Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

XyrlocShammypants posted:

And the reality is unanswered questions are often simply better than answered ones if the journey to the conclusion was interesting enough.

Exactly. No sort of answer to the disappearance would be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Still liking this. The only part I don't really like is the GR cult but I;m sure that will become better in time.

We've already had people question just how much would change when people randomly disappeared so everyone should prepare themselves for a lot of confused posters.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Does it even matter if you knew someone who disappeared?

A poo poo load of people just instantly vanished all over the world at the same time. Surely that would concern everyone....

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ApexAftermath posted:

Holy god drat gently caress poo poo that season trailer.

Yeah. I was already on board but that just sealed it.

I don't really get a lot of the hate even if it is to do with Lost because wasn't Lost insanely popular on here?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Haha all the top reviews on imdb are like one star. So many people still mad about Lost.

Blaming Lost for everything is still a pretty popular choice, as seen in this thread.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Rapsey posted:

Ugh I'm done watching this show. It's boring as poo poo and every single character is unlikable.

I don't know about anyone else but I'll sure miss your contributions to this thread.

I think the voice on the phone definitely got sinister near the end but it was probably real. It seems like the cults are a big problem in this new world so it makes sense they would want squash them early.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Corte posted:

So who do we think stoned the GR lady? Personally I felt the episode does a lot to suggest it was the GR:
-the initial scene between glasses(Gladys) and Patti where we see her nod
-Gladys pleading with those stoning her
-the flashback Lori has
-the conversation between Patti and Lori which also showed they don't always wear white or remain silent

The way Patti talked about Gladys' issue after her son's death and her commitment to the cause also seem to suggest she may have been willing to martyr herself. I enjoyed parts of the episode, the opening sequence was very powerful. I think we might see Lori try to leave the GR at some point, I'm interested to see how that is handled.

It could've just been random people in the town.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So the GR are going to display all the people who disappeared or something? Also when the dog killer guy walks out of the cabin he says 'oh shut the gently caress up, I tried', what was up with that?

And the whole thing with Patti, I kinda wish was she still around. The GR are much more interesting when they aren't mute. Fantastic episode but I'm pretty confused as to what's actually going on.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wiggly posted:

I would have to re-watch it, but didn't Patti make some kind of noise as he was leaving? I thought he was directing it towards her?

Yeah she does make a noise and that's what I initially thought but the "I tried" afterwards doesn't seem to fit.

I could see either explanation being right though.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Cactus posted:

What are the odds that the producers were lying when they said that the answers would never come, in order to be able to tell their story in peace and get to the end while heading off at the pass all the ex-LOST people's criticisms? I mean, if that's what they're doing it obviously hasn't worked (haha of course it didn't haha) unless they're simply trolling us all for shits and giggles. If I were in Damon Lindelof's position and had had years of assholes being assholes at me about a loving TV show, that's probably what I'd do.

Yeah well after Lost I don't think they would say 'there will be answers' ever again. Lost had a lot of answers but people just either didn't like them, didn't get them, or it was something random like 'who shot at them on the raft?'.

I'm not too worried by how much we do find out. I'd like to know more about the GR though.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dirk Pitt posted:

There are still posters asking questions and bitching about the lack of answers on this show on this page or the last.

The show has stayed true to the ~we aren't going to answer poo poo~ theme.

Well there are still posters who are confused that people have been drastically affected by 2% of the worlds population vanishing instantly so what can you expect?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

life is killing me posted:

Well I mean, what if you didn't lose anyone to the not-rapture, and your life is literally unaffected directly? Do you just lose yourself in empathetic grief or continue with life as normal because I mean really, the world can't afford to stop turning because a few assholes disappeared?

Oh you.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dantu posted:

Agreed, this episode was placed perfectly here. I don't care what anyone says, Lindelof is the king of time shifting as a story telling device.

This episode worked so well because we knew where it was headed, it was like watching a car accident in slow motion.

Yeah. Great episode and it wouldn't have been half as good if it were the pilot.

Ugh 2 weeks until the season finale? I'm actually pretty excited for it...

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Tomahawk posted:

This show is awesome and if you enjoyed Lost I would say that this is a spiritual successor.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Really enjoyed that.

• Locked thread