Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Pissflaps posted:

Has somebody claimed this?

You've missed some lovely quotes from the Uruguayan FA and President flaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Pissflaps posted:

Uruguay FA

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Pissflaps posted:

open your eyes sheeple, there is a conspiracy against Suarez

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

"these things happen in a football match"

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Total Meatlove posted:

You've missed some lovely quotes from the Uruguayan FA and President flaps

I hope to read them at some point

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

I hope to read them at some point

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-uruguay-fight-against-ban

halwain
May 31, 2011
Should have been a lifetime ban.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

fat greasy puto posted:

if suarez were a dog he'd have been put down by now. really makes you think

Not if that dog had just scored 31 goals in the PL and was worth millions.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

@rawk_meltdown on twitter is amazing right now some choice pubbie tears

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

BBC: "Can you comment on the incident with Luis Suarez? Can you comment on what the world saw yesterday?"

Diego Lugano: "What incident? I don't know what incident you're talking about. I don't know what incident you're talking about. Are you talking about the Premier League or the national team? Have you got something against Luis?"

BBC: "Chiellini? Are you saying nothing happened?"

Lugano: "No. The pictures don't show anything. They show an approximation but nothing important."

BBC: "Why is Fifa investigating Suarez then?"

Lugano: "I don't know. As far as I know."

BBC: "Are British media to blame?"

Lugano: "No. Everybody knows the British media have an issue with Suarez. It must sell newspapers in England. Otherwise you wouldn't be here. Yesterday Uruguay played against Italy and Saturday it will play Colombia. I don't know what a British journalist is doing talking about Suarez. It must be popular with the British media. I don't see another explanation.
"But we're happy with yesterday's win. You don't look that happy with Uruguay's victory but, well, now comes the hardest part which is facing what I believe is the best team so far in the tournament. Colombia has scored a lot of goals and won easily."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28026610

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
FIFA is a racist organisation IMO.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

mynameisjohn posted:

:qq: why do the mean FA and FIFA keep picking on poor little Luis?

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

It doesn't have much lower to go.

*waves from the other side of the adriatic, giant george w. bush MISS ME YET sign in hand*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ronaldo posted:

Why do you want my opinion? I never bit anyone. But I know that bites hurt. My young kids used to bite me and I used to punish them. In my room, punishment is called 'the dark room with the big bad wolf', so I suppose for an adult four months with no football is the same.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Liverpool have released a statement

quote:

"Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the FIFA commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

"We look forward to the publication of the commission's judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

"We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of a dirty Italian alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Chiellini's own team-mates and all the match officials - saw the bite"

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/165444-liverpool-fc-statement

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

mynameisjohn posted:

It is

quote:

Get some perspective you corrupt bunch of idiots.

quote:

gently caress OFF JUST gently caress OFF

quote:

Unfair. Totally unfair. Poor luis.

quote:

thats loving bullshit

quote:

WHAT THE gently caress?! SERIOUSLY WHAT THE gently caress

quote:

That is the stupidest ban I've ever seen in my life.

quote:

Do we get to bill FIFA for the loss of value to the club?

quote:

They can get hosed the sacks of cum, as if they're going to ban him from club football.

quote:

Actually so pissed off I feel like biting someone

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Maradonna Summer posted:

*waves from the other side of the adriatic, giant george w. bush MISS ME YET sign in hand*

Greece now carries the banner for all poo poo economies and failing nations - do us proud.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I wonder if Suarez could argue a lesser sentence if he agrees to shave his head and wear a Bane muzzle.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

YES!

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Big Bad Wolf checks under his bed for Suarez.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
i dont get it

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I love some of the dickhead comments in here so far saying he deserved it, sell him bla bla.

This is way over the top which ever way you loving slice it. He deserves a ban but to say stuff like he would have got the same if he head butted etc is ridiculous. Some people have been swallowing so much ssn and press bullshit they now believe it and preach it on here themselves.

He warranted a decent size international ban, but to punish our club who have clearly worked great with him all last season is unfair beyond belief. If anyone thinks he/we deserve that then you need your head checking.

Sorry to sound so hostile I just think this is so so unfair on our club.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Liverpool are so horrible.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
God I hope he gets caught in a football stadium and gets banned even longer

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

blue footed boobie posted:

There should be no ban and he should have to wear a muzzle for the remainder of his career.

Make it a surgical cone, and I'd be ok with this.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I love some of the dickhead comments in here so far saying he deserved it, sell him bla bla.

This is way over the top which ever way you loving slice it. He deserves a ban but to say stuff like he would have got the same if he head butted etc is ridiculous. Some people have been swallowing so much ssn and press bullshit they now believe it and preach it on here themselves.

He warranted a decent size international ban, but to punish our club who have clearly worked great with him all last season is unfair beyond belief. If anyone thinks he/we deserve that then you need your head checking.

I actually think this is a fair argument. It should be up to the team/league he plays in to apply an appropriate punishment if they deem necessary.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

The same club who refused to behave in a conciliatory manner over his racist behaviour?

Get out.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Why do football people freak out about a little nibble? They must be uncomfortable with their sexuality. Who wouldn't enjoy a little sexy teasing from a hunky Central American stud?!?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

WastedJoker posted:

The same club who refused to behave in a conciliatory manner over his racist behaviour?

Get out.
that wasnt last season

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

I think it's really lazy to dismiss supporters of the ban as swallowers of press bullshit. I'd be advocating a long ban for any player that did this poo poo not once, not twice, but three loving times. Sorry Liverpool got hosed mate, but this is all on Suarez.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Twitter is exploding with rumours Uruguay have said they are considering not turning up for their second round match.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't stop laughing at any of this. FIFA investigating Neymar's underwear, that Ronaldo quote, whiny fans, this entire incident, all of it. gently caress Suarez and it should've been a year IMO but I can't be too mad about this much hilarity surrounding it all.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Lenin Riefenstahl posted:

Why do football people freak out about a little nibble? They must be uncomfortable with their sexuality. Who wouldn't enjoy a little sexy teasing from a hunky Central American stud?!?

stop enabling rape culture, chiellini offered no consent and you can't blame him

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

8raz posted:

that wasnt last season

I guess that's ok then.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

WastedJoker posted:

Twitter is exploding with rumours Uruguay have said they are considering not turning up for their second round match.

They should all bite dudes in protest

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Plenty of liverpool fans in various media claiming antonio valencia also needs to be banned for 4 months now. Im glad so see we can keep perspective of whats important :).

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Can Suarez continue his football manager save?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

WastedJoker posted:

I guess that's ok then.
yes, correcting your quotes is akin to condoning racism. great job.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

I actually think this is a fair argument. It should be up to the team/league he plays in to apply an appropriate punishment if they deem necessary.

I think the 4 month ban acts as a period where he is personally punished, can get help and FIFA have protected other players from the risk of him doing it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sassassin posted:

Can Suarez continue his football manager save?

FM is clearly a football-related activity, mate. No FIFA either.

• Locked thread