Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
The actress playing the daughter has a nice rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I really just hope that the event isn't revealed to be actually the Rapture.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Slackerish posted:

And the "bagel subplot" was sort of dumb.

The whole purpose of that was for him to verify for himself (and us) that he isn't delusional. The beginning of the episode started dropping clues that he was insane. No one saw the Mystery Man, the truck was in his driveway, his bagels just disappeared. He's clearly delusional, right? Well, maybe not. His daughter addressed that the guy exists. His father said someone was sent to talk to him. And he found his bagels. So maybe he's not so crazy after all.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I hope I wasn't the only one who was checking to see whether the daughter and her friend specifically addressed the Mystery Man when he was at the door.

There's still a part of me that's thinking that maybe the Cop guy actually handed her the beer (a-la Tyler Durden) and he's still going to end up being insane (or whatever his dad is going through).

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Hoopaloops posted:

Every play 6 degrees of separation / Kevin Bacon? I think you'd be surprised how many people know someone in a random 2% of people over the world; might not be a direct family member but likely a friend or a friend of a friend would qualify as a 'direct connection'.

Yeah, I mean, how many Facebook friends do you guys have? Imagine of 2% of them randomly went missing. Or how many of them would mention that one of *their* friends went missing.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
One thing I wonder which I don't know if they answered or not: Did anyone actually witness anyone disappearing? The Pilot made it seem like people vanished out of sight. I didn't know if anyone had actually seen anyone, because then that might shine some light on what happened. Did they just "blip" out? Were they lifted into the sky by a white light? Did they transport out like on Star Trek?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
The people disappearing alone violates multiple laws of physics, so getting all science-y on this show won't really help.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
In a world where one family tries to eat an entire KFC basket, one man will have to decide what to do with...

The Leftovers

Sundays on HBO.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
2% of the population just didn't want to watch the show anymore.

Those in this thread are

The Leftovers

Sundays on HBO.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

lifts cats over head posted:

The show implied that he was having sex when the incident occurred but I don't recall whether or not that woman (whether it was his wife or not) vanished. Also I'm pretty sure that the quick cut shot of the guy running around naked was actually his father so the two events are unrelated.

But if you cum inside someone and they're raptured.. what happens to the cum?

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I just realized how dumb it is that the GR use pen and paper to communicate. Presumably they could use sign language, right? Or just text each other, good god.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Tomahawk posted:

What's in that loving magazine.

It's the "Who shot MR Burns?" of the LeftOvers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Tomahawk posted:

Or some/most/all of it could be supernatural and real since 2% of the planet's population vanished into thin air and magic is definitely a thing in this show.

Given that the creators of this show are linked to LOST, expect a "Hey it looks like we're going to give you a scientific reason for these supernatural events, but in the end we're going to say that you shouldn't have expected that and that the story was really 'about the characters and their experiences.'"

• Locked thread