Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I heard that African monkey meat is pretty delicious, can anyone send me some?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
You'll want to avoid hugging a few fruit bat species around that area, while you're at it.

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/18/7/11-1654_article

Billy Everyteen
May 6, 2009

Heightism is a terrible way to discriminate against people, jerk.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

yay its happening

Billy Everyteen
May 6, 2009

ChickenHeart posted:

You'll want to avoid hugging a few fruit bat species around that area, while you're at it.

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/18/7/11-1654_article

Neat. Most of the deadly diseases that we occasionally hear about on the news, like avian or swine flu, never go anywhere because they lack a way to mass proliferate. There may be hope yet for Ebola to get into the local bird or rat population.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The gently caress is this

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Irish Joe posted:

First AIDS, now this. We should just wall off Africa and pretend it doesn't exist. When was the last time Africa gave us anything worthwhile, anyway, 1865?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
Sambo huh

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Suicide Sam E. posted:

So far this outbreak is 100% black death.

lol

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I remember in the 90's ebola was the hot new plague to brig our doom.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
oh no people are dying of a disease in one of the poorest shittiest areas in the world looks like we may as well just kill ourselves because there won't be any humanity after ebola is done w/ us

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

roboshit posted:

were overdue for a global apocalypse. i bet you fuckers thought you would live to an old age, maybe have a family or something. ahhahahah. forget about it. youre gonna all be dead within 5 years, vomiting and making GBS threads blood in your basement as you hear mercs above ravaging your house for food and ammo.

shouldn't you be off somewhere waging jihad w/ your al qaeda issued twink?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Basically I lust for monkey loving, and will not be deterred by a gay virus. It holds zero power over me.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
maybe dont gently caress monkeys

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

mortality rate is ~60% so far, which is p low for ebola but not unprecedented. usually its between 60-90%.

who the gently caress survives ebola and what does it look like if you do

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

well africa had a good run as the cradle of the species and all that but at this point it'd probably be for the best if we evacuated who wasn't infected with Ebola, HIV-positive, or South African and then just sunk the whole thing into the sea

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

VanSandman posted:

who the gently caress survives ebola and what does it look like if you do

battle
Dec 20, 2013

i wonder why even went back to our cradle why? becuse we've had alot of bad diseases comming out of that land afterwards

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

battle posted:

i wonder why even went back to our cradle why? becuse we've had alot of bad diseases comming out of that land afterwards

cheap labor for a few centuries

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

idgi, how can a bloodborne disease spread that badly are people running around bleeding all over everything?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

RaIp posted:

idgi, how can a bloodborne disease spread that badly are people running around bleeding all over everything?

ebola gets around the whole "bloodborne diseases don't spread easily" thing by making those afflicted spray blood from every orifice

this also kills them

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

Kinda graphic

Close the loving airports, I don't care if they got checked. Keep your diseases Africa. You already gave us AIDS.

Helpimscared fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 27, 2014

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

daft punk is lookin real cool

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
serious though I read a book about this so your best bet is to puke rancid blood and stomach lining all over the person nearest to you, that way you build up herd immunity

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

battle posted:

thats what happens when aatrek gets near cradles

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

SmokaDustbowl posted:

serious though I read a book about this so your best bet is to puke rancid blood and stomach lining all over the person nearest to you, that way you build up herd immunity

No

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Hot dang, somebody change my name to Dr. Sambo, tia.

nimh
Sep 18, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hey Ebola bats, this is SARS bat. Good job!

Shut the gently caress up children. This is Malaria bat, you aint got poo poo on me.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

cock hero flux posted:

ebola gets around the whole "bloodborne diseases don't spread easily" thing by making those afflicted spray blood from every orifice

this also kills them

also in the past outbreaks, the countries it hit had lousy monitoring & containment standards so you have the famous example of a nurse who came in contact with infected blood, did a runner, and then crashed & bled out in an airport in the next country over.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

also in the past outbreaks, the countries it hit had lousy monitoring & containment standards so you have the famous example of a nurse who came in contact with infected blood, did a runner, and then crashed & bled out in an airport in the next country over.

Which is why lower mortality rate ebola is so much more dangerous, imagine if she lived for long enough to infect more people...

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

roboshit posted:

were overdue for a global apocalypse. i bet you fuckers thought you would live to an old age, maybe have a family or something. ahhahahah. forget about it. youre gonna all be dead within 5 years, vomiting and making GBS threads blood in your basement as you hear mercs above ravaging your house for food and ammo.

can i be poverty ghost then?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blackhawk posted:

Which is why lower mortality rate ebola is so much more dangerous, imagine if she lived for long enough to infect more people...

and imagine also if maybe the russian terrorists got a hold of some of the virus in a little bottle????

they could like attack america and it would be all over for us man

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
dr sambo checked my prostate and then i found out he was the janitor. 3 stars would recommend.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gotta hand it to ebola, inducing convulsions is a real elegant way of overcoming difficulties in transmitting blood pathogens. if u wont touch the fluids, the fluids r gonna come touch u...

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gotta hand it to ebola, inducing convulsions is a real elegant way of overcoming difficulties in transmitting blood pathogens. if u wont touch the fluids, the fluids r gonna come touch u...

sorry but the smartest thing that kills stuff award goes to that fungus that turns bugs in to zombies and makes them crawl on top of leaves so it can grow to be as big as possible

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
call me when cordyceps can infect stuff with brains more complicated than a c++ turtle drawing program

actually don't, because ill probably be hiding in my basement and the cell reception down there is atrocious

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

osmosis jones beat ebola and he was black

it was a white man's burden though because the ebola was inside bill murray all along

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
will ebola make me bleed from my eyes? because that'd be p cool like colored contacts except bleeding

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

call me when cordyceps can infect stuff with brains more complicated than a c++ turtle drawing program

actually don't, because ill probably be hiding in my basement and the cell reception down there is atrocious

Pro post for reference to middle school computer class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
guys what if it becomes airborne i'm scared

• Locked thread