Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Mud Shark posted:

if there is one thing i know, iceland is pretty much impossible to infect so everyone just move there.

but if something hits iceland they all die cause they're gen pool is small they're basically all cousins

ebola is also a virus that sucks at being a virus. its the goon of the virus world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
lol his name is sambo

also diseases with an insanely high mortality rate dont usually get a chance to spread to pandemic levels, duh

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/02/22/us-usa-bushmeat-idUSTRE51L1A720090222

if it hits the west it'll be for the sake of their god drat monkey stew

really tho, seems like it could spread super easily especially in countries with former colonies where people are coming and going from africa all the drat time to see family and what not. brussels belgium i will miss your fries and chocolate

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Drunk & Ugly posted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/02/22/us-usa-bushmeat-idUSTRE51L1A720090222

if it hits the west it'll be for the sake of their god drat monkey stew

really tho, seems like it could spread super easily especially in countries with former colonies where people are coming and going from africa all the drat time to see family and what not. brussels belgium i will miss your fries and chocolate

Maybe the United States can just outlaw insane and unnecessary cultural foods? Like lutefisk, ripe cheeses, and bushmeat? Maybe once there was a dire need to eat just the nastiest poo poo left lying around. Once upon a time human beings had to eat or starve to death. Now that is no longer the case. Seriously, "bushmeat" is not even a real thing - it's just any drat animal from dried up bats to roadkill. That's like saying you're willing to eat whatever you find in a dumpster provided your stomach can technically digest it.

E:
Also "an African delicacy" my eye. More like an African mistake. Or an African approximation of meat from a game animal. Or an African person couldn't tell the difference between this and an animal raised intentionally for food and inspected by the FDA for disease and cleanliness.

Suicide Sam E. fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 26, 2014

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics

concerned mom posted:

Aren't you belgian?

no. you're probably thinking of the eponymous poster

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Cucking Mama posted:

no. you're probably thinking of the eponymous poster

hi

get well soon africa

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

I really hope this reaches Europe somehow because then it'll be like that movie Contagion and plus, gently caress Europeans.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

mortality rate is ~60% so far, which is p low for ebola but not unprecedented. usually its between 60-90%.

Some are as low as 0% like that lazy American, Ebola Reston strain.

Lol even Americas deadly viruses are fat and lazy.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

genghis.khan posted:

I really hope this reaches Europe somehow because then it'll be like that movie Contagion and plus, gently caress Europeans.

Foreign language but "La horde" (2009) was just about everything I wanted in a movie about Europe.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

The low mortality rate is likely also causing the high infection rate. Usually ebola kills everyone so quickly it doesn't spread. This is why we should blame the survivors.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Euros are in casual mode, you don't want to see enrage zombie death mode.

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

So some guy hosed a monkey, but this guy hosed it first. Who have your mail order monkeys been sleeping with?

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
the bush is so thick i cant find the meat

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

dr_rat posted:

Some are as low as 0% like that lazy American, Ebola Reston strain.

Lol even Americas deadly viruses are fat and lazy.

thats from getting to 2nd base with monkees. davy jones was my fav

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Maybe the United States can just outlaw insane and unnecessary cultural foods? Like lutefisk, ripe cheeses, and bushmeat? Maybe once there was a dire need to eat just the nastiest poo poo left lying around. Once upon a time human beings had to eat or starve to death. Now that is no longer the case. Seriously, "bushmeat" is not even a real thing - it's just any drat animal from dried up bats to roadkill. That's like saying you're willing to eat whatever you find in a dumpster provided your stomach can technically digest it.

E:
Also "an African delicacy" my eye. More like an African mistake. Or an African approximation of meat from a game animal. Or an African person couldn't tell the difference between this and an animal raised intentionally for food and inspected by the FDA for disease and cleanliness.

Cool.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
thanks, Ebola.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

buttcrackmenace posted:

thanks, Ebola.

Ebola? I barely knew'er.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm
Somebody get started on developing time travel so that in a few decades we can send somebody into the past to save humanity only to have them discover that their presence and inevitable death was intrinsic to the spread of the virus all along.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
those biohazard suits in the OP are pretty sweet but where are the completely self contained ones like in "outbreak"

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

concerned mom posted:

Aren't you belgian?

There was that whole Belgian Congo caper. Cuck's mom probably stole some tribe's homeland and made off with their diamonds or some poo poo.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I also have no idea how accurate the intro to that movie is but I choose to believe it's 100% https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1di7g4Hm1s

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I hope it evolves another way to spread

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Lol at calling 60% a low mortality rate

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

good

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

I love this movie. I want to rewatch it now, thanks. Bruce Willis in this is funky <3 <3

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Why is the mortality rate so low?
It's evolving into an actual dangerous pathogen.

Box of Trial
Sep 4, 2003

TONKA HYAH
op is a dork incontinent

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

were overdue for a global apocalypse. i bet you fuckers thought you would live to an old age, maybe have a family or something. ahhahahah. forget about it. youre gonna all be dead within 5 years, vomiting and making GBS threads blood in your basement as you hear mercs above ravaging your house for food and ammo.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Corey Plumper posted:

when the average mortality for ebola is 85-90%, yeah thats p low in comparison

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

roboshit posted:

were overdue for a global apocalypse. i bet you fuckers thought you would live to an old age, maybe have a family or something. ahhahahah. forget about it. youre gonna all be dead within 5 years, vomiting and making GBS threads blood in your basement as you hear mercs above ravaging your house for food and ammo.

I planned ahead and made nothing of myself.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."

RAGE HOLE posted:

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced

RAGE HOLE posted:

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

WHO's regional director for Africa, Dr Luis Sambo.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Corey Plumper posted:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

roboshit posted:

I planned ahead and poo poo myself anyways

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

anyway just move to madagascar then if u scared

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

The Brown Menace posted:

anyway just move to madagascar then if u scared

No that's worse it's closer

Rahu