough interesting things happened, that i would be semi-interested to see more.

The finale was pretty decent but the season felt too short plus really inconsistent quality.

Sort of reminds me of Defiance/Vikings, in which the follow-up season had higher overall quality and sharper production values.

• Locked thread