Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dkj posted:

Those were his second and third bites.

He's a real go-getter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I saw a guy dressed as Luis Suarez with a bunch of blood on his face for Halloween.

However he was wearing a Manchester City jersey with Suarez's name on it, which was perplexing.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

trem_two posted:

I saw a guy dressed as Luis Suarez with a bunch of blood on his face for Halloween.

However he was wearing a Manchester City jersey with Suarez's name on it, which was perplexing.

Uruguay's jersey is the same color?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Polidoro posted:

Uruguay's jersey is the same color?

Oh, sure. I'm dumb.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

trem_two posted:

lol

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
So apparently when Suarez was 15 he headbutted a referee and broke his nose, but there has been a literal coverup conspiracy in Uruguay to stop foreigners finding out:

The Guardian posted:

Suárez mentions almost in passing that at the age of 15, playing for Nacional’s youth team, he once “ran 50 metres to argue a decision, I was shown a red card so I headbutted the referee”. Yet this is the incident, you might remember, that the American sportswriter Wright Thompson tried to investigate only to discover that the people of Uruguay do not generally take kindly to foreign journalists asking impertinent questions about their hero. The records of that game had mysteriously vanished. Thompson flew to Montevideo and tried the national library, the Uruguayan football federation, referee files and various Nacional officials before meeting Romulo Martinez Chenlo, the sports editor of one newspaper, and being told the story was absolute garbage. Suárez had simply been protesting about a bad call when “he fell” into the referee, accidentally breaking his nose.

Full article here:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/01/luis-suarez-limits-crossing-the-line-book

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

So apparently when Suarez was 15 he headbutted a referee and broke his nose, but there has been a literal coverup conspiracy in Uruguay to stop foreigners finding out:

Full article here:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/nov/01/luis-suarez-limits-crossing-the-line-book

Lmao

He'd literally be beheading people in favelas if he wasn't playing football.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Here's a similar piece from ESPN about trying to find out about the headbutt prior to the World Cup:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10984370/portrait-serial-winner-luis-suarez-soccer-most-beautiful-player

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
He also told the Ajax directors they should pay NAC Breda a win bonus so they'd beat Twente in the final match of the season and Ajax could win the league, they told him to gently caress off. Now usually I'd think that's pretty funny and laugh at good old Suarez but now that he's a Barca player my smile has turned upside down and I just think he's a oval office. rear end in a top hat bitch.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

hadji murad posted:

Here's a similar piece from ESPN about trying to find out about the headbutt prior to the World Cup:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/10984370/portrait-serial-winner-luis-suarez-soccer-most-beautiful-player

This is the story mentioned in the above post

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
So Suarez was head-butting refs at 15, that's actually pretty cool imho [img-camron and bill o'reilly but suarez instead of camron and england instead of o'reilly]

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer

hadji murad posted:

Good link and a good read. Thanks op

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Suarez is a literal crazy person but gently caress me he's good at football

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/4648/champions-league/2014/11/04/5805491/suarez-i-will-return-to-ajax

Seems like a nice guy.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Apparently his first bite of dutch football wasn't enough

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Do Ajax fans even like Suarez? I can't imagine that they'd be too happy that he bit a guy, got suspended, and hosed off. On the other hand, Liverpool fans don't seem to hold it against him.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
He'd still be banned when he went back no?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

blue footed boobie posted:

Do Ajax fans even like Suarez? I can't imagine that they'd be too happy that he bit a guy, got suspended, and hosed off. On the other hand, Liverpool fans don't seem to hold it against him.

he is fully committed to every action in every game

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Byolante posted:

he is fully committed to every action in every game

How does that guy just shrug that off? Wtf?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

beedeebee posted:

It's because he doesn't play in a big league.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

He really is great. He manages to go for long periods just being really good at football and then occasionally his brain just completely checks out for a few seconds.

Lemon fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 5, 2014

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

beedeebee posted:

His knee is already bent so he just gets pushed forward and neither foot gets caught on the ground

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Suarez won't celebrate, as he has too much respect for the fans.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Remember when Suarez scored and none of the liverpool players celebrated with him and then the following season he dragged them kicking and screaming into fooling everyone that they were in fact competent footballers, says a lot about their character imo poor luis

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

TelekineticBear! posted:

Remember when Suarez scored and none of the liverpool players celebrated with him and then the following season he dragged them kicking and screaming into fooling everyone that they were in fact competent footballers, says a lot about their character imo poor luis

Ahahaha the look on his face gets me everytime

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
YNCA

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
what was the context of the game i cant remember

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Flayer posted:

Ahahaha the look on his face gets me everytime

That broke my heart when it happened lol I love Luis Suarez

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

excuse me lady posted:

what was the context of the game i cant remember

Went ahead against chelsea i think

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Went ahead against chelsea i think

Looks like an equalizer judging by the score in the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
He put in a lovely foul on Ramires just as the corner came in I believe. Top stuff.

• Locked thread