Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Hegay posted:

I think when people write "IIRC" they have actually already googled and read several wikipedia pages
im a professional deep web researcher and wikipedia villain AMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Jose posted:

I googled the champions league match dates to see how many he'd be banned for, op

I respect this and appreciate it

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
This is a conspiracy against Luis Suarez. He's done nothing wrong. No evidence.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Should have at least been a year.

This "isolated incident" is bullshit.

Question: what's to stop Chiellini from pressing charges?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Soulex posted:

dignity

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
This is hilarious.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hegay posted:

I think when people write "IIRC" they have actually already googled and read several wikipedia pages

I did not google Eric Cantona just now, fyi, in fact I don't even know what a google is

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Soulex posted:

They've clearly not given him a ban from an isolated incident which might be why he can appeal who knows, FIFA make their own rules

Chiellini would prolly be in big trouble if he pressed charges. All the instances has always made sure that we don't end up in a world where players press assault charges against eachother.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Rumour has it that Justeat are looking into sponsorship deals with him, will keep everyone posted.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Pissflaps posted:

If Liverpool dont like the punishment then maybe they shouldn't sign literal animals?

agreed op

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Shoulda been longer.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Hegay posted:

This is Not True I know many facts about football thanks to my prodigious brain and such

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I guess the question should have been is it possible for him to press charges.

FIFA is hosed up so it wouldn't surprise me if they had some "on the pitch you are under our jurisdiction." Thing. Kinda like the UCMJ

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

if suarez were a dog he'd have been put down by now. really makes you think

Primpod
Dec 25, 2007

jamming on crusty white
If U2 played Wembley could he attend and enjoy their fine music.

If you run up to him with a football is he allowed to touch it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FiftySeven posted:

Rumour has it that Justeat are looking into sponsorship deals with him, will keep everyone posted.

Maybe they can make up for the sponsorship money he'll be missing out on from losing his 1488.com sponsorship

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Lol he doesn't have any of that

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Still a smaller fine than Bendtner got for flashing his boxers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Can anyone find the videos of Suarez in the dutch league flying into players 2 footed from behind because I can't any more.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Soulex posted:

I guess the question should have been is it possible for him to press charges.

FIFA is hosed up so it wouldn't surprise me if they had some "on the pitch you are under our jurisdiction." Thing. Kinda like the UCMJ

In England he could have pressed charges, for the same reason you could press charges against any player who assaulted you. Sport gets a bit of leeway but not 'you can bite people because you can kick a ball'.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

should have been a year, despicable

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

fat greasy puto posted:

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Jose posted:

Can anyone find the videos of Suarez in the dutch league flying into players 2 footed from behind because I can't any more.
This is a witch-hunt FFS!!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

South American football expert Tim Vickery on BBC Radio 5 live: "It is a more severe ban than I thought it would be. I thought it would be restricted to this World Cup. Uruguay's task now is to focus on the upcoming Colombia game without Luis Suarez.
"In Uruguay there is not the moral outrage that the English press deals with this issue so there is no question that once his ban is served he will be selected by Uruguay. He is out of the Copa America next year and will probably miss the first of the World Cup qualifiers on the road to Russia.
""I think the focus in Liverpool and the Uruguay FA in the long term will be dealing with the problem because this is clearly a repeat problem. This is an individual who has a self control problem. You hope that this will mean people around him will stop living in denial and help deal with the problem."

Tim Vickery is an actual idiot who doesn't realise Suarez received all sorts of support and counselling from Liverpool after the last time he bit a player and received a ban. Sports psychologists work all over european football even for players that look normal on the surface.

Of course they're working with the obviously deranged nutjobs.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Stinky Pit posted:

should have been a year, despicable

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

fat greasy puto posted:

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.
I think Suarez is hilarious and he is a ray of sunshine in my otherwise dull existence.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

oilcheck my rear end posted:

I think Suarez is hilarious and he is a ray of sunshine in my otherwise dull existence.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

they should make him wear big honking headgear when he plays to protect him from biting again and also to shame him like the animal he is

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.
In a day and age where whole teams basically rely on blood bags to compete we get all worked up over a little nibble it's a travesty imo

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Once a year he goes absolutely mental and loses his poo poo on the pitch. Liverpool got lucky last season that his 2013 incident and his 2014 incident didn't happen to coincide on one club season of football.

Eventually the length of his bans will catch up to and then exceed the time between craziness, and he'll be forced into retirement.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

"paulcampbell posted:

Suarez has now been banned for 39 matches since 2010 without receiving a red card

A whole season's worth of games. He must love the time off.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

and here i thought that society was finally starting to accept otherkin. suarez set us back 50 years ffs. wolfkin are so f*cking selfish

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
ALSO, now that this incident is out of the way FIFA have moved on to their biggest priority by investigating Neymar for wearing the wrong underwear.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
lol i love luis suarez

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Apparently FIFA have confirmed that he can still be transferred during his ban.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

sassassin posted:

Tim Vickery is an actual idiot who doesn't realise Suarez received all sorts of support and counselling from Liverpool after the last time he bit a player and received a ban. Sports psychologists work all over european football even for players that look normal on the surface.

Of course they're working with the obviously deranged nutjobs.

Their support was to tell him he did nothing wrong when he racially abused another player. They're part of the problem

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This world cup keeps on giving. Hilarious stuff and obviously the whole bite was a figment of the british press' imagination

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

JFairfax posted:

This world cup keeps on giving. Hilarious stuff and obviously the whole bite was a figment of the british press' imagination

Has somebody claimed this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

peanut- posted:

Apparently FIFA have confirmed that he can still be transferred during his ban.
but he cant be presented so real madrid have ended their interest

• Locked thread